V2 Ch 38. Firing range
380 15 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we walked to the practice grounds I thought it would be a good idea to improve my weaponry. I am sure they would try to make me show off my firepower…

Ding

You received admission gift – 15 upgrade points, 3 silver coins'

You received 10 copper coins, 1 fire extinguisher, 6 upgrade points, 4’’/45 Mk XIX (Replaces SG), 14’’/45 Mk VII (Replaces MG), 2 modernization points, 20 mm/70 Mk I (Replaces Light AA)


HMS Delight – BC. Mod – 1945/1949 – Modernization progress 0/10.

Accuracy – 2/100

Reload – 5/100

Recoil – 1/100

Machinery – 99/25

Guns – 53/25

Equipment – 99/25

Main guns 14''/45 Mk VII. Loaded - 0/8. Firerate - 0.1/2. Range - 35 km.
Secondary guns 4''/45 Mk XIX. Loaded - 0/12. Firerate - 1/20. Range - 18 km.
Tertiary guns 3''/50 Mk 10. Loaded - 0/4. Firerate - 0.75/15.
AA guns

37 mm Pom-pom Quadruple mount. Loaded - 32/32.

20 mm/70 Mk I Oerlikon. Loaded - 10/10.

0.5''/62 Mk III No. 3. Loaded - 8/8.


Now that I dropped my explosion chances to ‘either I explode or not’ I can start worrying about the ‘I can’t hit even an elephant from 100 meters’.

Meanwhile, we arrived at the practice grounds and there I saw much more people than I originally expected.

“Why are there people from other departments?”

“Every department has magic classes and both magic departments have practice. So we are having combined lessons to instigate a competition. They claim it will make everybody try their best to learn and beat the other department. Now that we have you… well, you get it.” Lilith finished her brief introduction.

“What about the administration department?”

“They have magic classes but not practice. Neither of them is capable of actually using magic but at least they should know what it is.” Poor hurricane?

Clap-clap!

“Alright, guys! Welcome to the first practice class of this semester! Yeah, I see the familiar faces! Now, who wants to show their best today?”

WE!!!” The crowd must like that teacher a lot.

Who’s the first? Who’s the first?” Mr.Calintes continued cheering the students.

One of the students stepped forward and headed right to the firing range. The teacher castes some sort of a spell and semi-transparent targets appeared.

The student started casting a spell and launched a small fireball at one of the targets. The next student casted a ray of light, there was also a ray of darkness, a burst of air and other superior spells which could hardly damage a tree.

The next to cast was Michael. He launched a bolt of fire but unlike the previous contestants the target was evaporated while the bolt continued flying. It is impressive in comparison with the previous spells.

“The next will be our prodigy. Miss Evereyn, if you will?” All eyes were focused on Lilith.

She casted an ice shard which penetrated the target with ease.

[Like, ok… why is she a prodigy? She casted a spell and that’s it.]

What is so prodigy about it…?” I asked her.

“They call me like that not because of the spells but because of my magic school.” My skeptical look did not change so she will have to explain.

“My school is void so I can learn magic from any magic school. The others can only use magic from their school. Fire mage can’t shoot icicles while light mage can’t use lightning.” Ok, cheaty side character is confirmed.

“And now… we have our student of honor! Miss Delight, if you will?” (MC)

I walked to the position and summoned the gear. The 14 inch guns were aimed at a huge magic-protected target the teacher created specifically for me.

“I don’t feel like firing this time. Can we do it the next time?” I am still not sure that this is a good idea. I can just explode here.

“At least give it a try. We all are eager to see the magic you possess.” Fine…

[‘Requiem’, ‘Memento Mori’.]

All gun barrels dropped into the loading position. The electro-hydraulic systems worked relentlessly. The charges and the shell are loaded on the autoloader… The first pair of guns is loaded. The second pair had the hydraulics jam before the shell was delivered. The third pair rose to the firing position. And the final pair was now ready to open fire.

“Ok, I am ready. Somewhat. Tell everybody to close their ears as tightly as they can. Trust me, it will be loud.” Lilith already prepared to see the carnage. The other students were a bit skeptical and only a few closed their ears.

Whatever, do as you like…” Let us release the fire.

BOOM BOOM

The ground shook after the first shots. I confirmed that my range estimations were crap. The students who did not close their ears were now lying on the ground and desperately holding hands on the ears.

BOOM BOOM

I did not expect to have any hits at the target but I can always pretend it is because I was not ready.

BOOM BOOM

The final shots of my cannonade were fired with the same result. While everybody was trying to process what happened I took Lilith with me. The classes should be over by now so why not go and play around?

4