Ch 80. The Unity and a goddess’ decision
953 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My undercover talks did not attract more attention than a few actual alliances between the actual kings. That was enough for me and soon I was done with building a small group of partisans which will try to guide the flow in the upcoming conference towards the best outcome.

The conference will be in the open air. There were small canopies placed on a large field nearby. A lot of servants from all of the rulers were carrying chairs and other furniture to the places their lieges will sit at. The blue blood will sit in ornamented chairs, with the best wine and food ready to be consumed, near the other rulers who also want to show off how rich and strong they are. My own sitting place is a lot of pillows we sto… I mean requisitioned without asking. No canopy, no wine and no servants aside from what I have…

When the rulers actually gathered for the first conference, it was opened with an impressive and motivating speech by the Light priests. The priests called for the peace and prosperity for the humankind, for mending all of the hostilities and for uniting the strength of the humanity. The day the conference began was the beginning of a great, deafening arguement.

WHY SHOULD WE LET YOUR GENERALS LEAD OUR ARMY?!

NO WAY IN HELL! WE WILL NEVER ALLOW YOU TO HIRE OUR SMITHS!

DON’T MAKE ME LAUGH, YOUR CRAVENS HAVE NO VALUE FOR ANY ARMY IN THE WORLD!

I just sat by myself, further from the arguing kings. Soon, the emperor of Gru joined me and sat down on the ground near my pillows.

“I heard about your divine abilities, could you please…?” (F)

“Why should I? Let them argue.”

“The reason is that my head starts to ache from their shouting.” (F)

If this is for my friend~…

[Silence.]

And the arguing kids were silenced at once. I prepared to raise my voice.

You, a bunch of loud children, We are not amused. We will let you think about what you did wrong, in silence. If by the time We return We find any signs of arguing…” I waved my index finger and turned around. I walked away from the place. The official cause is to let the heated debate calm down. The real cause is…

VROOOM

I sent out my scouts to search the area around. I wanted to find where are my own forces, which should arrive soon.


By the time I returned, the conference was going well, in a perfect silence. The delegates were gesturing amongst themselves in small groups. They managed to divide into groups of interests and were already making a steady progress.

[You can talk.]

The first few minutes the rulers were continuing gesturing without understanding that I dispelled the silence. After one of them said a word… Their faces, they are so funny!

The conference already was well-tuned and the delegates managed to reach a few agreements so after the words were returned, the progress became evident. The small groups were becoming bigger, they were discussing and reaching more and more concrete proposals.

“It was a good choice to let them begin with a silent treatment.” I was proud with myself.

While the conference was steadily making progress towards the unification of the human military strength, I found my own army which approached the area. I am sure that by the evening they will already set up their tents. What I actually found interesting was a large army which also has the same destination. A large demon army will try attacking the conference and the majority of human army. I think this means that today I have to make the decision.

I left the conference and covered a few kilometers before I summoned the deck. The maids were taken with me because I wanted to find out if their flight can be launched from the shipgirl deck.

I crowded the deck with the aircraft. All fuel tanks were filled, all guns and bombs were loaded. The aircraft were ready for sortie. The first to take off will be the maids.

The small jets were hooked to the catapults, their canopies were opened. My maids turned into the lights and taken their places in the cockpits of their respective planes. In the end I found out that they can easily operate even from my gear.

After I launched all of the planes I returned. The conference was concluded and the rulers agreed to cast aside their arguing until the demons are dealt with. The human coalition was forged. Now I have to announce what I will do.

My army was already within the sight. Its march has attracted the conference’s attention. A minute later a large group of aircraft in echelon formations showed in the air.

A demon army, a human army and my army; they all are here and my choice can tip the balance of power to any side with one bombing run.

The planes entered a slight descent.

Listen, kings and dukes of the mankind. I am Fuji, and I…

The novel entered top 200. Yay, +10 to motivation. Work keeps piling up, -20 to motivation.

Which side should Fuji choose?
  • Fuji is originally a demon, it is only natural for her to side with the Demon King. Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Fuji spends most of her time with the humans, she should join their coalition. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • She is the goddess, she can just subjugate them all. (Chances of receiving a boon from her superior) Votes: 17 85.0%
  • She has no use of this war, she should remain neutral. (Chances of being punished by her superior) Votes: 2 10.0%
Total voters: 20 · This poll was closed on Oct 29, 2020 08:57 AM.
20