Crowd and Wine
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gazing deep into the crystal glass, the flute shape enfolding the faint yellow liquid within, faint wisps of aroma tickling the nose whetting desire to indulge in the liquid. Lounging back against my chair I inspect the liquid closely, ignoring the piercing gazes around me. The sound of the voices and sharp remarks drifting pass me not finding purchase in my conscious. Briefly pulling my eyes away from the drink I glance at the lavish clothes of those that occupy my run down courtyard. Mixes of white, black, red, pink, gold assault my eye but are overshadowed by the angry faces of the crowd that don the clothes. A smirk controls my lips as I take a sip from the glass, the cool liquid sliding down my throat and bringing with it a relief of fatigue and a swelling of power within my chest once it lands within my stomach.

 

The faces around me grow deeper with anger and voices quietly call out sacrilege, yet they take not a step as their hands twitch into claws. My smirk grows deeper as I imagine them wanting to reach out and grasp my neck as I take a deeper sip of my glass. Joy filled me as the long wait was finally over, while in the larger picture I was still powerless on the whole. Within this small group of individuals that made up a part of the whole system that has me I finally took a step towards control.

 

Quashing the joyous feelings inside I take a colder and calmer look at those around me. Furious and enraged faces made up the majority but like a break in the waves two faces were different. An indifferent face, her placid eyes staring deep into my own as I notice her, a waterfall of blond silk hair hiding half of her face. She mouths something to me that causes a faint shiver down my back but I can’t tell what she said. With a flicker of clothes she disappears from the crowd and courtyard. The second face was filled with a deep all consuming hunger, his violet eyes seemed to want to devour all that it gazed upon. His mouth was curved into an inviting smile that made those nearby draw even closer when they saw it. His close cropped hair was a contrast to his nearly perfectly proportioned face as a single braid hung from his side burn and dangled with an amethyst nearly perfect in match to his eyes.

 

While the girl, or possibly woman gaze me cause to shiver with just a few mouthed words, the deep abyss of this man’s eyes made me nearly lose myself. His pupil drawing me deep within and I felt my face start to slacken before I managed to bolster myself and continue my charade with the enraged mass around me. A faint light of disappointment graces his face before he too turns to leave, near unbeknownst to the crowd. My teasing power playing fun having been ruined by the presence of those still above me I finish of my glass to furious shouts and gasps of helplessness.

 

Not one to just tease and leave possible repercussions I open a case next to my chair and display a bottle filled with the same light yellow liquid. I convey my intentions to sell off this bottle while also showing that I will not in anyway be swindled or cajoled out of the bottle. With my intentions conveyed I lean back with an even more relaxed posture and wait for them to start arguing between themselves.

0