Ch 73. Meeting the royal guests
915 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I exited the town hall I saw three people, all of them were my old acquaintances.

“Why are you here? Lacking money, ‘your highnesses’?” Toxicity of my words was too evident.

“When I first heard about someone who stopped a dragon with an unknown magic, I was sure it will be you. Long time no see, Fuji.” Drake ignored my toxic speech and smiled at me.

“I understand why you’re not happy to see us but give us a chance, we really need to talk. It is about the reason the damned monsters showed up everywhere.” Marin, the archer, was a bit hurt by my reaction.

“Miss Fuji, even if you’re angry, we are still happy to see you.” Lily waved at me and tried approaching me.

WOOAH!” I was not angry.

C-Can you please douse this fire?!” I AM DEFINITELY NOT ANGRY.

“Come on, Lily, can’t you just douse a fire?” Drake tried encouraging her.

“I CAN’T!” She was scared, I wonder why?

I doused the foxfire only after she returned to the other ‘Blackstones’

 “You have 10 words to tell me everything.” After some thinking I decided to let them say what they wanted.

“The demons started their attack. They want to kill humans.” Drake managed to keep up with my demand.

“I already saw many demons, why do you think that something has changed?” I wondered what they actually want from me, because I killed many packs of monsters here, some of them had demon hounds and other weird creatures. Not to mention that the demon hounds always wanted to kill the people around, I was just wondering why they were coordinated.

[Wait a second… Does this mean that there are more intelligent demons who are trying to attack the humanity? Like in those novels? There should be a demon king, a bunch of demon generals, and a great army of evil?]

My eyes must’ve shined when I thought that all the clichés were fulfilled.

“Fuji, I think you’re weird. Why do you act like this after hearing that there are demons around here?” Marin made a few steps back.

“I might be happy with it. I am a demon after all.” I showed my tails and teased them.

“First I thought you are a super warrior, then you were told to be a goddess, now you are a demon? Can you tell us what you are?” Drake was starting to become nervous.

“I am a goddess, though does it make me less demon?” I mischievously smiled and turned around a couple of times.

“Can you, as the goddess, help us? We need your help in this war.” (L)

“Why should I? Your daddy did many bad things. Also, why do you think I can make a difference? I might be a charlatan.”

“I don’t know what you are in the reality but I know what you are for us, for all the humanity. You might be our only salvation. If we will have a goddess, or whoever you are, at our side then we will win.” Lily was trembling and after her words she fell on her knees.

Sister! What are you doing?!” (D)

You can hate us, you can despise us, all of the humans. I am not asking to help our kingdom! MAY IT BURN IN ASHES IF YOU WANT! I beg you to save the humanity. Please, if you are truly as merciful as you appear to be, help us!” She was in the middle of hysteric. While Drake and Marin were trying to stop her I was looking at it… without a hint of emotion. I didn’t feel like caring, which was as terrifying for them as it was disgusting for me. I want to know what happened and then I might make a choice.

“Follow me.” I turned around and walked back to the town hall. The ‘Blackstone’ had no way but to follow.


I sat at a conference table, Drake, Lily and Marin also sat at the table.

“What happened, who fights against whom?” I can both refuse them any help, or decide to lend my strength. They are the ones who can tip the scales.

“The demons started an attack against all human nations which bordered their lands. There are many casualties and this region was so lucky to survive because you are here. I heard that an ancient dragon attacked. Your location was attacked by a single huge monster, instead of an army.” (D)

“There was some kind of a demon nation? Why would you settle close enough to let them sneak so close? Who leads them, where they come from?”

“Yes, there is a demon kingdom. Previously the demon kings were peaceful enough and rarely attacked. Some kingdoms even traded with them. Their current demon king was not showing any signs of aggression but recently there were many times when an unknown force attacked the villages and towns near the border. On our way here we saw a town, completely devastated. It is somewhat close to this one.” After Drake’s explanation I started getting the idea about what happened.

“The other lands were attacked by demon armies, which mercilessly slaughtered everyone. Will you help us? Will you? Please!” Lily was not done with her hysteric behavior.

While I was thinking about what to respond I heard someone rushing to the room, again.

Kakka! There was a messenger with a letter!” Déjà vu.

I took the letter and started reading it, I did not forget to pat the miko who was running too much today.

Is it nice to see the old friends?
  • Nice to see them! Votes: 7 53.8%
  • They are making me angry too. Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I want to be there instead of Kasumi. Votes: 5 38.5%
Total voters: 13 · This poll was closed on Oct 21, 2020 03:14 PM.
20