V2 Ch 17. Calculated risk with uncalculated consequences
479 41 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I drank two cups of herbal tea I calmed down. Only then I realized.

[I f* up.]

I was going to silently gather rumors and then find the location of slavers but I already must’ve warned every living being of my existence, and if that guy I talked to decides to tell anybody…

Sir, two more cups… whisky.”

Miss Delight, are you perhaps… royal?’ Lilith whispered in my ear.

“I assure you I am not.” I don’t want her to have even more misunderstandings.

“Here is some infusion, milady.” The waiter managed to calm down as well and was now serving me another teapot of herbal tea.

[I wanted whisky, damn it!]

I wonder if I spent all of the remaining money the girls had but looking at their calmed faces I can guess they do not regret it.

While I was drinking, Xera found an inn and spent our last money to book a room. It was just a shabby inn somewhere in the slums, the employees were gloomy and were looking at me like I was a money bag. Considering this inn’s location it was not hard to find a cheap vacant room and book it for a night. The next morning we left this crappy place.


I was simply walking around a marketplace and looking for what I can find. From time to time my dear companions dragged me away from interesting items which are a clear fraud.

“Miss Delight! Please, please, please! Do not bother looking at this garbage, those items are clearly not worth anything!” (L)

“My Lady, she is too retarded to understand that those are not genuine.” (X)

Who are you to order me around? Pretend that we are travellers and stop pestering me. My Father will not care what I buy.” I sounded like I was scolding them with my villainess tone. I winked them and Lilith demonstratively nodded and pushed Xera’s head to nod as well. While the second part was said quietly I have a feeling that it was well heard by some people and if I am right then the news of a stupid noble buying garbage will soon spread.

I want to try attracting attention to myself. Either the slavers will think that I am stupidly rich and can buy their ‘special offers’, or they will think I am an easy target and they will try to kidnap me.

For now I continued looking around the market.


When I approached yet another clearly shady stand, I heard someone discussing a ‘very interesting and exotic goods for the chosen few’. I split from the girls and sneaked there. There were two men discussing something. They were quiet enough to make me approach yet they were loud enough for me to hear some details which were emphasized to get my attention.

“Kyle, I think we were heard. Let’s head somewhere else, I don’t want to let common rabble hear this info.” They were clearly trying to lead me somewhere. Whenever I was about to lose them they suddenly stood and pretended to have a small talk and by the time I was close they continued walking.

Soon I found myself in front of a tavern, filled with drunk people. One of the men led the other inside the tavern. I risked and approached.

I walked to the counter and ordered some cheap brew. After the third cup a man approached me. He was one of the two I followed.

“Are you having a nice time, Miss?” I pretended I have nothing to do with him. When he tried touching my hand I slapped his away and looked at him like at garbage.

“What does a pretty lady like you do in this shabby place? How about I buy you a drink~?” He continued hitting on me yet I kept on ignoring his moves.

“How about some… whisky?” [Now that is an interesting offer.]

“Pssst, ‘this is not the best place for it, go to “Merry maul” and ask for a room in the attic. You’d love the exotic stuff there’.” He put a hand on my shoulder and after giving the bartender a silver he walked out.

Right after I finished the murky water they call alcohol I headed back to the marketplace where I saw two girls waiting for me. Both of them were looking at me with bloodlust.

Oh my~…

Don’t you f*ing ‘oh my’ me. Where the hell you were?!” It would not be surprising to say that it was Xera.

“Miss Delight, do you even realize how worried we were?! We were running around the entire town searching for you! We were ready to go to the guards and report you were kidnapped!” (L)

[‘We were’?]

What’cha looking at? Eyes down and kneel for making milady worried.” (X)

“It was a calculated risk.”

We will talk about it later~. Now, let’s go to the room we booked while you were wandering around and having fun.” I felt chills just from her sweet voice.

I really have to apologize…

4