‘Oh my, is that a side story?’ No 28.
660 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Search and aim

I arrived at the port once again. While my companions were as reluctant as always they let me go by myself. For now they headed to the king to discuss something.

I chose a position on the waterfront and deployed the guns. Immediately all of the ships oared or sailed out of my line of fire.

Right after I was done preparing I launched both of my hydroplanes. They were sent in different directions: 11 and 1 o’clock.

While I was waiting for a target bearing I checked the guns, the systems and the radar.

A minute later one of the planes spotted something on the horizon. The plane approached and saw a huge crab-like creature. I immediately sent the other plane to assist. The creature I will be fighting looks huge, I think it is more than 1000 feet long. Its current speed is around 15 knots. Range…

BOOM BOOM

Looks at the clock

1 minute later.

[Aaaand… Splash!]

The shells barely reached the target, the crab thing is more than 22 miles away. I considered holding fire until it is closer.

When the creature approached 20 miles mark I fired ranging shots.

BOOM BOOM

And a couple of shots to estimate its bearing.

BOOM BOOM

After I found the estimations acceptable I fired full broadside.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

5 shots hit their target but the hydroplanes did not confirm damage.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

7 hits, … no damage?

I decided to open continuous fire.

BOOM

BOOM

BOOM

BOOM

I was confused: even if my shots hit the crab, even if the planes confirmed explosion, the creature remains unharmed.

I prepared for a rapid broadside.

BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM

Requiem

BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM

The majority of my shots hit, yet no damage to the target. This is going to be bad.


Target is 29800 meters away from the capital.

P.S.: Delight has a preference for three ways to fire: Broadside, Fast broadside and Continuous fire.

Her normal broadside is fired one turret at a time with a short delay between each gun and larger delay between each turret. F(ire) – 0.1s – F – 0.5s – F – 0.1 – F – 0.5s – etc.

Fast broadside has 0.1s delay between each gun and turret. F(ire) – 0.1s – F – 0.1s – F – etc.

Continuous fire mode has enough delay to allow continuous fire. By the time the last of 8 guns fires, the first gun is ready to fire. F(ire) – 1s – F – 4s – F – 1s – F – 4s – etc.

7