Ch 7. Dawn of the monster
5.5k 46 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fight was not over. The other enemies started withdrawing.

My aircraft keep an eye on them. The problem is, soon they will run out of fuel and I cannot land them here.

[I will attack the group over there.]

71 meters away from me there are 3 enemies. That much should be enough for me.

The houses are burning, the reason to burn everything is still unknown. I shall interrogate them, one by one.

I found many dead people, scattered around. Some of them are grouped together.

[Were they a family? I still don`t understand the value of doing such brutalities. I doubt that the village was actually even fighting the attackers.]

I try to sneak towards the enemies. When I finally arrived, I saw them executing a woman, right in front of her children.

[Unreasonable actions which have no proper military value, and no actual use. Are they just doing this for fun?]

I kept observing their following actions.

[Yes, they indeed just kill the people. Why kill the entire family? Even I don`t see a sadistic pleasure in killing unarmed opponents…]

They finally saw me, no more reasons to hide.

“Drop that spear, girl!”

“You are gonna fight? Ha-ha-ha!”

And the third guy just aimed a bow at me.

[Oh my, this is going to become bad. For them.]

I forgot about my skills and tripped over. This time, however, an arrow missed me because of that.

I wounded the bowman and continued my attacks.

I should be beaten already but the belt armor is still holding.

I sliced the opponents in front of me. This Lucky me managed to kill both with a single strike!

The next on my list is the bowman. The one which just lost his leg.

Please! Spare me!” Mission successful, starting the interrogation.

“You either tell me who you are and what are you doing here. Or I will start cutting your stomach.

I lit my eyes with fox magic and showed him the bloodied blade.

“We were ordered to kill this village… we are just mercenaries!” The blade was positioned for dissection.

PLEASE! I BEG YOU!

The blade touched his skin.

I WILL TALK! I WILL TALK! JUSTSTOP!

For now I stopped cutting him and held my blade.

“The duke ordered us to kill them! We don`t know why! Please! Be merciful!”

AAARGH!

I started the crash testing of leather armor.

For now that should be enough.

The fuel is drained fast, I must disengage soon.


I will just head back to Elina and Albert. They might need some help.

Looks like we really were late, there are no people who can be saved.

Right behind a corner of a house I found myself standing in front of two really bad guys.

My attack missed them which gave them time to regroup. One of them is wearing a brown cloak. Will it be my first time fighting a mage?

[I must take him down before I have a chance to find out.]

I am losing my time by fighting my own weapon`s pole. Should I grow accustomed to it?

I interrupted a weird chanting by hitting that idiot with the pole. Nothing serious for him but it looks like non-lethal attacks are much more successful for me. As long as I am not falling.

The mage fired a fireball at me and I sent my foxfire to counter it. I was F* burned by that fireball.

Fire reported on the flight deck, the bridge, the bow. Damage control teams were sent.

A deep male voice reported the status. I did not die from the fireball but it surely made a lot of damage.

I am getting angry.

No more fooling around.

I dashed towards the mage but my attack was blocked by his companion. No serious damage.

I cut the swordsman`s leg off and proceeded towards the main target.

The downed bastard grabbed my leg so as expected, I fell down.

I barely stood up before he managed to hit me in the back. My arm made a ‘ding’ metal sound which shocked the swordsman.

His shock was kept forever when I pierced the back of his neck with my naginata.

The mage himself was easily apprehended. Should I cross-reference their words?

“Speak.”

I will never tell you anything.

Instead of continuing this discussion I prepared to cut him open.

“…”

So I just started.

NOOOO!

“You have something to say?”

P… please… I have… a… family…

“They too had a family.”

Mo…n..ster…

Every bit of information can be crucial for me, so I dissected him alive. Better than just wasting him.

Now I am actually feelling like I am a bad girl indeed. This is not the guilt yet but… I surely did a lot of bad things today.

“Hey, Fuji. How are you?” Albert was breathing very fast. He must be tired after all the fighting.

“Fuji, thank God! I was worried about you!” Elina was both relieved and angry. If she is going to scold me, I might postpone the self-reflection…

“Did they flee?”

And that is her reaction…” If he expected more from me then I can only pity him.

“We have nothing more to do here…” There is one last thing.

“I interrogated one of them.”

Yeah, I heard it.” Well, sorry?

“They were hired by some ‘duke’ guy. Anything rings?”

“Yes, but first let`s get away from here.”

“Then I will be going first.”

[Just hang in there boys!]

Announcement
If you want to make a suggestion for the novel - feel free to do so. If you are unsure if it will harm the novel or not - scroll down into the comments. There is a conversation with 'Maple', to whom I described my thoughts about suggestions and how I implement them into the novel. Stay tuned!
Should I clarify who is talking?
  • Yes, its easy to misunderstand who speaks. Votes: 25 75.8%
  • I have no problem with it. Votes: 3 9.1%
  • As long as I get when Fuji speaks, everything is fine. Votes: 5 15.2%
Total voters: 33 · This poll was closed on Sep 10, 2020 07:01 AM.
116