V2 Ch 66. The privy council
301 20 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The gathering was going smoothly. The guests were dancing or chatting near many food tables. While this was nice and everything, I still wanted to know where is Charlotte. After all, she invited us here to have our candy stomachs filled.

“Lilith, can you pass me that cake?”

“Of course, please have some of these biscuits as well.” I tasted the offering and they are so yummy!

“What a nice choice.”

“Thank you. Would you like to try the small cakes?” Wait a second… Am I spoiled by her…?

“But of course, let me try them.” Not that I have anything against it.

I savored the sweets and listened to the music. Occasionally I heard some conversations. I mean, I heard that there are conversations nearby. I understood no words.

“Miss Delight, are you worried about something?” Lilith started pulling my sleeve.

“Of course no, I was just savoring the surroundings. You have no need to be concerned.”

“If you say so.” She returned to the sweets while I wanted to go and look for Charlotte.

[I guess it would be faster to search for her than to wait like this.]


I slipped out of the foyer and started to search around the mansion. I was going to start asking the servants where the viscount is but then I saw a number of maids standing outside of a room.

“My apologies, can you tell me if Charlotte is here?”

“Are you talking about the Young Mistress?” I was surprised to see no suspicion towards me.

“Yes. Do you know where she is?” I bet she is not here. That butler is not here so they must be in a different place.

“Young Mistress is in the Master’s bedroom. I am sorry but you cannot go there. Please, return to the gathering.” Just as the maid was done showing me the way back, the door was opened and I saw the least expected person.

Madam Principal? What brought you here?

“Miss Delight? Ah, right, you were invited here by Miss de Terehan. What are you doing here, so far from the food tables?” I waved my finger.

Wait a moment, please! I was the first to ask and I expect to hear the answer.

Haa… Miss, you surely do love to get into trouble. I should not answer but knowing you… Come inside.” That was easy. I almost feel my ‘speech’ skills have improved a lot. Or my ‘annoyance’ skills. Or ‘getting into trouble’ skills.


We entered the room and sat down.

“How much can you tell me? I am sure there are some things you can and cannot tell me. I would like to know a lot.”

“I suggest you wait for the arrival of my actual conversation partner.” I went silent and just waited.

Less than a minute later, a person entered the room. It was the viscount.

“Your Grace, thank you for invitation. Will it be alright if…” (P)

HOW DID YOU END UP HERE?!” The viscount was hiccupping from fury. I have no idea what they talked about but he really was not happy to see me.

“I was making myself busy but in the end curiosity killed the lady. Due to the circumstances I walked into this room and now, here I am.”

Tch. Sit down. Alright, Madam de Croix was invited here to talk about the recent assassination attempts that happened within the kingdom.

Most of them targeted the nobles’ children which had connections with the royal family. If I remember correctly the Miss here also participated in one of such events.

I have information that the assassins will try hurting my precious baby. I doubt you are worthy enough but I sincerely hope you are strong enough to protect Charlotte. Now, go and make sure she is going to be alright.

There is nothing more you should know here.” The viscount tried pushing me out of the room but it is a bit too hard to make me move.

Despite his attempts I stood in the same place.

What do you need?” I have no idea why he turned so angry.

“I just want to know what I made to make Mister Viscount become so angry with me.”

Viscount?” Both the principal and the man asked in confusion.

What…?

I see… Miss, I am not a viscount. Not even a single pitiful soul would have enough wealth for such a mansion. I am none other than the prime minister of this country, bearing the title and responsibilities of the ducal house.” What…?

Then how…?

“How Charlotte became the viscountess? I gave my daughter a title of her own.” Now…

Bang

The door was kicked and it made everyone turn around. The girl in glasses stood there.

Just why do I walk into you every damned time…?’ She hissed.

You [Delight], leave us alone. We need to discuss a pressing matter as fast as possible.” The girl did not wait even a second and immediately pushed everyone but me into the chairs.

“Okay, I get it why the principal here. I almost get it why the… duke…(?) is here. But how did you end up intertwined with this room’s contents?” I could not help asking.

Go away, Delight. I will find you myself, when the time comes. For now, do what you must.” Now I really was kicked out and I should say…

[Just how strong that kid is?]

The best skill Delight has?
  • Her intelligence. (She constantly gets what she wants) Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Her luck. (Yeah, right...) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Her 'getting into trouble' skill. Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Her summoning Deus ex machina. (I just wonder if I use it too much) Votes: 2 28.6%
Total voters: 7 · This poll was closed on Feb 15, 2021 02:30 PM.
2