V2 Ch 87. A little tea party
230 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The four of us were sitting on a towel in front of the house.

The matter of our marriage with Lilith and Charlotte was resolved quickly: Catalina fainted after hearing the news but quickly accepted it. From the friend’s mother she turned into mother-in-law. Also, I myself was turned into assistant-professor for her lessons. Not too big of a price in comparison with the benefits. Lilith showed me that she already has a white wedding dress and the rings, and is now fully prepared for the marriage.

Charlotte, when asked about the permission of her father, showed me a black dress with veil and a letter where the duke tearfully begged to care for his baby girl, as well as left a blank cheque where we would need to write down the required sum.

Ever since the initial matter of ‘will we marry’ was dealt with, Lily and Cherry started wearing their wedding dresses everyday, despite the fact that we are yet to have the official ceremony.

Another major concern regarding our lives, the housing, was solved as well. Better to say the case self-solved as after the blueprints were completed the construction was over in a matter of a week. As it turned out, I bought too much materials and hired too many workers. From the leftover lumber we not only built an additional house but even made a fence and a swing. Yet, I still have no idea why did I order so much for such a small project…


The girls were drinking tea while I daydreamed. Not that they have anything else to do. Out of us only Xera is capable of chores. Lilith and Charlotte are both noble girls and were never taught how to wash the dishes or cook, while I am… well… I can do some things but I feel like it will be easier to find a maid for it. I even have a prospect.

Our defense is my ship which is anchored near the pier. The radar coverage had to be replaced with visual detection, at least for the time of the radars' maintenance. So it was not surprising that our little tea party on the grass was interrupted by a pair of cheeky wyverns.

They were just flying above in circles, like hawks. Or like vultures.

Miss Delight, do you agree that the sun is blocked a bit?” A figure in white dress said that with a bit of irritation.

Evereyn, do you think it is appropriate to ask our pets to leave?” (C)

PFff! What pets?!” Lilith choked.

“Indeed. Charlotte, do you consider those wyverns as pets?

Of course I am! Look at how pretty they are! As the future Madame of Windsor family I must have something unique, or the other ladies will not understand me.” (C)

We are quite an exotic case just by ourselves.” Lilith noted the most obvious thing.

We have the ‘husband’ with no common sense whatsoever.” I take my thoughts back.

Meanwhile, the wyverns dived and prepared to attack.

BANG BANG Bum-bum-bum

Bu-bu-bum

A number of brass casings fell on the grass. The wyverns had to evade the AA fire and landed nearby in confusion.

Cherry stood up and nonchalantly approached.

“Hello Peta! Hello, Juda! How are you~?” The wyverns appeared to be astonished by her impudence. In fact, they were so astonished that they did not move. When they finally understood what was going on, I smiled at them and aimed the main guns.

Neither of them resisted being petted by Charlotte and after she was done, they quickly flew away. As far away as they could.


When I returned I was met with a glare. I picked up some shortcakes and broke off a piece.

“Say ‘Aaa’.”

Aaa Chomp

“Say ‘Aaa’.”

Aaa Chomp

Soon Lilith returned to her cuddling mood.

Charlotte and Lilith were both satisfied. Meanwhile, in the distance my radar picked up some signals. Their path exactly crossed the sky above the ship so I opened fire.

BANG BANG BANG

The formation was too spread out so the shells did nothing, but the closer the objects are, the higher the chances of hitting.

Bum-bum-bum-bum-bum

When radar-guided bofors guns joined, the objects started dropping much faster.

BRRRRTTTTTT

And when the full firepower was released, as well as MANPADs, the now-recognized swarm of wyverns became scarcer than expected. Though I had some issues targeting them when they approached too close as there was just not enough gun mounts to track them all.

With colossal losses the wyverns bypassed the AA despite the concentrated fire and approached my little house.

3