V2 Ch 9. Searching a new way out
453 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a complete mystery how the damned gorilla made it through the swamp earlier than we did, earlier than me who steamed at 30+ knots. My brain just couldn’t process it.

Xera, how is it possible?” Lilith also was confused.

“If you did think with your empty heads, you might’ve saw that there is a road nearby.” Bulls*, I am sure that we steamed in ONE direction without turning, and I am sure that even if she ran, even if she flew, she couldn’t have arrived faster than we did.

“Check it yourself.” She shrugged her shoulders. I did go the way she showed, and oh f*, there is a road. Now the question is how.

“Xera, why don’t you explain it PROPERLY?” Lilith was as convinced as was I and thus she began shaking the badmouth liar.

“Fine… Milady, do you remember that you gave me some reward for my hard work? I spent it to buy a scroll, I bought a random scroll but I received one with teleportation.” Cheater.

“Cheater.” Lilith has the same opinion as me. Considering that we have no other things to do I changed the topic.

“Is everyone alright? Can you continue going? We should hurry and find an open space before the night.” I did not feel tired but I should mind the others.

“I’m fine.” (X)

I did not ask you.

Wanna continue from where we ended?!” She showed her fists.

“I am a bit tired… Miss Delight, can you carry me like you did before? You are warmer than…” She gave her knight a meaningful look. The trust she shows me truly made me smile.

“Don’t be too happy, Lady just doesn’t want you to feel useless.” (X)

I picked up Lilith but instead of lying in my arms and being princess-carried around she hugged my neck which made four planets collide and form an exciting new something.

“Milady, do you not see this pervert’s face? She gives me creeps just by standing there. I think you better not to approach her.” I was already at my limit.

“What is it, Xera? You are jealous that she is much more feminine than you are?” Lilith retributed in my stead. This round is mine.


I walked forward with a girl in my hands. I wonder why I don’t feel anything. If I was to carry a cute girl in my arms, and if I was in direct contact with such big breasts, I would’ve died of nosebleed. Perhaps I became girl even in my heart? But when?

Xera was not interfering so I had no further quarrel with her. I only should concentrate on the road.

Hey, do you hate her?” Lilith murmured something.

“I wonder why this person is so rude.”

“Yeah, you are really angry. She is not that bad, she is just overprotective.” (L)

“She keeps fighting me, I don’t see overprotective here. I too have my limits.”

“I’ll talk to her, she should stop acting like that.” (L)

I did not answer her anything and just continued walking.


The night is approaching and I can feel an eerie presence. I wonder if it will be alright if we stay in the forest. I want to send a hydroplane but I doubt that I can explain it.

We did not walk into a road by the nightfall and now we had to set up a campfire in a complete darkness. I was whistling while the girls were trying to ignite a bird nest. I don’t whistle just for the sake of amusement. It should scare off some fauna.

The girls managed to ignite a fire but I still doubt that it will be enough to scare off anything. I volunteered to guard them because I am not tired. When they fell asleep and stopped being on alert I lit up spotlights. Unlike a puny campfire they made, these spotlights easily break through the dense vegetation of the forest. I only needed to move the beams around to scare away any threats.

The night was passing uneventfully, whenever animals tried approaching I scared them away by lighting up their whereabouts. Soon the sun will rise and we will continue going somewhere. I think that the girls should now be fine so I walked away.

For some time I heard a sound of water and I decided to check out what is there. When I walked out to a coast I confirmed that there is a small river. Well, small is a word for a 70 meter wide river. Why do I need it?

‘wwwwwWRRRRRUUUU

A scout plane managed to take off without a catapult. I decided not to risk launching it myself and used the river as an airstrip.

For some time the plane did not spot anything but trees so I tried sending it in other directions. Again and again, there was nothing. In a couple of hours the sun will rise but I still was yet to find a road. I ordered the hydroplane to return and land.

Even on its way back the plane found nothing but trees. The plane already approached the river and started descending. It touched the water and began slowing down.

The plane overshot and after it landed it had to swim back to me. When it stopped near me it became small and I picked it up.

With the recon finished I hurried to return. By the time I returned the others have woken up.

Where have you been?” Lilith was looking at me with contempt but for now I should report the discovery.

“I scouted a bit but I found no roads nearby. Do you have any ideas where can we go?”

“If there was a river nearby we’d go down the current and walk into a village.” When Xera said that I felt like an idiot.

Follow me…” I looked at them and with shame reported about the river.

8