V2 Ch 30. Arrested?
501 59 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[What a nice summer, what a nice evening. The birds sing under the sunshine and I am voluntarily imprisoned.]

For now we reached an agreement with the governmental officials that they will not try to actually arrest us while I will not annihilate them. The girls are escorted by two armed knights while I am strolling with the woman in charge.

“You are strangely calm for someone who is escorted by knights.” The woman was occasionally making funny remarks about how obediently I follow them. There were no signs of hostility coming from her but I was nervous for I could not properly see her face because of a hood.

I looked at Xera, she was not concerned with the escort. It might be just another routine day for her so I guess she really is a troublemaker. Meanwhile, Lilith was really scared and shivered whenever the knights closed the distance with her. When one of them approached her too close I turned around and waved him a finger ‘not good’. After my little gesture for some time neither of the two came too close, yet I am still worried.

“My good lady, can I ask you to make them stop worrying the gifted girl and pester the man who escorts her?”

“I don’t think it is possible. Even if I order them to not, they will still approach her. They rarely see women other than the ones who are knights. As you can tell, the women knights are not as… attractive…” I could only giggle at her remark.

[Hang in there, we should arrive soon, right?]

“How long will we be walking?”

“We are close. Sorry for the unusual way of travelling but we had no way to bring in a carriage, not through that vegetation.” (W)

“Oh my, don’t worry about it, we all love sightseeing and got used to walking.”

Might it be related to the reason you attacked that caravan?” (W)

“Oh my, did you find us for another reason?”

“Exactly, you caused some commotion so we are here to take you somewhere where you should not be a threat. Now, can you answer why you attacked the caravan?” (W)

Yes, yes, that caravan carried some tea which I was so desperate to obtain.”

Are you serious? You might get in a serious trouble for this. I don’t know who the owner of this caravan was but at least it would be a viscount!” (W)

More than a ton of tea?

Sorry, I misunderstood the situation. The king.” (W)

[I am becoming quite famous. Whatever the king would want he shall not have any tea. My precious tea…]

Are you really not worried? You are guaranteed to be called by the king if he finds out you are the cause of the shipping missing.” (W)

“Come what may, I am sure there is no way he can stop me.”

“Ha-ha-ha! I like your attitude, young miss!” (W)


The sun was setting when we arrived to a camp. I got used to the night activities during the last week but today’s share of surprises is that I had such an action-packed day.

The woman sent the knights away and asked us to follow her. When we entered a large tent I felt a déjà vu but there were only a table, a bed and some small furniture.

The woman asked us to sit down and sat in front of us. Then she took off her hood and Lilith exclaimed: “Principal!

The ‘principal’ is a beautiful blonde with pink eyes. Her figure is feminine but not too standing out from this world’s average. With such a plain dress I would never distinguish her from a normal citizen, not in a crowd.

Lilith almost flew down from the chair and immediately prostrated herself. Even the cheeky knight was shivering from the woman’s glare. Meanwhile, I was concerned for my own reasons.

“Ms, can I ask you for some hot water?”

“W-would you need a cup…?” The woman was flustered but immediately headed to her table, picked a cup and passed it to me. For an unknown reason the cup was already filled with hot water and I immediately started my tea brewing. To be exact I just used one of the pantsu as an improvised tea bag. Everyone dropped their jaws but quickly pretended that they did not see my extravagant action.

“Now that we are ready for discussion, can you tell us what is the reason for this abrupt kidnapping?”

“There are two reasons, the first is I needed to find a missing student [glares at Lilith], and her missing knight [glares at Xera]. The second is I heard there is an extraordinary individual with powerful magic. Just the fact that you have a storage space with capacity to hold a ton of tea…” (P)

1411 kg to be exact.

Sorry… What I am saying is that you are an outstanding individual whom we ought to have in our academy.” (P)

“My apologies, what?

“I, as the principal of Rosehip Academy, invite you to become a student of honor in our academy! Considering that you already know Miss Evereyn, you will have no problems.” (P)

“Well, considering all that has happened, my answer will be…”

3