V3 Ch 51. A prophetic dream
186 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If my calculations are correct, and they are, because the map says so, we must be reentering Benezian waters. We will raid a few caravans and get some gold. I want to start the torpedo production ASAP.

Before I sailed away from Fairy, I restocked the torpedoes. She is almost a hundred miles behind us, so we won’t meet again soon.

The seagulls were comfortably sitting on the ship, and painting everything white. Yuriko was meditating. Patricia was still shut in the cabin. The noises stopped, so she must’ve fallen asleep.

When I thought about falling asleep, I immediately yawned.

[The course is steady, and there are no unplanned shallows on our way. I might as well sleep for a bit.]

I went to the captain’s quarters and dived under the blanket.

The sleep overtook me, and I was ready to see some dreams.


I blinked.

I woke up at an unknown place.

I looked around and found myself in a large office. I was sitting at a desk with stacks of paper around me. In my hand was a fountain pen… But the hand was not mine.

It was large and strong, a man’s hand. I’d have such hands, if not for that truck…

Before I calmed down, I heard a knocking coming from behind a large door.

[Enter.]

Who is it? Enter.” My words turned into a man’s words. They are different but bear a similar meaning.

As if my words are translated through his mind.

The door opened, and a young man in a suit entered. He immediately knelt and bowed his head.

I brought the most urgent of news, Your Imperial Majesty. Allow this humble servant to deliver them.” I hesitated what to answer, until I decided to go with the flow.

[Tell me everything.]

“Then do tell me those news. I hope it is not related to the recent events in the colonies?

“As you wish, Your Imperial Majesty. The recent envoy we sent to an islander nation beyond the sea has returned. The barbarians had cut off his tongue and his hands…” The young man gulped.

[What?]

Was this confirmed to happen because of the backwater nation?” The voice echoed in the room, making the young man pale.

Yes… The islanders declared that they sever all ties with us and will sink any ship that crosses the Abysmo. We know it only through the ship that delivered our envoy back. They said it was because he assassinated their chieftain.” I thought for a moment.

[Then what are we going to do?]

I see. Perhaps… Hm. Chanciller, do tell me what is on your mind.”

I am unworthy.” The young man bowed.

[Maybe you have ideas?]

“I am always curious to know what my subjects think. Maybe your bright head can give me an inspiration.

“I am most honored by Your Imperial Majesty’s words. This humble servant believes that the backwater nation should be taught a lesson. It would suffice to send a fleet, and turn them into our colony.” The young man proudly declared.

[Why colony?]

We may require new lands, but why should we bother ourselves with keeping the backwaters in our fold?”

May this humble servant remind You, that the entire supply of cristal is imported from the islanders? If the supply runs out, the nobles will be the most displeased.” The young man knelt.

[Why is ‘cristal’ so important?]

Have we not yet invented the methods of refining cristal on our own?

I am ashamed to report that neither of our factories and artisans managed to replicate, or at least approach the quality of Benezian cristal. The tableware and glass from beyond the Abysmo are required for our economy…Wait, those idiots really…

[If this is…]

[No way, it is the West?!]

My brain boiled but on the outside it only appeared that the man I possess was thinking.

[Will it actually be helpful to send a fleet…?]

Do you think that a fleet would be able to resolve the stalemate we face…?

I am unqualified to answer this… If Your Imperial Majesty orders, the fleet will achieve anything you command. If You wish for other means, our diplomats are ready to board a warship, and make the islanders kneel to Your Imperial Majesty’s will.” The young man knelt too, and waited for my answer.

[Should I… ‘sweeten’ Benezio’s life…?]

Should KN order for a Western fleet to be sent? (It will have consequences).
  • Tell to send a fleet. Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Don't send a fleet. Votes: 5 62.5%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Aug 15, 2021 09:03 AM.
1