V2 Ch 34. Divided by two walls
461 28 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the introductions were over I was asked to at least attend a few classes before making a decision to skip them. Then we were dismissed.

I did not find Lilith where I left her outside the office and while I was wondering what is going on, I felt my back melting. I turned around and saw Lilith’s mother. She had her eyes focused on me. I approached her.

“My good lady, this much is not enough to scare me away.” The woman blushed but could not say anything aside from muttering something.

Ffory…’ Her voice was shaking and I thought that it might just be a misunderstanding.

“Could you please nod if I just misunderstood you and you are not angry at me.” She nodded.

“Now that it is cleared, why don’t we talk for a bit?”

Yes…’ Her voice is super silent, I might need to use the hydroacoustics array just to hear her. Joke.

“Can I use your name? It would be a shame to make somebody misunderstand when I talk about either of you.”

‘Please do…’ This time she was more confident.

“Very well. Miss Catalina, can you tell me if Lilith had some problems that make her the ‘brat’?”

N-no… she is good girl… sorry for me…’ (C)

“Don’t worry, my friend’s mother is like my own mother.” Considering that Catalina was feeling uncomfortable I headed to the exit I hope Lilith is still waiting for me. I won’t find a way to the dorms by myself.

“Why did you leave me alone for so long?!” Right when I returned to the foyer I was knocked down by Lilith.

“We were just having an introduction. Now, could you please let me stand up and guide me to the dormitory?” She reluctantly stood up.


The sky was black but the academy was brightly lit by lots of street lamps. The roads are paved with cut stone and are surrounded with flower beds and trees. It is no wonder that this place is suitable for nobles. If I was one then I would at least expect this much from a prestigious education establishment.

There were no people outside and nobody took a stroll during this warm night. So just to make myself useful I wanted to do a little mischief.

“What are you doing?” Lilith curiously asked me.

Bang

The academy was startled by a 102mm blank shot.

Miss Delight! This is a bad deed!” (L)

“I never thought I would hear that from the infamous ‘brat’.” She immediately went silent.

“I won’t inquire about it, don’t worry.”

While you were there you must’ve met my mother…” (L)

“Yes, I have. Such a charming woman.” I patted Lilith’s back.

“Sometimes I really wonder what you are thinking about. You are the first to start a fight but also the first to do something incomprehensible. Use powerful magic to fight strong enemies and to coerce weak, fight the orcs and then talk to them like you are best friends, meet my mother and think she is charming…” (L)

“Being mysterious is always attractive, right? Everybody wants to know more about you, yet you are always distant. It really does make one feel incomprehensible. But here you are, chatting with this ‘mysterious’ being like best friends do. Funny thing, this talk about weird things during the nighttime.” We both giggled before continuing to the dormitories.


Unlike the majority of building in the academy, the dormitories are not painted white and their bricks remain visible. As Lilith explained there are four dorms here: 2 for males and 2 for females. One for each social status: rich and powerful from highest levels of nobility are in one, and commoners and lower nobility are in the other. When Lilith and I arrived to her dormitory we were met by the supervisor.

Miss Lilith Evereyn, how bold of you to arrive so late. I never thought you would ‘bless’ us with your presence.” The supervisor was mocking her right in front of my eyes.

“Oh my, Lily, who is this servant? Did you not teach this poor commoner how to behave?” The woman’s face was distorted by wrath, yet I continued.

“Did you suddenly become mute? Who let you open your mouth at her?” I smiled.

Who are you? Do you really think a nameless something like you can talk back at me? What’s your name?!” The supervisor gloated as she opened the list of students. There should be the number of my room as well.

“Delight.” The supervisor snickered as she searched through the list but as the time went on she was becoming paler and paler. When she saw my name in the list she was completely white.

M-m-m…” (S)

“Stop hiccupping and talk. I don’t want to waste all the night.” We still have to finish girly talks.

Miss… your room is in the other dormitory…” (S)

[What? Lilith and I were supposed to be in the same housing.]

“Hey, Lilith, what dormitory is this?” I have a suspicion that…

“The poor one. I had no doubt that Miss Delight would be settled amongst the rich.” She just shrugged her shoulders.

Just a moment, please…” I headed outside.

“The principal already returned home. You will have to go to the other dormitory.” Lilith put an indisputable end to today’s problem.

Announcement
Yay! The novel finally reached top 150 in Fantasy! Thanks for your support! Comments are always appreciated, especially when they are left not only by Maple!
Lilith is...
  • A commoner. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A noble. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A weird royal? Votes: 2 28.6%
  • A goddess of blessed soft things. Votes: 5 71.4%
Total voters: 7 · This poll was closed on Dec 30, 2020 08:50 AM.
4