‘The wind’s side story of withered blossom’ No 11.
247 12 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A huntress’ trial

I made the aircraft flap their wings to stay airborne but it is still worth it.

In front of me was a pyramid-like structure which seemingly grows out of the sand.

Is this a tomb…?

“It must be. The ancient rulers were as conceited as the current ones are…” (W)

“What are we waiting for, guys? This place must have its own secrets, otherwise that bird would not lead us here.” The dwarf readied his crossbow and went forward.

I wondered if I should stay above and wait for them to finish the clean up but the scout gently pushed me forward.

Don’t worry, we’ll protect you.” (S)

As my pool of options was reduced to 2, I summoned the flight deck and prepared to land the aircraft. After all, the others already went inside and I need to make sure I will not have 116 piles of scrap waiting for me here.

We moved through a hallway which was stretching deeper and deeper underground. For the first 300 meters we met no resistance. For the next 200 meters we were slowed down by the bones lying everywhere. Some of the skeletons were holding weapons and some had pieces of armor remain on their bodies.

The priest chanted something at one of the skeletons.

“They are not cursed. But they still died here.” (P)

I did not worry about it too much. Heck, I did not even summon the naginata. If I am to waste my effort on this much then I might miss the actual fight.

400 meters later we saw a faint light at the end of the hallway.

Finally, after walking for 1 kilometer 17 meters we exited the hallway and entered a domed hall with a huge pond in its center.

And the water was wavering.

3