Ch 65. Peace negotiations. Day 1
1.1k 8 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I first thought about the possibility of an armistice with the king I was not delusioned. I doubted that the kingdom will dare to actually make a deal with me. I was ready to use it as propaganda to show my moral superiority of being peaceful victim of King’s aggression. Even if the talk would actually begin I would use them as a trump card to get some time for war preparation.

The delegations really did gather and really did arrive to my future palace. Why I say delegations? The church decided to be a mediator between the king and me. I will actually have to let them be our judge this time.


What surprised me even more, the king dared coming to me.

“Greeting, Fuji.” (K)

One wrong move and I will send an entire squadron of bombers. Don’t worry, I will not be harmed.” I was not even furious. I was about to go berserk.

Our delegations were somewhat small which lets us talk this through and return to our little quarrel.

The king’s delegation was led by the king himself, also he had a few dukes and his prime minister. My delegation was of me and Elina. The church sent a few priests to assist our negotiation but there were no major powers backing them.

We were sitting on the opposite sides of a table. The clergy was sat away from us and had no way to immediately interfere in case we begin beating each other to death.

“How about we stop this unnecessary war and return to our peaceful lives?” The king began the talk and tried taking the initiative.

“How hypocrite of you, ‘your majesty’. You started this madness to just make us succumb to your rule. You killed your own countrymen just for the sake of self-satisfaction!  Why should we even listen to you? Why shouldn’t I ask her [Fuji] to kill you right here, right now?!” Elina started calmly but soon started shouting.

Shut up, please. I want this to end soon. Stop with adding unnecessary s*.’ I decided to shut her up before this turns into a very bloody mess.

“You are still our servant and hold the title of OUR kingdom. Yet you chose to disobey your liege!” The king started counterattack.

“And why would you think she stopped obeying you?” It was my time to try smoothing Elina’s fail.

“I suggested her to swear her loyalty. She refused and said that she listens to you. And you went missing, so how should we solve the mess you created?” (K)

“Dear delegates, please! Why don’t we spend some time to pray for the peace and take our time to cool our heads and clear our minds?” The priests started their mediation.

We both glared at them and thus reminded them not to interfere into’ big-guys’ quarrel.

“Did you think that I, the master of this land, would just disappear and never return? Why did you start the war a week after my ‘disappearance’?”

So you do not deny that she is loyal to you?” (K)

“She is loyal to her goddess. To me. If you think that the mortals and celestials are similar then feel free to tell the other gods the same.” I already can feel my assured victory.

“YOU ARE NOT A GODDESS!” The clergy started shouting and showing their disapproval of my claims.

“She can be loyal to you but she never even tried being loyal to me!” He ignored them, so did I.

“Do you think that the priests are loyal to you? They also don’t care about you.” Our arguing will go on and on so I decided to try cornering him as much as I can.

“She holds the land that is part of my country, even if she is a priest to your esteemed person, she governs the lands that are within my realm. If you are a goddess now, that doesn’t mean that you were one before. I was only trying to let her choose what she wants. I let her choose if she wants to let go of the land but keep her loyalty to you only, or acknowledge me as sovereign of the duchy she hold but also keep her loyalty to you. Did I make a mistake here?” The king continued his offensive and now he might even corner me.

“You might’ve waited for my return yet you called me dead. You might’ve tried talking this through and negotiating yet you started a war. You might’ve accepted your mistake and beg me for forgiveness yet you chose to do that only after I blazed my guns. You might’ve stopped the war after you made the Elina’s forces withdraw to the fortress which is MY land. You were the one who attacked me and now you tell me that you are not the bad guy here?” I made the comeback.

The argument continued but today’s talks ended with no result.

Who do you think is right?
  • The king's words make sense. Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Fuji said the right thing. Votes: 11 45.8%
  • They are both wrong. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Where is Miko-san? Votes: 12 50.0%
Total voters: 24 · This poll was closed on Oct 17, 2020 06:46 PM.
27