V2 Ch 83. Pioneers of wild lands
264 10 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a roar the anchors were dropped at the home port, which coincidentally is in the kingdom’s capital.

Before I could go and settle one little thing, Lilith asked me to let her be the first to visit the king. Of course, if she has her own personal reasons for that, I must let her go, not to mention that it gives me some time to get rid of the supervisors.

I too had some things to talk about with the king but Lilith wanted to have her talk without anybody interfering, me included.

I unloaded all of my passengers and found out that I am alone. Charlotte wanted to spend some time with her father, Lilith went to the king and Xera had to follow. I returned to the ship and from boredom I started hunting the passer-by ships by aiming the main guns at them and watching their reactions. Few of them were evading my aim, so I guess not too many people know what I am capable of.

Soon I just started to daydream.


When I returned from the dreamland I saw Lilith and Charlotte who were lonely on the pier. Both of them held boxes so I hurried to pick them up.

After I was done, I headed to the palace and was led right to the throne room.

The king was sitting on the throne. To the left of him was standing the duke. And to the right of the throne, on a pillow, was sitting a small figurine which I quickly recognized as the girl in glasses.

Before I asked what she does here, she raised her hand to stop me.

Fine, whatever. Does Your Majesty remember what I wanted~?”

Yes… while you were gone we found a good place for you. We even smuggled the empire’s explosives to make you a harbor.” I have no idea how those two are connected but I’ll let it be.

Wonderful~! Now, here is the treaty I negotiated. May the peace last forever~.” I have no idea why it amuses me that the pillaging was derailed but whatever makes it nice, let it be.

After the meeting, I was going to talk to the girl in glasses but she dismissed me without uttering a word. She only threw me a map. It appears to be the information on where I can find my new cozy corner.

[Wait, why new?]

So, because I had the information where the corner is, I headed there.


After 3 hours of steaming at cruise speed we arrived.

The girls were released and their wild instincts were no longer held by morals, statuses and opinion.

What are you looking at?” Xera took a break in her carousing.

“I am just enjoying the sight of wildcats playing~.”

“Don’t compare us, and especially Milady, to wild beasts.” (X)

Are you a domesticated knight in any way?

Stop it, will you?” She returned to playing.

Watching those three kittens play healed my soul and nourished my mind.


Of course, I was not sitting idly and made myself useful by planning the house. I planned its size and some of the rooms. It will not be a mansion of needlessly huge size but a comfortable two-floor house.

For now, everything is just an imaginary plan, lines on the ground and a few stones at the corners.

While I was engrossed in work, Charlotte orbited the ‘construction site’ closer and closer until she stopped near me.

“Miss Delight, if you want, I can recommend you the best architects in the world.” I sensed a bit of showing off but it is a good idea nonetheless.

I have a good idea too!” Lilith materialized nearby as soon as Charlotte approached me.

“What did you want to say?”

“My mother is a good architect We should use her ideas.” (L)

I never heard the demon lord to be a good architect.” Charlotte giggled.

Her ideas are too avant-garde for the simple-minded snobs.” The atmosphere started to tense.

Girls, is it really a good idea to just do whatever you want without even considering the other options? We should try to make the lemonade out of every lemon we have available. How about we use Xera’s newly obtained wealth for the sake of having options to choose from?” Neither of them made objections in time so we skipped the voting part.


With everything decided I went out to inform Catalina about the contest, and to make some preparations for the contest I will hold.

While I sailed to the capital and the academy, Charlotte and Lilith finished sending letters to the architects they knew. Xera was working hard too and with her muscle strength she made a small hut where the girls could live properly. Properly here means they have a roof and were not colder than the air.

My architect contest was simple: I said what I want to see and told the sizes. Then I picked up some workers and materials, and headed back to the ‘construction site’.

It is not worth mentioning that I was a bit surprised to see that these sheltered girls survived for that long without actually becoming wild.

Alright, ladies, are you ready to settle down at the edge of the world?

Yes!” A meek cry was my answer…

2