Ch 71. Divine Wind
986 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I launched all of my aircraft and joined them with the ones already airborne.

Currently I have about 122 tons of bombs in the air. If this bastard doesn’t die from this much I might as well eat my own kimono. I shall not promise to eat it, in case the bombing fails.

The entire air armada formed rapidly and headed towards the dragon.

The monster itself was looking to be a tough target. It had a tough-looking hide with many large scales. It walked on four legs and looks like it's capable of short flights with its two wings.


Considering that I know nothing about it, I decided to test out its toughness before the assault. While it may become vigilant towards the air assault, I was sure that it will be better to find its weak spots.

Two flights of D4Y bombers separated from the armada and rushed towards the dragon.

When they reached the bombing point, they flipped and dived at almost 90˚ angle. The bombers accelerated towards the ground and spread out to attack many spots on the dragon’s back.

They were about to drop their bombs but they miscalculated the moment. The bombs were released earlier which greatly affected their accuracy. The beast was not hit by any of the bombs and now that it knew about the aircraft, it prepared to fight back.

The bombers were doing their best to return to the higher altitude, where they should be safe. The dragon’s fire breath was faster. It fully engulfed the planes. When the fire ended, only 8 burning pieces of scrap were seen, all were crashing into the ground.


My airstrike agitated the dragon and it sped up towards the town, the direction the armada comes from. With its current speed it will arrive within an hour but I was still reluctant to accept my tactical defeat.

It was the matter of my pride as a goddess, I should show the people here that I am indeed not a fool who tries to show off but an actually strong person. I was angry that the dragon decided to make me a fool which is why I wanted to stop hitting it only after it is dead for sure.

While I could’ve fired the guns I perfectly understood that they will only irritate the monster. I need to deal with it quickly and ruthlessly. The absolute power I have is the air supremacy.

The armada approached the final waypoint before the bombing. Dive bombers started climbing, torpedo bombers regrouped into a tight box formation. The fighters started a slight dive towards the dragon.

Its huge irises shrinked when it looked at the aircraft coming from above it, right from the direction the sun shined.

Both I and it were not going to yield and turn back. The outcome of our fight will be decided here. I decided that because it will be unforgivable for me to let it approach the town even closer.

The beast started breathing out fire to stop the aircraft from approaching.

The first explosions happened around it, the carpet bombing of the torpedo bombers was successful and dealt a devastating blow to the dragon, now I need to wait when the rest of the aircraft will be done.

RAAAAAA

It was infuriated and rushed out of the smoke and dust, it had almost zero damage.

It breathed out fire and burned the fighters which dared approaching it. The dive bombers were my only hope right now.

When the beast turned its head to burn them as well, it must’ve been surprised that they dived right from above it, at 90˚ angle. They dropped their precious cargo in the last moment, right when they were having the last opportunity to level themselves before it was too late.

RAAAAAAAAWR!

The dragon’s agony was heard everywhere. I was ready to open the champagne, if I had any.


My celebration was stopped when the dust settled. Even after all the bombs it received it was still capable of walking. It slowly stumped towards the town with an enraged glare. I had no actual way to send in more bombers, there was no possibility for all of them to return, reload and get back before the dragon reaches the town.

I sent the Brave New World airstrike with only fighters.

Instead of the expected J7W I saw Zeros, all of them were painted in white with red stripes. They had bombs below their fuselages and the moment they spawned, they rushed towards the dragon.


All planes, prepare to fulfill our duty! Our Divine Master expects that all of you will face the monster with courage and devotion! May none of us return if we fail our task! BANZAI!” The squadron’s leader said inspiring words to his subordinates.

BANZAI!” And they all were eager to show how devoted and brave they are.

The 40 zeros headed straight towards the dragon.

It used its breath to hold back the fighters, to melt them right in the air. It decided to never let any of the irritating mosquitoes return alive. It was almost ready to taste the revenge, to see the despair of its offender and to do that, it needs to survive. The previous mosquitoes climbed whenever they dropped their magical bombs and the dragon was ready to incinerate them right at that moment.

It realized what their plan was when it was too late.

BANZAI!

With a loud war cry all of the zeros rammed into the dragon’s mighty body. That was enough to force it to fall down.

When it came back to its senses it only saw one pitiful ant.

Hello there.” A small beast-kin, thrusting a spear.

The thrusting spear was the last thing the Ancient saw before its death.

24