Chapter 18 – Battling Kyros II
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Gem breathed her last and burned into nothingness, her twin brother felt a twist in his heart. Because he was already fatally injured, the shock ended his life completely. FriendlyDragon roared with anger when she saw the two perish before her eyes and charged towards Kyros.

 

But the elder demon only smirked. A toothy grin plastered on his face that could get anyone annoyed by the sight. The elder demon flung open his wings and took to the skies, dodging FriendlyDragon's tackle. Kyros hovered in the air, looking down on the rest of the Scribblers as if looking at ants.

 

FriendlyDragon glared at Kyros with anger and frustration and grew out her leathery wings as well. With a powerful flap, she thrust herself into the air and hovered at eye level with the elder demon.

 

"How long can you last?" Kyros smirked as he eyed the remaining Scribblers. "I've killed your healers. You won't be able to recover any more health from here on out whereas you are all my health potions."

 

"Bastard!" FriendlyDragon spat as she charged towards the elder demon.

 

The two collided with punches and kicks, resulting in an intense aerial battle. It seemed like they were an even match, but the elder demon was just playing around. The longer the battle, the more frustrated and agitated FriendlyDragon became. And losing control over one's emotions during a fight to the death was not good for the young Scribbler.

 

FriendlyDragon knew that but she couldn't help it. An indescribable itch burned in her heart as she just wanted to tear the elder demon apart with her bare hands. When one of her punches missed, she couldn't help but pause and curse at her inability to land a hit.

 

It was at that time Kyros decided to act. Taking advantage of FriendlyDragon's distracted mind, he kicked the Scribbler in the stomach, knocking her down to the ground. FriendlyDragon quickly scrambled to her feet but the elder demon had already flown before her before she could raise her guard up, his right arm straightened and ready to clothesline her.

 

"Activate! <<Magic Hand>>!" Graspier roared as he unleashed his Creative Skill, grabbing Kyros by one of his wings.

 

Although he did not stop the elder demon, Graspier managed to slow him down long enough for FriendlyDragon to bravely rush in and grab the other wing. Realizing what the two Scribblers were going to do, Kyros fiercely tugged his wings inward. The three struggled to a standstill, one side not wanting to lose his wings and the other side wanting to get rid of the enemy's aerial advantage.

 

King quickly summoned some javelin throwers as they pelted the elder demon with sharp javelins. However, the javelins couldn't penetrate the elder demon's scaly skin. Suddenly, Riese arrived by one of the javelin thrower's side and grabbed a javelin. With a mighty throw, she hurled the javelin straight at Kyros's face, piercing one of his eyes.

 

Kyros howled in pain as his eye lost function, the blindness momentarily distracted him and weakened his defense. This gave Graspier and FriendlyDragon a chance to attack. With one final pull, they tore the elder demon's wings off, leaving him squirming in a bloody mess.

 

The elder demon stumbled back and fell on his butt. He clutched his wounded eye tenderly and glared at his enemies through his other eye. The boy with the invisible hand, the dragon humanoid, and the boy summoning those damned javelin throwers...they must all die!

 

Wait a second!

 

Where's the other girl? Kyros turned his head as he heard some footsteps coming from his blind spot. Before he could get a clear view of what was going on, Riese had tackled the elder demon and straddled him. With clenched fists, the giantess started whaling on him.

 

Suffering from the pain of losing one eye, Kyros could not build up his defenses and soon, the giantess's punches started to hurt. Though annoyed, the elder demon endured the attacks while he looked for an opening.

 

Suddenly, his eye flashed as an opportunity presented itself. After punching nonstop for a good few minutes, Riese started to feel the strain. She was running out of stamina real quick but the enemy under her still had life left in him.

 

Just as she was about to unleash a Polish hammer move on the elder demon, she faltered as fatigue washed over her. And that was her fatal mistake. Kyros parried her sloppy hammer attack and breathed fire right in Riese's face.

 

The giantess screamed in pain as her entire face burned, her flesh melted and her blood evaporated. As it was difficult to put out demonic fire, Riese's rolling around did not help her much. Soon, the smell of charred flesh permeated the area as the corpse ceased all movements. The fire continued to burn as it spread to other parts of the body.

 

Anger rose in Graspier, FriendlyDragon, and King as they witnessed Riese's gruesome demise. King activated his ability once more even though fatigue visibly showed on his face. He had used up too much Creativity. Axemen, swordsmen, spearmen, he summoned them all. King collapsed onto the ground exhausted as he willed his summons to attack the elder demon.

 

Wave upon wave of warriors attacked the elder demon, leaving no chance for him to retaliate. Another scream of pain erupted from the elder demon as a lucky throw from an axeman took out Kyros's other eye, leaving him completely blind.

 

After resting for a bit, FriendlyDragon rushed in, hiding the sound of her approaching footsteps with the attacks from King's warriors. In a couple of minutes, she reached out and scratched Kyros's face, bloodying it to a pulp.

 

Even though he was blind, the elder demon reacted when he sensed some killing intent directed towards him. As soon as his face was scratched beyond recognition, the elder demon ignored the pain and grabbed his opponent. The elder demon opened his mouth and shot out a powerful fire breath.

 

FriendlyDragon opened her mouth for a fire breath too. But as the two fire breaths collided with one another, they exploded right in their faces. While Kyros could handle the heat and intensity of the backlash, FriendlyDragon could not. Her face burned from the aftereffects of the collision and, because she was still grabbed onto by the elder demon, she could not escape.

 

The fire burned her face off as she screamed. And in the end, she perished. Kyros panted with exhaustion as he looked at FriendlyDragon's body greedily. Time to replenish!

 

But, just as he was about to, an invisible hand grabbed him by one of his horns. As fatigue washed over him, Kyros was too distracted by the juicy health potion in his hands to notice the stealthy hand approaching from his side. Before he could do anything the hand jerked to the side hard, resulting in a crisp sound of broken joints.

 

Unwillingness appeared briefly in Kyros's eyes before all life faded away from his cold body. Graspier arrived to catch FriendlyDragon's corpse as it fell from the dead elder demon's grasps.

 

King arrived next Graspier and placed a hand on his shoulder, comforting him as they both silently mourned for their losses. The battle was finally over but they could not rest just yet. There was still one more enemy inside. They needed to hurry in and help their friends. Just as the two were about to turn towards the house, they heard a sound.

 

"What the actual fuck happened!?"

 

Special shoutout to @FriendlyDragon, @Riese, and @Graspier

0