‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 15.
366 23 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wildcat

The ‘friends’, as they like to call themselves, found a new mission for which they asked my assistance.

“Is it fine with you?” (F)

“Of course, I was created for escorting ships.”

Our task is to escort a small number of merchant ships down a river to its estuary where they will have enough space to set sail. We will be making sure the slow and hulking ships will not be attacked by ‘pirates’. As the only destroyer here I will be providing AA covering and ASW duties.

“Will there be submarines in the river?” I never heard about such submarines but I need to be on alert.

What is she talking about?” (F)

“Let’s just say yes, it is faster and won’t hurt.” (MG)

“Commencing ASW. Launching charges.”

What did you say about ‘it will be alright’?’ (PF)

Well…’ (MG)

BUM BUM BUM

As I was done bombing the submarine, I saw that instead of oil there was fish surfacing… [Ooops…?]

The ships were close to their destination and we met no threats. I jumped out of the water to make sure the others are fine.

“What are you planning to do after we are done with this quest?” (LN)

“Eat.”

Anything else…?” (LN)

“Sleep.”

Erhm… how about we all travel somewhere and search for a nice restaurant to feed her?” (LN)

“We have no money for that, remember?” (PF)

“Nah, it will be fine.” (LN)

“How are you going to procure the necessary funds?” I need to know what I should do.

“We will search for a treasure!” (MG)

What a great idea… any proper ideas?” (PF)

“Yes. Stop arguing and look there!” (F)

Straight ahead of us, near the estuary, were other ships. Some of them were positioned right on the way of the caravan.

I checked the fuzes…

2