V2 Ch 28. Tea brawl
402 14 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was both delighted and terrified to see this drink. It is both a fragrant and refined tea, and murky vomit-inducing goo.

Can I ask what this is…?” I forced a smile to my stiffened face.

Good drink, make strong.

“Might I know where you got it from?”

Me not tell, forbidden.

“Oh my, now I have a good idea what to ask for as my reward. If I win the fight, will you tell me where you got it from?”

Yes.” The chief emptied his ‘cup’ in one go and waited for me.

[This is tea! I must drink it!

NO! STUPID! DON’T DRINK IT!

But it is tea!

NO! YOU’LL DIE!

But…!

Please! For the love of God! Don’t drink it!]

I was torn apart by the exciting future I have in front of me…

Gulp

[Oh s*, here we go…]

Sip, sip, sip

The ‘tea’ tasted like it looked but I am still alive. For now…

Ha-ha! Brave!” The orc was applauding in admiration.

Let us fight before I pass out…” I stood up and headed to a field, the orc chieftain followed me.

We took position in 10 steps away from each other. I grabbed the stiletto while my opponent grabbed a huge mace made of a solid bone.

“Ready when you are.” I notified the ‘judge’ and in a moment he swung his arm.

PING

I did not even notice that the orc moved but I was hit in the stomach. He withdrew before I managed to regain composure and counterattack. Right when I was about to leap at him, I was hit in the back. This time I turned around and with a flash-fast strike hit his shoulder.

We immediately broke the contact.

“Are you fine?” I had to express some concern because this is a mock fight.

Fight and pain make orc strong. Me thank war sprite.

CLANG

I parried his attack and was about to hit him again but now it was his time to block me.

We continued exchanging pleasantries but for some time we could not find any openings. It all changed in one moment when I saw a chance and grazed the orc. As the fight continued I was gaining the upper hand. When I was about to strike again the chieftain raised his hand and exclaimed.

Me fight with full strength. War sprite, not hold back!” He was agitated so I decided to show him what he wants.

6 small boxes turned at him and fired.

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang

I fired all 6 secondaries and scored a hit. The chieftain was thrown back by a dummy shell.

“Should I take it as a win?” I gave him my hand.

Strong enemy, strong orc!” He happily accepted my help.


I supported him to the hut where he lives. The orc medic showed up fast and started quite a peculiar treatment to the chief’s broken arm.

“Now, about my reward~.” I smiled and prepared to listen.

Human carry drink. Orc not like human. Human pay orc drink, orc let human pass. Human carry drink rare, 2 suns future next carry. Me give war sprite guide. Fare well.

“Fare thee well~.” Now it was my opportunity to obtain some tea. I should just get myself some tons of tea for the future, I am sure I have enough space in the storage.

As I walked outside I was met by the girls.

“So, what are you planning now?” Lilith was curious to find what my next move is but I only putted a finger to my mouth.

“Not bad, not bad at all. You even were close to winning against that orc. I might say you are capable of fighting goblins by yourself.” (X)
Oh my~, I am so glad to be acknowledged by a capable man.” I grinned at how her expression changed in an instant.

“Hey, now you are being mean to me. If you didn’t know, it is the first time I ever praised anyone but My Lady.” When I paid attention to Xera I saw that she was really offended this time. To avoid Lilith’s scolding I decided to apologize.

“Sorry, I was wrong. However, I would like to know if you are really going to follow me. I mean… I am about to go and rob somebody, not to mention that we are no longer bound by anything and are free to go.”

Hey, dumba*, do you remember who spent ALL of our money?” Not me, not me!

Stop it, Xera! Miss Delight, will you be fine with us following you? Ever since we met we saw so many interesting things. Before our acquaintance we were only having routine quests and barely had anything exciting but now I feel like every day is a chance to know something new and exciting!” My heart was melted by her cute smile and how the breasts were dancing around with her moves.

“My apologies, I doubt that I can protect you all the time. I think it would be better if we don’t stick so close together.” It was a tough choice but I am just a walking barrel of explosives.

“Then one last time? C’mon, we will help you carry what you robbed and you will let Milady follow you for a couple more days. Fine?” Unexpectedly Xera was not the happiest one with parting ways. Instead of thinking too much about it I checked the rewards I should’ve accumulated recently.

Ding

New achievement: defeated the Chief of Toughskin Warband

You received 1 gold coin, 37mm Pom-pom Quadruple mount (Replaces Heavy AA), 4’’/45 QF Mk XV Twin mount (Replaces SG), 6 upgrade points, 3 modernization points, 12’’/50 Mk XII (Replaces MG), 0.5’’/62 Mk III No. 2 (Replaces Light AA), 1 fire extinguisher, 7 copper coins, 13.5’’/45 Mk V(L) (Replaces MG), 3’’/45 QF HA Mk IV (Replaces TG), 14’’/45 Mk II (Replaces MG), 3’’/50 Mk 10 (Replaces TG), 2 skill points, 0.5’’/62 Mk III No. 3 (Replaces MGs)


HMS Delight – BC. Mod – 1935/1949 – Modernization progress 7/10.

Accuracy – 2/100

Reload – 5/100

Recoil – 1/100

Machinery – 99/25

Guns – 74/25

Equipment – 99/25

Main guns 14''/45 Mk II. Loaded - 0/8. Firerate - 0.1/1.75. Range - 18.2 km.
Secondary guns 4''/45 QF Mk XV Twin mount. Loaded - 0/12. Firerate - 0.45/9. Range - 15 km.
Tertiary guns 3''/50 Mk 10. Loaded - 0/4. Firerate - 0.75/15.
AA guns

37 mm Pom-pom Quadruple mount. Loaded - 32/32.

0.5''/62 Mk III Twin mount. Loaded - 20/20.

0.5''/62 Mk III No. 3. Loaded - 8/8.

Requiem. Lvl 1. Memento Mori. Lvl 10. Lyddite rain. Lvl 1.
On activation: 10s reload for next salvo. The following salvo has 40s reload. Can be activated every 40s. On activation: -25% chance of breakdown and flash fire. When this ship is hit by an attack that would otherwise sink it: 25% chance to completely heal this ship. Duration: 30s. Can be activated every 2 minutes. On activation: Fires a salvo of HE Lyddite shells with higher chance to set fire on target and deal critical damage. Has 90% chance of critical malfunction.
Should Delight let Lilith and Xera follow her?
  • They are nice, she should let them follow her! Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It was nice having them around but for now she should part ways with them. Votes: 3 37.5%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Dec 25, 2020 01:32 PM.
4