Chapter 12 – Separated
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Owl! NO!!" Hyde roared with grief. "Bastard! Die for me!"

 

Activating his ability <<Bulk Up>>, Hyde transformed into a violent berserker with exaggerated red muscles and eyes burning like crimson fire. In this transformation, his abilities increased exponentially especially his strength and defense.

 

But the downside was a decrease in movement speed and agility. Hyde lumbered fiercely towards the demon and launched a powerful left hook into his face. However, to his surprise, the demon did not budge.

 

Kyros glared at the young berserker and sneered. There were more powerful berserker demons in Hell and even they could not defeat Kyros. A puny, mortal wannabe wanted to contest with him in terms of strength and power? Laughable! With a fling of his arm, he knocked Hyde into a wall. Kyros puffed out his chest and unleashed a sonic blast at the other Scribblers.

 

While Alverost and the rest were disoriented from the roar, Kyros raised up his hand and bellowed. "Rise, my minions of the Darkness! Envelop thy souls onto these vessels and unleash thy Chaos!"

 

Dark smoke rose from the grounds and whirled around Kyros before shooting into each of the many props that laid about the room. Roars of evilness trembled the room as each prop sprung to life. There were zombies, werewolves, abominations, and even demons.

 

As the props rose from their positions, they locked their sights on the Scribblers and attacked. However, the Scribblers did not panic. They were all veterans in combat and they were quick to adapt to the sudden situational change. They, too, leaped into action.

 

Nyanko activated her ability and transformed her hands into sharp, furred claws. She rushed towards the enemies and met them head on while drawing aggro and buying time for someone to go help Hyde.

 

Meanwhile, Ace and Alverost pulled out their favorite guns and began shooting at the zombies while King summoned three swordsmen to attack. Bramblina used her <<Thorny Way>> ability to manipulate thorny bushes to surround Hyde as she and Zero300 arrived to help Hyde tend to his wounds.

 

Zero300 cast the second part of his Creative Skill <<All Things Add 300>> to increase the durability of the thorny bushes by 300% as well as heal Hyde's battered body by 300 points. The young man continued to activate his ability, essentially creating a safe zone.

 

Once Hyde was all healed up and the thorny bushes have enough hit points to tank a couple of shots from the elder demon, Zero300 announced to his fellow Scribblers that if they were wounded, they can enter the safe zone to heal up.

 

It seemed that not all of the Scribblers were needed to fend off the waves of enemies. Even though these enemies were demons from Hell, they were unable to fully unleash their powers as their controls over the props they had just possessed were unstable.

 

Through their vessels' instability coupled with the relentless attacks of the Scribblers, the minor demons quickly fell in defeat. Seeing this, Kyros roared in anger and blasted the ceiling down, causing the unprepared Scribblers to retreat. Some of the unlucky ones, however, were crushed by the weight of the two-story house and perished instantly.

 

In a fit of rage, Ispheria summoned her Death Knight and ordered it to kill Kyros. The unholy paladin clashed its weapon on its shield, taunting the elder demon and drawing his attention.

 

While her avatar distracted the Kyros, Ispheria approached the wreckage and started pulling apart the debris. She turned back and hollered for help as she continued pulling. Soon, everyone was helping, but it seemed that there were too much rubble. Ispheria looked around frantically and remembered something.

 

She turned to Death and asked. "Don't you have any summons that can move these rubble?"

 

"Y-Yes! I do! Let me think!" Death stuttered as he tried to think of an undead creature.

 

However, the stress caused by the screams of pain and his own panic scrambled his mind. No matter how hard he tried, he could not think of any creature to use.

 

Suddenly, Clone3 pushed Death aside and volunteered to help. "I'll use my ability and lift up the debris. In the meantime, you guys must quickly drag the wounded to safety. Got it? Can I trust you on this?"

 

"No problem!" Ispheria promised as she eyed her avatar's condidtion. Kyros was insanely powerful. It seemed like her Death Knight won't be able to fend off for another minute. "Graspier! Can you keep that elder demon away from us?"

 

Graspier stepped forward with a nod and held up his hands. "Activate! <<Magic Hand>>!"

 

A large fluctuation emerged from the Scribbler's hands and enveloped Kyros, preventing the elder demon from moving. While that occurred, Clone3 created three clones of himself.

 

He...They grabbed the debris and quickly transported them to the side. With much effort,  they were able to move away most of the rubble. The only major debris left between them and the Scribblers trapped within weighed about two hundred pounds. The three clones and their original grabbed each side of the debris and lifted it high above their heads.

 

"Hurry!" A sonorous voice echoed from all four versions.

 

"You heard them! Let's go!" Ispheria roared out as she scrambled towards one of the wounded and dragged her away.

 

The others also began dragging away the other battered Scribblers and soon enough, everyone was safe from harm's way. Seeing this, Clone3 dropped the large rubble and merged into one with a tired smile.

 

When Ispheria worryingly called out for Clone3, the rookie Scribbler responded with an 'I am fine' as he sat down on the two hundred pound rubble to catch his breath. Ispheria walked up and patted Clone3 on his shoulder.

 

She nodded towards the injured and exclaimed. "You did well! Thank you for saving their lives."

 

"No problem. I just did what I can." Clone3 gasped for air.

 

"Good! That's the right attitude!" Ispheria nodded as she remembered Clone3's efforts. "Alright, is there anyone who can heal? Or at least provide first-aid?"

 

"What about going to Zero300?" Someone asked.

 

"We can't. Zero300 is on the other side of this room. The elder demon will get to us before we can get to the safe zone." Ispheria shook her head.

 

"Oh."

 

At this moment, Bluebery stepped in from the rear and volunteered. "I can provide everyone with some healing berries. They can heal somewhat but they heal over time not instant."

 

"That's good." Ispheria agreed as Bluebery began distributing blackberries to the wounded Scribblers.

 

"I can summon a few Healing Formations." HF interjected, but he looked around him with a frown. "It's too crowded inside though."

 

"Okay! Everyone, help me bring the wounded outside!" Ispheria clapped as she supported a fellow Scribbler up.

 

However, just as they were about to carry out the wounded, both Ispheria and Graspier paled as they felt their Creativity Cores tremble. They turned their attention towards the other side of the room and gasped.

 

Somehow, through stubborn effort and intense anger, the demon had shattered Graspier's <<Magic Hand>>! Not only that, even Ispheria's Death Knight was beaten to pulp in the span of a few seconds!

 

Not good!

 

Ispheria rushed to Graspier's side and exclaimed. "Graspier, you need to fall back! This guy must be a berserker! The more he rages, the stronger he gets!"

 

"I can't! If I fall back now, he'll kill us all!" Graspier refused as he placed Kyros in a hold once more, this time increasing the power output by two-fold.

 

"Don't worry about that! We'll just fight him head on. No big deal. But it's too crowded in here. Let's take this outside." Ispheria assured the young man.

 

"Alright." Graspier nodded after looking outside at HF's Healing Formations.

 

Special shoutout to @Alverost, @Bluebery, @Graspier, @Ispheria, @Ace_Arriande, and @Nyanko

0