Ch 25. The fox and the searching for destiny
2.9k 12 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was tense. While I let the others sleep, I kept guard all by myself. All planes were left on the flight deck, armed and fueled.

When the dawn only started coloring the sky, I ordered all engines to start up. The coughing and low humming noises soon turned into a thunderous roar, which was only becoming louder. Every plane was ordered to sortie.

Soon, the flying armada grouped at 3 km altitude and set course towards the werewolf settlement.

When the aircraft were about to start the bombing, I aimed the 100mm gun and began firing.


I could only imagine what the monsters felt. In the middle of their lairs the explosions happened one after another. But that was only a prelude.

Together with the rising sun, the sky was filled with an alien sound, and the swarm of unknown ‘birds’ dropped the bombs. One after another they exploded, leaving only death and terror.


This will be a blood-earned lesson for them. Never. Screw. With. Me.

After I finished firing my in-turret ammo I decided to stop the attack. The planes already were on their way back. If there are any leftover werewolves, so be it. They are lucky, that’s all.

It is the time to start moving. We never established a complete camp so our preparations were short.

“I wonder if they will attack us on our way.” (E)

“You doubt me?”

“No, but there might be more than the ones you destroyed.” (E)

I find your lack of faith… disturbing.

?” (E)

“Whatever, we should be going.”

“Yes, yes. Why are you always commanding?” (A)

“Do you want to take my place?” I asked him and aimed all my weaponry at him.

Why are you always acting like this…” (A)

With this out of the way we entered the forest. From here on we will only be orienting with aircraft.

Ding

You received 55 silver coins, 4 Type 99 Rifle (AA), 1 group of D1A dive bombers, 16 upgrade points, 1 level point, 1 steam catapult (Epic), 1 arresting wires (Epic), 1 group of A4N fighters (Changes all other F), 1 Dual 100mm Type 98 (Main Gun), 1 steam catapult (Elite), 3 weapon points

A bountiful harvest was checked.


IJN Fuji – CV. Level 3/7. (Upgrade cap 60)

FP – 20

AA – 20

AV – 50

RD – 53

AC – 60

  Aircraft groups  
Fighters - A4N Torpedo bombers - B3Y Dive bombers - D1A
Installed - 4 of 8. Installed - 9 of 16 Installed - 4 of 6
Weapon systems  
Main Gun Dual 100mm Type 98
Secondary Guns 4 Type 99 Rifle (4 Max)
Anti-aircraft Guns 7 Type 99 Rifle (8 Max)
Flight deck Ready
Steam catapults

1 - Installed (Epic - Grade 5)

2 - Installed (Epic - Grade 3)

3 - Installed (Elite)

4 - Installed (Common)

Arresting wires Installed - Epic

Steam catapult

Epic (Grade 5): -75% catapult reload time, -75% catapult malfunction chance, -50% g-force impact on aircraft during the launch.

Epic (Grade 3): -65% catapult reload time, -65% catapult malfunction chance, -40% g-force impact on aircraft during the launch.

Elite: -30% catapult reload time, -30% catapult malfunction chance, -15% g-force impact on aircraft during the launch.

Arresting wires

Epic: - 50% chance of missing the wires on landing, -50% chance of crashing on landing.

I spent all my weapon points into upgrading catapults so now I can almost immediately launch two planes. I am becoming a true aircraft carrier, not some shabby CVL.


The first few hours passed without any incidents which really pleases me. Yet I keep wondering if something terrible will happen.

Minutes after that we found a broken carriage, filled with old skeletons. While the sight was disgusting, on the coacher’s seat there were lying a lot of copper coins, which are a nice addition to our crippled budget.

That little bun was enough to improve our mood and energize us to continue going forward. Well, that was enough for the ‘Rogues’. The maids became energized after they had a few minutes to fluff me and rub against me while Elina and Albert were collecting the coins.

[Something tells me they are loyal not only because I am their savior… Well, any bauble of folly will keep the maids jolly.]


We were just walking when I felt something weird, I ran wherever I felt I was summoned.

Fuji! Where are you running?!” Elina was trying to chase me but she can’t run as fast.

“Master, what are you searching?” Willow turned herself into fairy and was flying beside me.

I was just running. I ran for two or three minutes before I encountered what was calling me.

It was just a small altar in the middle of the forest. I might not recognize it but I feel that this altar is… very familiar.

I offered my pray and suddenly felt my insides warm. It is the same feeling I have when I feel my luck increasing, or when my luck saves me from bad things. The altar is small so I decided to take what I can with me.

“Willow, call the other maids at once. I want this altar taken with us!”

“Yes, Master! With pleasure!” She was shining with happiness. Might be because she is happy to be of service?

I decided not to waste my time for nothing and kept on praying until the fairies arrived and took the altar with us.

Fuji, I know you can be… weird. But let me ask you one thing, are you crazy?!” Mother was not happy.

“Whatever. I will place it by the house.”

“What house?” Albert tilted his head after my statement. When a little cute fox like me tilts her head, it is kawaii. When an unshaved monkey does that, it is disgusting. I am so f* happy I am a sweet lil’ fox…

Do you two want to live in the tent forever?” I smiled at them.

While the two adventurers were reflecting on what I just said I continued walking towards the setting sun.

61