V3 Ch 14. Cheasing game mechanics
277 12 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The initial shock of seeing a metal ship disappeared soon enough. Veronica calmed down and explored the ship. I was following her nearby, just to make sure she won’t do anything obnoxious. After all, she already poked the hull with the rapier. What a sturdy thing for its thinness, I should say.

I mentally set the course and let the ship carry us wherever I needed.

“It is a wonderful ship, yet…” (V)

“What’s wrong?”

Why are there only 3 pitiful harpoon guns…?” She pointed at my magnificent main gun battery.

“They are much stronger than they look like.”

I doubt it.” She must be too used to the usual cannons, that weight a lot, have a huge caliber, and barely can fire at 2000 meters. For her those 57mm guns are out of league. If I remember correctly, they fire 6 pound shells, while the warships I saw would fire at least 32 pound cannonballs.


I don’t know why but I expected her to start crawling everywhere, and start cranking the mechanisms. However, at most she looked from close range, and she never touched anything unless it was required to continue moving, the doors for example.

It continued until she reached my centerline torpedo mounts. She started to explore them, and the torpedoes.

When I confirmed that she is busy enough, I looked at my stats.

Ding

You received 9 copper coins, 1 silver coin, 74 upgrade points


IJN Kuronami – DDL. Upgrade points – 4.

Torpedoes – 2/3.

HP – 3700.

HI – 99.9%.

AU – 68% (2041nm).

Depth charge mount – Stern rails. Depth charge type - Variable fuse

Y-guns - 0/50

Proximity fuse - 0/50


After I improved the depth charges I decided to save some points to improve the guns. We were not in a hurry so I could even hunt for some points.

“Those are incredible things. Are they powered?” Veronica pointed at the torpedoes.

“They are. If they work.”

Interesting… Ah, right, I saw that one of the tubes is empty. Is it supposed to be like that?” (V)

“No, I just didn’t have time to restock the supplies.” If I remember correctly, they can be restocked at the base but I have no bases whatsoever. I already feel the need for fuel, so it would be a good idea to find a way to resupply. Also, to repair myself. I can’t believe that rapier managed to hurt my hull.

Veronica insisted on continuing the examination, and went inside the ship. I had nothing to do so I went to the bridge and started looking around, trying to find an adventure.


On our way I saw something by an island. The situation was interesting so I went there. Whatever I saw was not visible by the time I arrived.

Wow! This is a huge room. And it even has glass protection?” Veronica finished touring the ship.

“Welcome to the bridge.”

Are you concerned with something?” She immediately noticed.

“I saw something near this place.”

I see… We better watch out, the pirates are active everywhere outside the warship patrol routes.” (V)

“I will keep this in mind.” I set the course around the island, just to check if the object circled it.

As the ship finished circling the island, and I prepared to return to the course, I saw a top of a mast.

ENEMY!” Veronica shouted.

I looked in the binoculars and saw a jolly roger.

“Enemy contact, range 200 meters.”

I aimed the 57mm guns, and prepared to launch a torpedo.

The pirates noticed us as well.

They turned 180, and presented us their left side. It looks like they accepted the fight.

What are you waiting for?! Do you need a special invitation?!” Veronica was shouting at me.

I am not going to shoot first! We have no idea if they want to attack!

As I said that, the pirates opened fire.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

It was a full broadside of 18 cannons.

All balls missed, and chain shots had nothing to destroy. Full metal, baby.

Bang Bang Bang

My first shots missed too, however, there were so many more…

Bang Bang Bang

Bang Bang Bang

Bang Bang Bang

Veronica was staring with her eyes wide-open.

Dozens of 57mm shots were piercing the pirate ship. I intentionally used just AP shots with no explosives inside. I was farming the points, and this sturdy ship would not go down without assistance.

Bang Bang Bang

As the pirate ship was turned into a cheese, I noticed that it started to slowly sink. It was now, or never.

Splash

Torpedo hit the water, and then nothing happened. I was about to start shouting but after some time, bubbles appeared, and the torpedo moved forward. Slowly. Painfully slowly.

It was damaged by the launch and barely moved.

Luckily, the torpedo did not change its course, and was steadily heading to its sacrifice.

FIVE minutes later, the torpedo trace reached the ship, and…

BOOM

A pillar of water consumed the ship, and it was split in two. The pirate ship rapidly sunk.

[Success…? I still need to improve those unreliable things.]

I checked the stats.

Ding

You received 1 gold coin, 330 upgrade points (hits), 52 upgrade points (firing), 80 upgrade points (torpedo hit, 0.8 modifier)

It’s fine. Better than nothing.

2