‘Four sisters’ No 13.
182 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Humming

I was looking over the books on a bookshelf. I searched for a history book for the tomorrow history lesson, to which I successfully managed not to prepare.

After New Jersey showed me a good TV series, I borrowed her disks with it, and spent the past two days watching…

It is the evening of Sunday, and tomorrow I will have to teach the class.

Once again I failed…

In a second my mood swung from cheerful to grim. When I remember the series I watched ten minutes ago, I feel happy. Then I remember that I am running out of time and will be goofing at the tomorrow’s lesson…

There is one person who knows the stuff I am supposed to be teaching but my pride as Big Sister will be hurt by contacting her. The other person is of no help. And the third person… I will really stop even looking like Big Sister, if I ask the youngest sister to help me…

Then I remembered that thing New Jersey brought back a few days ago.


“So, how much do you know of this country’s history?” I asked a dragon.

[I might share some wisdom with you, if you ask me politely.]

What an arrogant thing. Well then, I am no stranger to politeness.

Oh, Great Dragon, can you please share your wisdom on the topic of history~?

[Of course I will! Just put those exploding things away from my face!]

“See? It wasn’t that hard, was it?” The dragon started nodding.

“How old are you?”

[Erhm… Y-you see… I am…]

Younger than I require.” It nodded.

“Well then, if you are useless to me, or if I will be a fool because of you, then…” I showed the ‘cut throat’ gesture.

With the reptile’s established amenability, I started listening to the history lesson.

Weirdly enough, the dragon was telling a very interesting story. It surely did its best to everything I would require. After all, its own life was at stake here.

The dragon ended up a very good teacher, and I learned everything I needed. By the time I was going to sleep, I felt like I had everything I will require at the lesson.

I lied down in the bed, and closed my eyes. I went to the dreamland…

WAIT?!” I jumped up from the bed.

I forgot to prepare…” I could only tear, as I wobbled to the desk and started writing down at least some questions and tasks for the students…

After I was done, I noticed that it may not be enough and continued writing down more and more questions.

And more…

And more…

And more…


The next morning, in the classroom.

Big Sis, are you sure you don’t need to sleep?” (Mo)

I am absolutely sure…

Then can you tell me the same but with your eyes opened…?” (NJ)

I am absolutely sure…

The lesson started successfully, and I was retelling the dragon’s historyline.

… and that is how [Insert a king’s name] the Fourth became the King and established this country.

I was confidently telling everything, and even my smart sisters did not interrupt me, unlike what they usually do.

… the next ruler, [Insert another king’s name] the Second took control of the Northern lands, and united two nations under his flag. By using his…

… the union lasted until…

… Because of that the kingdom enjoyed prosperity for another century. Next is…

amd zen he ftar-te-d…

Snorting

I woke up only after the lessons ended…

Once again I failed…

1