V3 Ch 47. The treasures covered in ice
162 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The search was mostly conducted by myself.

Patricia was still lying down with her tongue on a side, and Yuriko was mostly making an appearance of activity.

I was barely making any progress, and only after I cleared all of the surrounding area of snow I managed to understand that I would have to dig deeper into the ice capes.

I used the katana as a mean of breaking the ice. It was an ungrateful work but the results showed up immediately.

There was something deep in the ice. I frantically bashed the ice, until I dug out a curved scabbard.

It was mostly made of wood, and had golden engravings around it.

As I unsheathed the contents, a snow-white Damascus steel blade showed up.

The total size of the white katana was similar to the one I use now.

I swung it for a few times, and immediately grasped that it is both lighter, and easier to handle.

Who would’ve thought…’ My ears perked, as I heard Yuriko’s murmurs.

What?

“Nothing to be concerned with, Doll.” (Y)

“It looks to me that you perfectly know what this is.” Otherwise, would she not be surprised?

“It is a blade made of Divine steel. Try cutting that stone, and you will see the answer for yourself.” I followed her advice and aimed at a large boulder.

Slash

The blade easily cut through the rock without having any difficulties. Only the clear cut remained.

I immediately checked the blade but saw no damage.

Fits like a glove…’ Now Yuriko was really amazed.

Hey, Yuriko, how strong is this blade? Can it cut through steel?

Through steel? Don’t make me laugh, Doll. It cuts through ANYTHING that is not made of Divine steel.” I grinned like a child who received the newest and coolest toy. I am this child but…

“Now then, let’s go~!” I headed to pick up Patricia, who was lying in a pool of melted ice.

The new katana will be going with me but I will not be using it until I actually meet something worthy of its cutting abilities.


I carried the girls down the mountain, and when we were at the bottom, I asked the seagulls to take us to the ship.

If I chip the deck off the ship, and freeze it, I might make a pykrete patch and make it to a port.

The seagulls immediately swarmed around us, and started leading the way.

We were heading back into the frozen sea.

For a day we were not seeing anything but ice, even though on our way were small islands.

We breathed out in relief only when we saw a couple of them.


On day two we saw something on the horizon.

It appeared to be a mast of one of the entombed whaleboats. While it is inhospitable place, at least frozen wood is more comfortable than the ice.

Coincidentally, the seagulls were leading us right there.

When we got closer to the ship, I saw that it is more of a cargo ship. It was a steam-powered transport of 1940s.

It had two high masts closer to the bow and stern, and a large superstructure in the middle. In front of the superstructure were several cranes.

I hurried to survey the entombed vessel.

It was clearly stuck in the ice and had no way of freeing itself. Moreover, it was not an icebreaker, it still had to sail at least for a day before it would reach open waters.

Some of its hull appeared to be rusty, the paint had already fallen off. It was abandoned decades ago.

The deck was empty, and only the machinery remained.

All in all, the ship was in good condition, and as long as it is freed, it will sail with no issues whatsoever. Its hull is sturdy, and it can be cut to become the patches for my ship. The equipment too is in working condition. Maybe if I tie my ship to this one, we may even be able to move.

I checked the contents of the hold and was surprised.

The hold was filled with steel sheets, steel beams, wooden planks, steam boilers, ammunition, shells, equipment. I may be able to build a ship or two just out of these materials.

Behind the superstructure there was an oil tank, fully filled with fuel for ships.

As I was checking the superstructure, I was even more surprised. The desolate outside of the ship was contrasting with the insides, which appeared like the ship is not abandoned at all. Only people were not here.


Finally, I entered the bridge.

Everything there was in pristine condition. All of the equipment reacted to the control inputs.

I tried to give the command to start the engines, and hoped that she will break out of the ice. Then we might be able to do something.

Don’t try. The ship is completely stuck.” I turned around in shock, and saw a girl dressed like a nurse.

2