Chapter 14 – Battling the Hallow Fiend
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once everyone was in, Ace motioned for HF to find a way to block the door so that the elder demon could not go after them. HF looked at the entranceway, scratching his head as he thought of a solution.

 

"<<Summon HF>>...Summoning Heavy Fences!" HF sprayed out a plethora of Creativity as metallic fence formed near the doorway.

 

But just a fence won't be of much help. HF continued unleashing his Creativity as he increased the durability of the fence. "<<Summon HF>>...Hardening Fortifications! Hardening Fortifications! Hardening Fortifications!"

 

With these two commands, HF was able to create a durable blockage to prevent the elder demon from rampaging through. Even hellfire could not melt away the fence. It could survive the blast force of a tank.

 

Once these two commands were set in place, Ace turned around and surveyed the situation inside. Most of the wreckage that had separated them had been crumbled and blown away by Kyros. The Scribblers could see the ongoing battle on the other side of the debris.

 

Possessed props were slowly bombarding against Bramblina's thorny barricade while the black-haired demon lazily sat on a couch. Alverost had used his <<Time Delay>> to slow down the enemies but only the props were affected. The black-haired demon didn't seem to feel any difference.

 

Alverost seemed to be sweating profusely as his hands wavered. Ever since the ceiling collapsed, separating them from the other Scribblers, Alverost had continuously used his Creativity to slow down the enemies as much as possible. When he heard Ace's group barging in, his power faltered slightly as he sighed with relief.

 

Taking advantage of this falter, the possessed props surged forward and closed the gap between them and the safe zone. Fortunately, Hyde had fully recovered. He and Nyanko stood near the safe zone, preparing themselves for the incoming onslaught.

 

Hyde had already reactivated his <<Bulk Up>> ability while Nyanko had fully transformed into a cat warrior with the help of her <<Catmorposis>> Creative Skill. While Hyde defended from enemy attacks with his tough body, Nyanko nimbly pranced about while dealing stabs here and there.

 

When Ace and his group barged in, the black-haired demon casually glanced towards them before ignoring them and focusing her attention on Hyde and Nyanko. This was because both Scribblers' ability were similar to the powers of two of the twelve saints...Saint Benedict the Invulnerable and Saint Columbanus the Beast Master respectively.

 

Saint Benedict was known for his strength and defense. He was the perfect guard who was skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Saint Columbanus was a strategist who could summon helpers to fight for him. Not only that, Saint Columbanus could take on attributes and skills of his animal helpers.

 

This matched with Hyde's strong tough body as well as Nyanko's ability to take on cat-like characteristics and transform into a cat warrior. The Hallow Fiend sensed a surge of excitement boiling deep within her. She must have their abilities!

 

Ace barked out some orders, drawing away his attention from the wall of thorns protecting Bramblina and Zero300. "HF, Death! Take out the small fries. Ducky, draw that demon's attention away from Zero300. Ispheria! Activate your ability and take on the demon while I provide backup fire!"

 

"Alright!" Everyone positioned themselves and began activating their abilities.

 

"Activate! <<Death Rise>>! Skeletal Warriors!" Death raised his staff and enveloped the head in Creativity. With a knock on the ground, he sent his Creativity into the floor, disturbing the earth as five skeletal warriors brandishing shields and swords rose up.

 

"Activate! <<Summon HF>>! Herculean Fencers!" HF raised up his hand and summoned a portal made from his surging Creativity.

 

Footsteps could be heard within the portal when, suddenly, five muscular fencers emerged out of the portal. With a nod towards HF, the five herculean fencers lunged towards the possessed props.

 

Ispheria bellowed at the skies and activated her ability, summoning the powers of the underworld and forming a powerful Death Knight carrying a large tower shield and an one-handed warhammer from her Creativity. "Activate! <<Death Knight>>! Defensive Stance!"

 

"Activate! <<Ace in the Hole>>! Copy Death <<Death Rise>> Skeletal Archers!" Ace roared as he summoned three skeletal archers to join Death's skeletal warriors.

 

Ace's <<Ace in the Hole>> ability allowed him to be able to copy another person's Creative Skill. In this case, Death's <<Death Rise>> was copied. However, because <<Death Rise>> was not Ace's skill, he was unable to perfectly copy it. That's why, instead of summoning five skeletal archers like Death did with his skeletal warriors, Ace could only summon three.

 

As Hyde and Nyanko fought the possessed props, Death's skeletal warriors and Ace's skeletal archers pincered from behind. Coupled with Alverost's debuff ability, the enemies could not react in time. In a matter of minutes, the Scribblers made short work of the possessed props.

 

Of course, they did not 'kill' the enemies. As the possessed props were made from plastic and metal, they were unable to feel pain or discomfort. A missing limb would not hinder them much from attacking. Thus, early on, the Scribblers started incapacitating them instead of attacking their supposed vitals.

 

All that was left now was the black-haired demon. She was being kept busy by Ducky and Ispheria's Death Knight. Though it seemed like the two Scribblers were doing a good job distracting the demon, turned out she was just toying with them. She had, in fact, paid most of her attention on her minions' fight.

 

"You did well, handling my minions." The Hallow Fiend smiled at the Scribblers, her smile giving off a sinister chill at them. "Especially you in particular. What is your name?"

 

"Me? The name is Zero300." Zero300 thumped his chest proudly as he deactivated his ability in order to conserve Creativity.

 

"Zero300, eh? Interesting...very interesting. I don't recognize you or your ability, but your aura...it seemed familiar." The black-haired demon mused.

 

"Familiar? How so?" Zero300 asked suspiciously. Could it be...this demon knows about his past?

 

"I'm not sure.... I sensed something familiar with the way you control your aura...are you her disciple?!" The demon gasped lightly as she placed her hand over her lips.

 

"Her...who?" Zero300 stood up. "Who are you referring to? Do you mean...Era?"

 

"Era! That's right! Haha, you are definitely her disciple!" The black-haired demon cackled as her eyes twinkled. "To think I would get to meet that bitch's disciple here!"

 

"How's this possible!? My master should have gone to Heaven! How did you meet her unless...she's in Hell? No...that's impossible!" Zero300 quivered.

 

"Haha! Ever since God went missing during your so-called Literary Decline, there's no Heaven left! The Heavens are in shambles and the dead souls have no place to go but down. Though that bitch just arrived recently, she's been causing so much havoc in Hell. You...killing you will appease my frustration!" The black-haired demon pointed at Zero300 with a toothy grin.

 

"Hmph! Now that all of your henchmen have been destroyed, all that's left is you." Ace interrupted with a snort.

 

"Haha, do you really think that's the last of my subordinates?" The black-haired demon glanced over with a chuckle.

 

"Impossible! Y-You mean to say you have more?" Nyanko whined and nearly collapsed from fatigue.

 

"Yea. But, I've decided to spice it up a bit. Rise! My new warriors!" The black-haired demon smiled as she raised her hand up.

 

Suddenly, ten shadowy blobs of darkness rose from the cracks in the ground. These blobs squiggled a couple of times before forming into ten humanoid figures. As the ten figures solidified, their features became more distinct. The Scribblers all gasped in shock when they saw the ten figures...especially four of them in particular. These four looked exactly like Res, Kupid, Owl, and Jade.

 

Special shoutout to @Ace_Arriande, @Alverost, @Nyanko, @@ducky, and @Ispheria

1