Ch 51. The fox and the mice
1.5k 3 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The meeting was surprisingly painful. I was happy to return to the maids.

When they examined my head they said that everything was perfectly fine but I wonder how was that even possible? Akagi hit me a lot of times and never held back her strength.

I decided to try understanding the goddess’ words by challenging the fog once again. This time however, I will try not to just mindlessly fight but to understand what I lack that doesn’t let me out of this place.


While I was thinking what to bring with me I remembered a certain miko which was sweeping the yard.

“Miko-san, can you pray for me? I will need any help I can get to break out of the fog.”

“Y-yes! I will pray all day and night!” She blushed and threw away her broom. Then she ran towards the shrine and started her miko dances and rites. Occasionally she glanced at me who stood dumbfounded by her sudden fervor.

I decided to sort out her behavior after I am done with the fog, it is currently much more important than the teen in love.

After I glared at too-happy-to-be-coincidence maids I went into miko’s house to pack some food and water and to do a little praying myself.

Ding

You received 6 upgrade points, 5’’/54 Mk 16 Single mount (Main Gun), 1 arresting wires (Common), 5 gold coins, 3 groups of B5N torpedo bombers (Changes all other TB), 1 steam catapult (Common), Type 11 LMG (Changes all secondary guns), 5’’/54 Mk 16 Dual mount (Main Gun), 1 level point, 1 group of A6M fighters (Changes all other F), 1 weapon point, Type 11 LMG (Changes all other AA guns)


IJN Fuji – CV. Level 5/7 (Upgrade cap 80)

FP – 33

AA – 30

AV – 76

RD – 70

AC – 70

  Aircraft groups  
Fighters - A6M Torpedo bombers - B5N Dive bombers - D3A
Ready - 8 of 8 Installed - 13 of 16 Ready - 6 of 6
Weapon systems  
Main Gun 127mm Mk 16 Dual mount
Secondary Guns 4x Type 11 LMG (4 Max)
Anti-aircraft Guns 8x Type 11 LMG (8 Max)
Flight deck Ready
Steam catapults

1 - Installed (Epic - Grade 5)

2 - Installed (Epic - Grade 5)

3 - Installed (Elite)

4 - Installed (Elite)

Arresting wires Installed - Epic
Rapid deployment. Lvl 5. Tenacity and bravery. Lvl 6. Brave new world. Lvl 6.
Starts battle with 25% aircraft in air. Every 30s shows your pathetic firepower: 30% bonus to FP and AA. On activation: launches special airstrike of A6M5, B6N and D4Y. Can be activated every 1 hour.

After I got improved fighters I can finally feel like an IJN carrier with all the attributes.

Zeros, Kates and Vals with green and white paint filled all of the deck space. If I won’t get myself into fighter jets then I have a complete air superiority.

When I test-fired my new main guns I found out that they can provide firerate comparable to one DD and have a range to compete with light cruisers. Not to mention what will happen to the aircraft caught in their crosshair.

The rest of the day I spent in a pleasant company of maids and their hands. When the sun was about to rise I left the temple, again, and walked towards the coast, again.

I found nothing new on the way and that was disappointing. I even start to feel sorry for the miko because she actually has to live in this barren place with no people around. I never saw any people even in kilometers from the temple.

On this pessimistic note I continued towards the sea.


As if my prayers were heard, I feel that something lucky is going to happen to me and that is why I decided to run even faster to find what awaits me.

When I was approaching the coast I saw that the carrier is about to strand itself but luckily I saw a rocky ground under the waves before it was too late.

After I boarded the carrier and got to my captain’s seat I steamed towards the familiar location where I once again met the fog.

I sent my scout immediately after I passed the wall.

My first action after the trespassing was to check the equipment. The radar is working properly, the visibility is acceptable, the boilers work properly and are fully heated.

I set my speed to Half Ahead and started looking around from the planes and the bridge.

In the first few hours I found nothing of concern and let myself take a short nap. I can predict that after the fight starts I will have no time to sleep for the coming few days. The calm surroundings let me have some time to think.

The ship moved smoothly across the calm waters of the foggy sea. This created an unknown feeling of familiarity and soothed me. I finally felt like I am at home, the issue is, I never saw a sea when I was human. That scares me, because it has nothing to do with who I am. For now I will have to try my best to ignore the sea.

Another group of fighters hooked themselves to the catapults and started taking off in pairs. I use only ‘Epic’ catapults to decrease the risk of losses, while I am not in combat I can let myself take some time.

While I was looking at the fighters I heard pinging sound of the radar. On the screen were several flying objects near the edge of radar range, I immediately sent the scouting flight to intercept.

I was relieved when the fighters reported a flock of seagulls. No dive bombers in this hour.

The sunset concluded the today’s search of the exit and I went to the cabin to have some sleep.

Meanwhile, in a few miles to the east, two bombers spotted a lonely carrier.

36