Ch 60. The challenge to the Old world
1.3k 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first days at sea Kasumi was too excited.

“What is this? Is this a metal castle? How does it float?”

“Why is there a labyrinth inside? Why is there such a huge hall below the surface? Why are there so many small houses inside?”

“What are those metal things? Why are they so weird? Why do they have those spinning things in front?”

I was so happy when she finally calmed down. After the maids’ supervision was no longer required, I let Rin and the company return to their training. For now they will learn the basics of aerial combat in Zeros, against the ship’s fighters. I will be training them like crazy until they are able to fight at least on the equal standing with my own fighters. Only then they will be let train in jets.

I invited Kasumi to the bridge. The maids were on the deck, they will take off without catapults so I am expecting all sorts of troubles. The hands are on the steering, damage control teams ready, the maids are instructed what to do when shark hits the propeller.

“Look closely at what happens on the deck.” And Kasumi glued herself to the window.

With a few coughs an engine started up and a thick smoke came out of it. The other planes followed with the same procedure. Rin drived her zero to the starting line, the rest of the maids drove behind her plane and prepared.

“Rin, are you ready?”

Yes, Control. Awaiting take off. Are we clear?’ Her pretty voice was distorted by the radio but it was the cost of having direct communication with the Ace maids.

“Rin, this is Control, be advised, the deck is all yours, no flights in progress. Begin the take off when ready.” Ten seconds later the engine sped up and Zero began accelerating. At the end of the flight deck the plane started climbing and successfully left the danger zone where it could hit the ship. After that the other maids began their take off.

SO INCREDIBLE! Kakka, are you a magician?” Kasumi was looking at me with wide opened eyes. She was too excited and now I can feel that my sanity is in danger.

“I am just a goddess.” I joked but the joke was well-received.

That is why I love you…” She said that and turned away to hide her embarrassment.

While I had some time before Kasumi begins peppering me with questions, I checked what I have in system.

Ding

You received 130 silver coins, 33 upgrade points, 1 Ho-103 HMG (Secondary Gun) (Changes all other SG), 1 group of B6N torpedo bombers (Changes all other TB), 1 arresting wires (Common), 1 Ho-103 HMG (AA Gun)(Changes all other AA), 3 weapon points, 1 25mm Single Type 96 (Secondary Gun)(Changes all other SG), 1 skill point, 1 group of D4Y dive bombers (Changes all other DB), 1 25mm Single Type 96 (AA Gun)(Changes all other AA), 1 25mm Dual Type 96 (Secondary Gun)(Changes all other SG), 1 steam catapult (Common), 1 25mm Dual Type 96 (AA Gun)(Changes all other AA), 1 level point


IJN Fuji – CV. Level 6/7 (Upgrade cap 90)

FP – 42

AA – 30

AV – 80

RD – 80

AC – 80

  Aircraft groups  
Fighters - A6M Torpedo bombers - B6N Dive bombers - D4Y
Ready - 8 of 8 Installed - 14 of 16 Ready - 6 of 6
Weapon systems  
Main Gun 127mm Mk 16 Dual mount
Secondary Guns 4x 25mm Dual Type 96 (4 Max)
Anti-aircraft Guns 8x 25mm Dual Type 96 (8 Max)
Flight deck Occupied - 4 of 60
Steam catapults

1 - Installed (Epic - Grade 5)

2 - Installed (Epic - Grade 5)

3 - Installed (Elite)

4 - Installed (Elite)

Arresting wires Installed - Epic (Grade 2)
Rapid deployment. Lvl 7. Tenacity and bravery. Lvl 7. Brave new world. Lvl 6.
Starts battle with 35% aircraft in air. Every 30s shows your pathetic firepower: 35% bonus to FP and AA. On activation: launches special airstrike of A6M5, B6N and D4Y. Can be activated every 1 hour.

Arresting wires

Epic - Grade 2: -60% chance of missing the wires on landing, -60% chance of crashing on landing.


And then came the storm...

“Kakka, Kakka, how are they flying, how are they flying? P-please, I really want to know, please, tell me!”

“Why are they so loud? Kakka, please, cover my ears!”

W-while they are gone, c-can we s-spend s-some t-time t-together…?


Our ship live was proceeding smoothly. The maids did their training one or two times per day, Kasumi was trying to stick closer to me, when she was not asking questions or hiding in embarrassment. However, I had a lot of things to do, aside from keeping an eye when the maids were flying. I was keeping in mind how long will it take to reach the continent. When it was 3 days until our arrival, I gathered everyone on the bow. All aircraft groups and Ace maids’ jets were parked on the deck.

The maids lined up like a group of soldiers, Kasumi stood to the side and was looking at the sea.

“Do you know why I gathered you here?”

K-Kakka… isn’t it too… erhm… early? W-we should know each other better… w-well… if you… insist…” I have to stop her delusions before she spouts nonsense.

“We are about to arrive at the continent. In the next 3 days we will be back home. That is why I want every one of you to remember your role, the task given to you by me. Do you remember what I want from you?”

“Yes, Master!” The maids responded in unison. I think I trained them so good that if I wake them up in the midnight they will dress in 30 seconds and report to me, like a group of soldiers.

Yes, Kakka!” Kasumi has another purpose, she will be the main priest for me. Considering she was a certain someone’s priest before, the task did not actually change, just a goddess is different.

“Prepare for the coming days. Soon you will have to pass the test of your will in the fight for the future. The future that we will create together. It is the time…

TO CHALLENGE THE OLD WORLD!

Arc 2 is over. Arc 3 already has its plot prepared. Yay.

What are your thoughts about Arc 2?
  • It was great! Votes: 4 20.0%
  • There are some issues but mostly good. Votes: 14 70.0%
  • It was mediocre. Votes: 2 10.0%
  • It was bad. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 20 · This poll was closed on Oct 15, 2020 06:01 PM.
26