‘The wind’s side story of withered blossom’ No 27.
369 23 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Brutal recon

[WAKE UP!]

I was dead tired… For the past few days I had no way to sleep properly.

I either was woken up immediately, or it was too hot to sleep.

Even though we left the desert and went deep into a savannah, I was still not prepared for what I can find.

Onii-chan? Are we there yet?” I started pulling the priest’s robe.

“Should be. But I never heard of a settlement here…” (P)

At the nearest stop I once again separated from the group and launched a flight of scouts.

Our course was exactly to the landmark I wanted to explore.

When we arrived, everybody was astonished.

Is this a mansion?!” (S)

“It looks old. There might be something useful.” (W)

Brothers, am I the only one who feels like it is the third time we arrived to a place which has nothing to do with a settlement?” (B)

Then, all of the eyes turned to me. Still, it was no longer my problem. The caravaneers did what they were needed for.

VROOOOOM

The scout flight made a low altitude fly-by, and the mansion’s withered gardens shook. Deteriorated hands stretched out from under the ground.

Enemy!” (S)

I see!Great purification’.” (P)

A pillar of light fell on the mansion territory, and some of the rising undead stopped moving. Still, many zombies and skeletons walked by stopped arms and half-unburied bodies.

“Ryusei, sortie!”

With rapid deployment on the way, I had all of my Ryusei torpedo bombers deployed, and carpet bombed the undead.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

I ignored the crazed looks of my ex-comrades and walked forth, towards my destiny.

Announcement
Congratulations on the 76th anniversary of the end of WWII in Europe.
1