V2 Ch 27. An unexpected discovery
368 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three suspicious figures walked out of the inn.

They silently headed to a back street and dashed towards the town’s gatehouse which was still in ruins after a recent magic explosion.

The gatehouse was guarded by a large number of people but occasionally some people were passing through it even though it was midnight.

“So, what is the plan?” (L)

“We might distract them or hope they won’t recognize us.” (X)

“I will go to the other side of the town and make my distraction. I just hope you will wait for me…” I checked the guns, just in case, and rushed to the planned firing position.

I almost walked into a patrol but I hid before they could spot me. I bypassed the first patrol and was not found by the second. After I was past the third patrol I found myself near the position and deployed the 12 inch boomsticks.

BOOM

I chose the position where I will not cause collateral damage by firing even with my low angles. There were a couple of sheds destroyed in the process but other than that I consider it a success. The guards rushed here immediately and soon swarmed the firing position. By that time I was near the girls and we headed towards the gatehouse.

I was not surprised to find that not all of the guards ran to the distraction so I prepared to do what I can: talk.

“Where are you three going?” (G)

“We were here with the adventurers guild’s business and now that we are done we headed to another town.” And…

Yeah, right. Did you not hear the explosion there? Do you think I would just let you go in times like these?” (G)

“We are going exactly because of this. This town is not safe so we have no other way but to leave. I hope you understand that I have my duty protecting this cute little girl.” I showed him cute and little but-not-in-all-places girl.

“Listen, Miss, I am not blind, she is not that ‘little’, do you see the… erhm… So what I am saying is that why would you need to protect her?” The guard was somewhat confused so I continued bulls* my way through.

“My good sir, if you would judge a lady’s age by her bosom, wouldn’t that make her [Xera] a child? Would that not make me younger than my cute little niece?”

“Are you done? I have other things to do, go away!” Failure…

“Come on, sir, just let us pass and we’ll have no need to keep occupying each other’s time.”

Tch. To hell with you. GO.Damned women.’ (G)

After we were far away from the town I was pushed from behind.

“If you were not so irritating the guard would not let us through. This is a compliment.” Xera sarcastically smiled at me but I have a good response.

“Perhaps he wouldn’t let us through if you opened your mouth~. I should express you my gratitude.” I performed a curtsy and smiled with my most angelic smile.

GO TO HELL!” Xera stomped and walked forward. I immediately felt a glare.

“I understand why she would always act like this but why are you acting like a child? This is so foolish of both of you.” Lilith crossed her arms and looked at me with condemnation.

“Fine, fine, I am guilty. Let us hurry and get rid of the child.” Which was crying whenever it was not in my hands.


On our way we were ambushed by goblins. My long range weaponry did not hit any of them so the fight soon became a slaughter. With a foul mouth knight and beautiful lady fighting, the goblins were turned into spaghetti.

“Lilith, does the guild still accept materials even if you are not a member?”

No, only members can sell them…” She was as disappointed as was I. During our travel we could’ve accumulated so many materials that I could’ve bought a few upgrade points.

When we were near the village where we got the orc quest, I saw a figure in the distance. I did not dare launching hydroplanes so only half an hour later we approached close enough to recognize an orc. This one did not attack and with its hands raised it approached us.

Orc, greet human. Human follow.” It read the greeting from a paper and walked somewhere.

A few hours later our silent green guide led us to the orc settlement, the one that was not hit successfully during the fight.

The orc chieftain met me immediately. The others were kept at the entrance.

Thank you, war sprite. Gurultan safe. Me ready to reward.” While I was considering what I can get a bold idea crossed my mind.

“How about we two have a spar? I would like to know how strong you are.” He nodded.

Before start. Me invite war sprite drink.” Now I was the one nodding.

A minute later two orcs brought a table and two crudely made stools.

When the drinks were brought I sensed something weird with them. The drinks were murky and quite surely not the most refined but I knew one thing about them.

IT IS TEA!

6