V2 Ch 55. Between the maid and the villainess
324 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time we returned from the city Francis became incredibly irritated. I ordered her to sit on the opposite side of the carriage so I could appreciate the dress, while she wanted to sit with me. I wonder if she is more irritated that she could not sit with me or that I have the cat-like Lilith cuddling with me.

As we returned to the academy we headed to the board where the results should be posted. I wondered if the results are there but before seeing them I saw Charlotte whom I so carefully avoided.

“Miss Delight, Evereyn… Are you here to see the results?” (C)

“Yes. How are you doing?”

“Oh, I am doing great. Ho-ho-ho~!” She covered her mouth with a fan and started laughing.

“It looks like the results are posted.”

No, they are not…” (C)

“Then why are you so cheerful?”

“I wanted to be the first to see my triumph myself but the fate shipped us two together. Of course I am glad to see you and because you are here then why not you make yourself useful? I want you to escort me to the ball!” She was acting weird, not that it is different from her public self. Well, her drunk and vulnerable self is cute so it is worth tolerating her.

Sorry but…

“Evereyn will have her knight.” (C)

And you don’t have one?” I reminded her. After all, if Lilith has a knight then Charlotte even more so has one as well.

Miss, she had her knight fired two days ago.’ (F)

What…?!

Khm. So, as I was saying…” (C)

No.” If I don’t cut all her hopes she will keep pestering me.

But why?!” Charlotte’s villainess stance was now broken as she started throwing a tantrum.

“You still owe Lilith for blaming her.” Also, I am yet to forgive her.

I… I never blamed her! His Highness asked me to follow him and be silent… I-I, if I ever knew about what would happen, I would never…!” [Yes, right.]

“It does not change the fact that you did it. Does the prince’s love cost as much as your friend’s honor?”

I know it does not. I know it would be a fake love. Yet, I could not say a word when I heard what nonsense he said…” (C)

“You ran away before being confronted.”

Please! I did not do it on purpose! I would not want to hurt Evereyn while doing it like a rat! It would hurt me more than benefit!” I looked behind.

“Miss de Terehan deserves a chance.” (L)

“You ended up pals after giving it a try, she should not be that stupid to risk everything for this.” (X)

Tch.

Does it mean I am forgiven?” Charlotte started puppy-eyeing me. My expression did not change.

The radar picked motion behind me, 2 meters away. When my attention returned to the Hurricane, I saw an obnoxious scene.

Ho-ho-ho~! I will allow you to continue being my follower if you forget about that incident. Be happy about it.” I wondered what is going on but judging by the drops of water forming in the corners of her eyes, she tries to act like her usual self. Well, her weird villainess acting does hit the nostalgia parts of my heart.

Tch. I will not escort you but the bygones will let be bygones.”

Thank you! Khm. Don’t be too happy, Evereyn. This time you may have won but the next time… Ho-ho-ho~!” Her laugh still makes me dumbfounded but as long as the child is happy.


The next day the results were posted, not worth mentioning them as they are too predictable. Thank you, university. In the evening I was finishing my trial makeup for the ball.

Miss, stop moving around! I just need a minute more and it will be over! I said, stop struggling!Francis, my humble Francis, she became a monster the very moment I told her to prepare me for the ball. We spent only few hours choosing what I am going to wear. As I only bought a couple of hats, Francis barged into Charlotte’s room and borrowed a lot of dresses. While the dresses were a bit tight, we managed to find one to wear.

The makeup on the other hand, was redone again and again. Somehow my face does not look prettier with makeup on. In the end I became so tired that I just want to escape this nightmare but of course the very moment I tried running away, I was apprehended and now Francis strictly controls my escape routes.

In the end, this was all for nothing as the makeup did not suit me. All or nothing never suited me to begin with.

[Wait, what the hell did I just think?]

The weirdest of them all?
  • Charlotte and her villainess behavior. Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Lilith and her... specific behavior. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xera and her knightly behavior. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Francis and her changing behavior. Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Delight. The first and the greatest weirdo. Votes: 25 75.8%
Total voters: 33
2