Changing Tides
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dust spread across the dark sky as the pounding of gargantuan footsteps reverberated throughout the flattened forests and fields. A thunderous crash caused even more plumes of dirt and debris to fill the sky as far as can be seen while gigantic figures clashed. Moving with blistering speed titanic arms wield a variety of weapons that rend the area around them with each stray swing. Clustered around each herculean figure swarms a horde of individuals each gleaming with their own unique lights that merge and coalesce into a halo of black. Every horde formulates into a illusory figure of mind bending and alien features and proportions as they contend against the monstrous individuals.

 

Eventually the numerous sounds merge into one loud bass beat that assails what seems to be the entire world. The originally lush rolling hills and trees are gone, now a flat landscape of glory appealing to the destruction caused by the numerous entities that designated this place towards being a place of combat. Whatever creatures called this place home now long gone or crumbled into the landscape by the resulting shock waves of war.

 

With every rising and setting of the sun that goes by the battle fulminates on and on, just needing a slight tipping point to send the razor edge into one side. With a deafening roar one of the swarms making the illusory figures ruptures into the many individuals that make it up. The base beat of the battle changes as a high pitched whine enters into the music, a mixture of screams of rage, despair and elation twisting together. A hecatoncheir-esque figure pouncing onto its prey, its many limbs sweeping through the cloud of people like swatting at mosquitoes. The whining reaching a crescendo that brings with it a deafening silence as the whining disappears with the group.

 

The bass beat becomes more frantic, it fast pace echoing every things heart beat dragging them along as everything frenzies. The hordes and swarms seeking to escape while the raging hordes of giants tries to grasp and tear at those protected by their mystical light. Within the middle of the giants the most humanoid makes its presence known just by the complete difference in behaviour when compared to its brethren. With a calm an slow motion that goes against all that surrounds it, a hand is raised, with what seems to be the softest of touches its hand seems to caress the air in front of it. A visible ripple spreads in the wake of its hand, one that is quickly grasped and reeled in by the same hand that caused it.

 

A sheet spread across the world, that is the best way to describe it. A sheet that covered everything illusory and real giant was wrapped within its twisting folds. Gigantic individuals softly embraced and pushed outside the bounds of the sheet while illusory were entwined. Each pull bringing them closer to the humanesque giant, twisting tighter and smaller. The bass is gone now, replaced by the high pitched whine, one that grows as more realise that their struggles are useless. The whumpf as every illusory figure collapses and disappears heralds the end, the figures now like a swarm of ants when compared to what was reeling them in.

 

A multitude of faces, a multitude of emotions. A sneering, twisted, grin as the air solidified encases and binds all in its embrace.

0