V2 Ch 33. The first test
362 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing I did after we arrived I asked Lilith where the principal’s office is. She led me to a large brick building somewhere between the entrance and the largest of buildings.

Right when we entered the building I was stopped by a guard.

“Who are you? I never saw you before.” (G)

“So you are saying you know my companion?”

“Ha! Miss Evereyn is our frequent guest.” I started chatting with the guard and subtly hinted him that the principal waits for me. The man appeared to be cold but after some time I understood that he would be a great companion in a pub.

Lilith was way too silent in comparison with her usual attitude but considering how many people there are around us I couldn’t find a good time to ask her. When we arrived to the principal’s office she remained outside while I entered.

“Good evening to you, Madam. Can I report our arrival?” I blinded the principal with my smile.

“Good evening to you, Miss Windsor.” (P)

“Might I ask you to refer to myself as Delight, for this is the name blessed by the royal family.” [Or so it should be.]

“If you say so. Sit down, please. I will call for the teachers from the experimental magic department.” She left the office while I admired the view from a huge window which covered the majority of the view of academy, if a map on the wall is correct.

The buildings in the academy are all painted white and when I used binoculars I saw that in few places the paint cracked there are bricks. There are lots of windows and their frames are decorated with reliefs and engravings, as well as small columns. The doors and entrances are also decorated with columns. I wonder if the academy’s architects were inspired by Greek culture, or its equivalent.


“I am back, the teachers should arrive soon. Do you need anything?” (P)

“But of course! It is tea time after all.”

M-might I ask for some tea as well?” I wanted to say no but for now the woman did no harm yet. I have no way to give her a polite refusal so I gritted my teeth and extracted an extra pantsu.

P-please! Don’t use such things for tea brewing! It is so embarrassing!” (P)

We live in desperate times when there are no ways to brew tea using proper utensils. My undergarments are clean, I assure you.” I hope she gets what I hint her.

Give me a moment, I will look if there is something like a teapot…” In the end she found some sort of a clay jar where I brewed the tea and only required to pour it into the cups.

Soon somebody knocked and a group of 6 people entered, some of them were irritated.

“What happened to thee?” I can show off so why not?

Madam De Croix, is it the person you wanted to present?

“I may not be correct but I welcome the teachers. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Delight, Her Majesty’s faithful servant.” I flawlessly followed the etiquette and after I was done introducing myself I saw 6 opened mouths.

“Ha-ha~, my god sirs and sirettes, please, do close your mouths for a fly can fly in.”

Are you all going to stay like that and embarrass me in front of our new student?!” Only after the principal raised her voice the teachers unfroze and sat down. There were 4 men and 2 women, all are past their years of youth.

“Miss Delight, I will introduce them to you. This is Mr. Renohan, the head of your department.” And old man with long beard nodded. If I was to describe his appearance in one word – he is wizard.

“This is Mr. Calintes, the practice class teacher.” He can be described as a middle aged easy-going guy.

“This is Mrs. Sangres, the etiquette teacher. She will evaluate your etiquette and if everything is fine we’ll say that you attend etiquette classes in absentia.” A typical old noble madam.

“This is Mr. Muron, the arts teacher.” He looks old and I feel like he has some experience as an artist.

“This is Mr. Frangl, the theoretical magic teacher” (P)

Yes, yes! Madam De Croix mentioned you are a capable mage. Can you tell me who is your mentor?” Mrs. Sangres watched my reaction.

“Oh my, I am but a self-taught.” The middle aged hyperactive person was disappointed but I feel like we won’t be seeing each other too often.

“And finally is Miss Evereyn-senior.” She patted the shoulders of a relatively young woman. Miss Evereyn was not looking at me, she was melting me with her glare.

Did I mishear?

“No, your friend’s mother is unmarried.” (P)

Now I understand why this girl likes to hug so much~.” My joke only made the mom’s glare turn from melting mode to incineration.

Catalina, please, she’s the first friend that brat made! Don’t scare her away!” (P)

“Oh my, if only that much was enough~. Meanwhile, could you tell me when we will have our rendezvous with this good lady?”

“Ah! My apologies, I forgot. Miss Evereyn-senior is our sciences teacher. I guess asking you to attend classes will be unrequired?” (P)

“Absolutely~.”

“Now that we are done here, Mrs. Sangres, announce the test’s results.” (P)

“As your name implies, you surely did not disappoint me. Please, do teach the brat how to behave. I hope she will listen to you.” Why do I feel like something’s not right?

The Krupp armor is melting. Why is the mom capable of doing that?!
  • She is surely the volume's main villain. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel like she hates D. Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Delight made a lot of unfunny jokes. Votes: 3 37.5%
  • She is overprotective mother. Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Eye magic! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else? Votes: 1 12.5%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Dec 28, 2020 07:32 AM.
5