Ch 89. Agents of the darkness
1.3k 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes were focused on the aircraft until they left my sight. From there on they were tracked only with the radar and radio.

I did not make rash decisions this time and did not focus on the air alone. I made sure that there is a screening army which will be used to keep the demons busy if my aircraft will not be able to destroy the enemy army before it arrives here.

My current defense force consists of 3 regiments sent here by different countries under my control. I estimated the enemy force to be about 15 regiments. So, 15000 demons against my bunch of vagrants. I can already guess what will happen if the aircraft fail to eliminate the enemy.

Forty minutes later the aircraft began to form the attack order. Two flights of dive bombers with cluster bombs will break the magic shield, then the rest of them will dive in to bomb high-value targets. The torpedo bombers will follow to… Wait a moment? What is going on down there?!

I looked down from my command post at the highest level of the palace and saw a brawl right in the middle of the army position. When I took a closer look through a scope I found out that one of the regiments began fighting the other two. When I mean that they are fighting, I mean they are killing each other.

I have a battle going on right in the middle of my defensive formation. I can’t recall the aircraft because they will need almost an hour to just get back here. I can’t fire the guns because the multilayer fortification I built is not letting the carrier open fire from its position. To change its position I need to spend a lot of time: turn, move, make sure a lot of things are taken into consideration, and only then I can open fire. Neither can I summon the gear to open fire from my position. Due to the circumstances I sent a lot of people to test out what is going on with the armored deck, which was upgraded previously. I needed to check the wear of my flight deck’s covering and if there is a need to replace some of the details. Because even a medieval smith can check such details I did not bother to do that myself and sent people who know how the metal parts should look. Now I am a hostage to those circumstances which piled up into a mess.

I can only look at what is going on down below.

The fight started when I had to make the final corrections to my battle plan of airstrike. I have no way of going there myself for a melee fight, I decided not to rush the airstrike and do everything properly.


The shield breakers began their assault, this time the demons were prepared for that and wyvern riders greeted the bombers. Of course, they were not able to stop the diving comets and the bombers successfully delivered their cargo down to the shield. The shield was barely holding after the cluster bombs but it was still there. I had to postpone the bombing and the armada set course for the backup route.

I had to risk my dive bombers and sent them to gun the shield in hopes of breaking it. Two echelon formations lined up for the gun run. The bombers fired everything they got: two light machine guns each. After a rain of bullets the shield finally broke. I guess its secret is that it can stop anything, as long as there are not too many attacks for its regeneration. And after a few tries everyone in this world decides to use the strongest weapons to break through, which does mean nothing to this shield while I created such an amount of attacks that the shield could not stop all of them and thus turned off.

With the shield out of commission I decided to slightly change my plans of the attack. The situation nearby was quickly getting out of hand. The traitors were winning and the other two regiments were about to be destroyed.

I had to switch between monitoring the situation on the ground and in the air. I could not assist my ground forces like that which is why I need to hurry up, and after that thought I realized that I have a way of speeding up the resolution.

[I think this is indeed a good time to test out this ability.]

Is this all you’ve got? Now it is the time for you to face the despair!

Skill activated

Announcement
Finally I finished the great AL pilgrimage. I am so happy that I will post even two chapters today.
14