Ch 97. Subjugating the demon king
629 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I decided to pay a not-so-friendly visit to the demon king. I split away from the army and Elina and took the maids to accompany me in this doubtfully dangerous endeavor.

As I was not bound by human speed of walking I packed the lights inside the kimono and used my plane taxi.

To show a somewhat friendly nature of this visit I ordered the comet to switch on its navigation lights and fly at a comfortable altitude of 1 kilometer where wyverns are barely able to fly. Soon we were intercepted by a couple of wyvern riders. They were not openly hostile which is why I let them catch up. Of course if they show any signs… Well, the comet has a machine gun aimed at them, one of the reasons there were no bomber losses from wyvern attacks.


When we arrived to the demon castle the plane descended and slowed down which was enough to safely jump off. While I was falling down I even sensed how the fairies trembled.

As I made the landfall my vision was blocked by a cloud of dust. Right after the dust settled I found myself surrounded by all kinds of demons. Neither of them was approaching me and even though they had their weapons at ready they were looking at me nervously. As if they were not terrifying beings called demons but mice surrounding a fox. I stood up and straightened my back.

“What a warm greeting I’ve got. Out of my way.” And they scattered around and hid as vermin are supposed to. Only trembling eyes could be seen around me.

I released the fairies and proceeded to the demon king’s front door. The fact that no one dared stopping me was a bit disappointing because I actually wanted to cause a scene. I left the girls outside just in case something happens to me.

Instead of wandering around and examining every centimeter of the castle I headed straight towards the throne room, where I suspect it is.

First I walked into a laundry room, then I found trea… I mean a conveniently placed room with empty shelves and chests.

Ding

[Go away.]


I continued wandering around and walking into random rooms. I was about to start making doors myself when I finally found a door with a large sign above it: ‘Just please, walk into here’.

While I hoped that there will be some loot I only found an unopened loot container called demon king. It (?) was sitting on its throne in the so-called thinking pose. It did not raise its head and was just mumbling something.

Because it did not pay any attention I started examining the room to search if there are any traps.

For the Darkness’ sake, you already stole half of my treasury, can you stop loitering around every chest in this room?” And here comes my scene.

Impudence! Who let you talk back?” Just a bit more and I can pretend I was not the one who started it.

“You and I are both busy so let us talk business already.”(DK)

“Fine, is there any way to…” I shrugged my shoulders and showed the cloth ball.

“There is not. If you think that I can resurrect the dead then try it yourself. Oh, right…~” He (?) broadly smiled at me and judging by his tone he is mocking me.

[It is time to punish him. On your knees!]

Nothing happened. I tried again and again but nothing happened to the demon king.

“What's up? Something went wrong? I tried to be a good host, I did not even do anything while you were causing troubles to my entire domain. I closed my eyes at your rude behavior in my own home. I tried talking to you properly, without being rude. Yet, there is a limit to my tolerance. Right now you can do nothing to me, I kindly suggest you withdraw with your tails between your legs, unless you want to be carried out in a coffin.” (DK)

Instead of answering I charged at him. I used both the naginata and 127 mm guns. I both pierced him with the blade and fired from point-blank.

“Well, I gave you a chance.” When I looked through the smoke I saw that he grabbed the blade with two fingers and was holding me in the air. The shells were also caught by him and were placed in his other hand.

I nervously smiled because I knew, I’m screwed.

Shriek

I was launched into a wall, the demon king hit me with his sword, it was just a blunt hit but I feel like I lost half of my HP.

“What’s up, ‘goddess’? Did your powers go away? Or you cannot deal with a ‘mere’ demon king?” He continued mocking me.

“Judging by your dumbfounded look you expected that everything will go your way, right? Let me tell you one little thing before I crush you like a bug. You were doomed the moment you opposed the Gods. You are a mortal who dared opposing the immortals and now you are paying for your arrogance.” He was so full of himself that I only wanted to punch him. The only problem is that he will really kill me the moment I approach.

“Looks like you are not going to move.” He smirked.

“Then it is time to cut some of your tails.” And appeared right in front of me.

When I already closed my eyes and prepared to receive a lethal hit I heard something unexpected.

A sound of flute.

10