V2 Ch 44. Mourning tea drinking
385 28 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day after my consultation with Xera I was expecting Charlotte to appear once again at my doorstep but she didn’t show up. For the breakfast I was on my way to pick up Lilith but I was intercepted by Xera.

“Don’t search for Milady, she has an appointment scheduled. Go and have your fun without her.” (X)

“What are you doing here then? Should you not be by her side?

“I’d be glad but the crown prince demanded that they will be alone. While I did swear my loyalty to Milady, I am still subordinate to the crown prince. Hey, are you willing to take me? I’m hungry and you no doubt are going to have a breakfast.” (X)

“If you are fine with a possible encounter with Charlotte.”

“No problem, follow me.” Is it not supposed to be me leading?


As we entered the restaurant I began scanning for possible seats. Meanwhile, Xera disappeared to fill her stomach with whatever free food she can find. Because I actually only wanted to have some hot water I did not care about her problems of standing in a queue.

Suddenly my sleeve was pulled. When I turned around to see the evildoer I saw the familiar curls.

You! I demand that you entertain me during my breakfast! Follow me!” I was getting tired of her rude attitude so instead, I demonstratively looked around and prepared to leave.

W-what is wrong now?!” Charlotte was confused.

“Oh my, whom you might be talking to~?” Please, do take this hint…

Erhm… what? Khm! As I was saying, follow me!” I did not move a centimeter.

Erhm… is it because you don’t have a tray?” She tilted her head, while not as cute as Lilith, she has some potential. If she stops being so slow.

“I surrender, I have no idea what you want. Just tell me! I don’t have all the morning to show you how magnanimous I am!” (C)

“Miss de Terehan, might I inquire whom you were talking to?

“Uuuu… Ha-ha… Khm! Miss Delight, I order you to join my clique for breakfast! Follow me!” Now I did follow her, even though her attitude is still to be cured.

I was sat amongst her followers and soon a number of waiters brought luxurious dishes and drinks. I saw that I was presented a cup of steaming-hot water. Now that I had everything required for the breakfast I picked the fork and began picking an unknown mass of proteins which vaguely resembled meat.

“Now, girls, I recently received a gift from my parents so today we will be drinking…” Charlotte was saying something in the background while I was taking some underwear out of the purse with one very specific purpose.

“Germine, pass this to my new servant. Miss Delight should be honored that I allow you to have some tea. Erhm… what are you doing with… W-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Suddenly Charlotte stopped murmuring to her entourage and screamed while covering her face.

“Is it not obvious? While you are busy giving everybody your toast I was making myself some tea.”

Erhm… right… …? Where did you get the tea from?” (C)

Would you like to know more?” I pointed the fork at her.

F-fine… do you need sugar?” She quickly switched gears and now was talking about making my tea drinking somewhat comfortable.

“Oh my, it would be great~.” The rest of the breakfast went silently. Nobody here was talking so I quickly became bored and right after I was done clearing my plate I walked away. I wonder if Charlotte wants new friends because she is just tired of this silent table company.


I barely saw Lilith recently. When we have classes she ends up sitting with the prince so I have to sit alone, or even worse with Xera.

I left the class room and headed to the library to borrow another useless by itself book. On my way I walked into Charlotte who weirdly was alone and did not start laughing or calling me from 100 meters away.

Normally I would pretend I never saw her but currently I am giving her a chance to show she is not as bad so I approached her.

“Miss Delight, you look like you have a lot of spare time. I will let you accompany me while I am studying.” (C)

Name me at least one reason why I shouldn’t say no.

“I… I was going to let my servants have some rest but now I need some help with studying. Even a genius like me needs some company during studying so I will let you keep me company while I prepare for the exam.” She crossed her arms and stared at me with arrogant confidence. I remember not seeing her name in top 100 but it must be a 'misunderstanding'.

“I really have nothing to do. So be it, then. Where shall we study?”

“In my room of course!” (C)

Meanwhile, from behind a corner a pair of bloodshot eyes glared at them.

1