‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 26.
637 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The best reward

My companions spent the past few days touring the capital with me. It was not surprising that after the intense activities we had they decided to take some time for themselves. Like that I ended up in the inn and was reading this world’s novels in silence.

I was engrossed with the books and barely avoided embarrassing myself when somebody knocked the door. It would be so shameful of me to ignore a guest or an employee.

When I opened the door I saw the king who was standing at the doorstep without any escort.

“A little birdie told me that you are being bored here, would you like to accompany me?” The king was coquettish today but considering that I am indeed not doing anything noteworthy I agreed.

I was invited to join the king for a dinner in one of the capital’s most luxurious restaurants where only the richest of nobles can eat. While without any details it would surely sound like an overt flirting, the action itself was as casual as it can be. We were having a simple lunch and discussed the recent events, the same things I did at the royal tea parties with my friends and big sister.

When we finished the dishes I curiously looked at the king who raised his hand to summon a waiter. A minute later I was served a teapot with pretty porcelain cups.

“This is your reward. I heard that the sword was not suitable to your taste...” Judging by the king’s gentle smile this was just to please me.

“Oh my, oh my, oh my~!

I sipped the tea and the flavour reminded me of eastern tea I had a pleasure drinking.

While I was futilely holding back my smile a person approached the king.

‘Your Majesty, the situation is developing. Your presence is requested.’

“It was my honor having a tea in your company. I understand that you have an urgent matter to attend to. Farewell.” I thanked the king and he left.


Only a few minutes later did this foolish battlecruiser remember that she has no money and can’t pay for the dinner she had. Only a pure coincidence of her well-known prince passing by saved her from a lot of troubles.

10