I don’t deserve him
74 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dewdrops visible on the petals of flowers outside indicates the presence of spring. The calming rays of dusk visible from the windowpane are proof of my existence and the slow breaths of the alpha beside me make me question it.

The same routine follows for morning and I stood there nodding without performing any other gesture.

At exactly midnight, my phone vibrates and there I see the reminder that popped up. "It is Hyung's birthday today," I exclaim as I jump up in excitement. The wavering thoughts that were in my head for a few days vanished and the only focus I will give is to make him feel special and cherished on his day. Hyung has this habit of unconditional giving but for him, acceptance is a hard task. But today I want to see his eyes glitter with glee and feel his body warmth while we entwine our bodies and ensure him that he too is someone special. 

Hyung is like a guardian to me and for him,  giving materialistic things is not my option right now. "Yes, let's make something for him with my own hands. I will have plenty of time since Hyung is away on a business trip and he will arrive late at night. Alas! But I wanted to spend my whole day with him today and in the end, I wanted to make myself guilt-free this time". But as soon as I have this thought, my heart starts aching and the feeling of distress arises again.

A feeling that only I am aware of, a feeling of betraying someone, a feeling of snatching happiness from my own best friend, a feeling not justifiable in words, a feeling of becoming a sinner. Well, nobody has it easy, this world demands a sacrifice. If you want to accomplish something, you ought to take the path less traversed, or if not then you ought to walk on the path that was destined for someone else.

I think of inviting Kiro since, he is also close with Hyung but as soon as I proceed to dial his number, the doorbell rings. I head towards the door leaving my cake in the oven while glancing at the time. It is still too early for Hyung to return. I have not even prepared dinner yet. Hyung is not very fond of fancy restaurants unlike me and prefers to spend the time alone with me in the comfort of home. 

"Surprise!", a familiar voice emerged as soon as I opened the door and saw my friend Kiro standing there in fancy clothing with a bouquet in one hand and a cake in another. I focus my attention on bouquet and realize that these are Hyung's favorite flowers. Then, I glance towards the cake, and meanwhile, Kiro notices my dilemma. He heads in and passes me the bouquet.

"Here, give this to your Hyung on your behalf." I gave him an astonished look to which he smiled and said that "I knew you would be busy preparing for other things and will forget about this. So, I thought of decreasing your workload a little and yeah, about the cake, it is for you. The flavor you like. I was not able to thank you properly for the gigantic party you threw last week on my graduation so just consider a return gift from my side." He winks at me and inquires about dinner. "Oh! so you still have to make dinner? I am sorry for taking so much of your time, I think I should leave now." Kiro hugs for the final greeting while still bearly inside and my hands tremble while hugging him back. The throbbing pain in my heart increases instead of subsiding. I judged him completely wrong, I thought that Kiro bought the cake for Hyung and those flowers too. I don't deserve to be his friend, he is my savior and like an angel, he appears every time I am in need. How can I do this to him? I was about to call him for dinner but since he came by himself now, I am not able to make him stay. Actually, I don't want him to stay but he is my best friend. How can I be so greedy? Is this the feeling of jealousy? I have never experienced something like this before. As my head was filled with these mind wrecking thoughts, he turned around and was ready to leave but he halts his steps as the door behind him opens.

To this Kiro, who was just at the entrance lost his balance and soon as I head towards him, a hand from behind reaches making the three of us stumble on the ground. 

 

To be continued....

1