‘A side story of darkness and a cat’ No 17.
360 25 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Path of a cat

The merchants were grateful enough to offer us some food for our escort. Of course I wondered why they gave us so little but I did not insist on anything.

What’s wrong with her?

Don’t worry about her, she just thinks you gave her not enough food.’ (LN)

The ships sailed towards the closest port where we will disembark and the merchants will continue their journey. Occasionally I patrolled around and screened them when animals and ships were approaching too close to the caravan.

While I was onboard, long nose guy approached me.

“Why are you so grumpy? Did something happen?” (LN)

“They said they will pay us but they gave us only two crates of food.”

Did you really think it is our payment…? They will pay us when we arrive, this is just for us [you] to have some food.” Now I understand. They are going to donate us these goods for the war effort.

You understood what I said, right?” I nodded and he petted me.

At the port.

What do you mean donate our merchandize?! Where did you even hear that?!

I knew she misunderstood something… Why did I not check right when she ‘understood’ immediately…’ (LN)

In the end we agreed that the merchants will only pay for my dinner. I am happy they were happy when the others announced what our payment is. After all, I was created to help humans.

I know a good and quite cheap restaurant… how about we go there?” The merchants’ faces lit up even more.

As we entered the restaurant, the long nose guy announced.

“Waiter, please serve our friend whatever she requests. Those gentlemen will pay for everything.” (LN)


As the time went on, the merchants’ smiles were becoming stiffer and stiffer. They exited the restaurant with very dark expressions and sworn to never ever agree to feed cat-kin as their payment. However, they still decided that they will be hiring Kuronami if their paths cross again.

3