Ch 85. Bright fire solves everything
785 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even if the night was tense, we had to move out in the morning. I barely had an hour to take a nap so I decided to use it to the best. When the first shades of crimson showed up, I ordered the remaining planes to keep waving their wings until I’m done sleeping. If they have no fuel left, then it is their issue.

The moment I entered my tent I fell down into a hay pile I had to use as my cushion. Nobody was allowed in and that meant I don’t have to stay half-awake until my companions fluff me.

My bioclock rang the moment we were supposed to head out and I reluctantly crawled out of the tent with closed eyes. I bumped into someone, then into someone else.

“Can’t you like step aside?”

“Fuji, can you like wake up? You are the one commanding the army.” Elina was the first living being I met this morning.

Ding, ding, ding

“What is she doing?” Also I heard Lily.

“I don’t know, she can’t speak our language yet.” (E)

Ding, ding, ding

The noise of bells was irritating but I am yet to open the eyes. I tried hitting the noise-maker and the ringing intensified.

Ding, ding, ding!

I barely opened the eyes to kick whoever was producing the hellish sound and saw Kasumi who danced and jumped around me with her miko trinkets.

Kakka! You woke up! Thank Gods, I thought I will never exorcise the evil spirits that possessed you! Auuuu! Ay feeks! [My cheeks!]” (K)

I am impressed…

“You’ll get used to this, she is different when she is just being herself.”

While I was punishing the noisy miko, Elina and Lily began their own girl talks. I wonder if Elina was the one responsible for Rin’s weird behavior, and I fear that Lily will become even weirder than the previous bunch.


The army was already on the march and all I had to do was to redirect it towards the new destination. I sent out the scouts and a few bombers to carpet bomb anything hostile on the way. With the army’s current speed we are supposed to reach the prince’s path in 5-6 hours. When we will be near the route I will send out the scouts which will pinpoint the exact location and that is when the fun begins…

While I prepared my masterpiece of a plan, the girls kept touching my tails.

You sure we did not mistake?

See for yourself, there can be no mistake.

No, no! Girls, look, they are exactly like they were before.

[Just why can’t they focus on something but my tails?]

As I said, there can be no mistake, she just did not bother with what happened.

Yes… you’re right…

Now I see as well.

Master is always exciting us!

When they finally stopped their arguing I was lifted up and sat in Elina’s arms.

Hoooo! She is just like a little doll! Sooo cute!

I wonder how can she keep this expressionless face for so long.

Does it even matter?

[I know I can be patient when it is required but I have my limits. Can’t they see that I am kinda busy?]

Kasumi stood further away from the circus I was trapped in. She was looking at the other girls with disgust, she was not used to the amount of worship my tails received so I can understand her. I gestured her to come closer.

Can you tell why they are so agitated?

W-well, they think that… [looks at the tails] when was the last time you looked at them?” (K)

Why do I need to look at them? They are a part of me, I perfectly know what is going on with them.” To prove it I spread out my tails like a peacock. Then the cogs in my brain started working.

After I summed two and two I understood that the result is not four. I turned my head towards the tails and recounted them.

Okay, can anybody tell me why there are 5?” My question dumbfounded everyone around.

“And how are we supposed to know this, you little peacock?” Elina was outraged by my statement.

What is going on…?” Lily was looking like she completely lost the chain of events. If this was an anime, she would have spirals instead of her eyes.

Girls, can’t we just accept that this how our Master does everything…” Grace just embraced the reality and tried to take Willow out of the tails.

“Am I dreaming? Fuji, are you alright, are you ill?” Elina said it with a feigned worry.

What now? What is going not like you expected?” I was getting too tired of this.

“It’s been an entire minute since you discovered your new tail and you are yet to burn something!” (E)

[I wonder if she sees me as a retard.]

Just for the sake of her amusement I lit the foxfire. This time it was much more powerful. I might even consider the combat use of the foxfire.

Are you satisfied?

With this I jumped out of her arms and ran towards the head of the army column.

18