V3 Ch 53. Maritime fun
146 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During our little raiding we dealt a slight blow to Benezian maritime trade, and now we are short on fuel.

Fairy was directed to the pirates’ main base, and we will reunite with her there.

We have some time to relax, and we might as well use it.

Are you sure Fairy will make it to the base?” (P)

“She will. My turn~.

Don’t you dare touching my knight!” Before she finished shouting, my rook captured her last knight. Now I had a clear way to the king.

Move your rook here.’ (Y)

Hey! Don’t advise her!

“Sorry, Doll, it’s nothing personal.” Yuriko shamelessly shrugged her shoulders and continued whispering to Patricia.

Check~.” I started sweating.

The situation was not hopeless but the problem is that the sly woman abused an opening immediately.

Do you think Alba will be angry, because we did nothing of what she asked?

“Mother won’t be angry, if she sees what we picked up.” (P)

If you say so. Check.”

Move…’ (Y)

No advising! Wait for your turn, will you?” Yuriko gave me a smile, which can only mean that she doesn’t care. I started humming loudly, which made her whispers barely reach Patricia’s ear.


The game continued, and my opponent(s) was approaching the demise.

I found it weird that there was a chessboard left in one of the cabins but now I find it weird that Yuriko knows the rules, even though she shouldn’t have any knowledge.

Hm…” Patricia rested her head on the table, and stared at my figures. It was already the end, and some players might even consider surrendering.

Yuriko whispered something, and Patricia continued the struggle.

The offensive was already impossible, so they were countering the checks.

Why are we turning?” (P)

“There is a couple of ships nearby. I’ll sail to loot them.”

Ah, I see. WAIT! Please, don’t do it…!” (P)

How about I wash the dishes…? Just don’t move the rook there…?’ (Y)

The two of them looked at me with puppy eyes.

We’ll have a good amount of food later~.” Yuriko sighed and accepted the deal. I did not end the game with checkmate right now.

We’ve lost…” The game ended a couple of turns later.

We stretched, and picked up the swords. After we extort the ships, we will sail around to find some seafood. A kraken would be preferable.


The merchants preferred to share their wealth, and were let go peacefully.

On the other hand, the search for the food was not going smoothly.

I’m almost bingo…

Wait, we’re playing bingo?” (P)

“No, it’s the term for when your fuel supplies are enough to reach the destination, and you have some spare in case of an emergency. Unless we find a prey, we will have to fish. You know what it would mean. The seagulls…

A prey was not caught, and after we sailed around for a bit more, I set sail to the pirate base. Even on our way there we were not encountering signals. No food source was available, so we ended up fishing.

CA-CA-CA!

The entire flock was in the air. Right when the fish was leaving the water, the bastard birds were catching it midair.

COME ON?! JUST LET US CATCH SOMETHING, YOU LAZY…!

“These children became so dependent on you. What a commendable owner you are. Please, do remember that they are your responsibility now.” Yuriko said so with indifferent face, as if she was mentoring me. However, we all knew that she just pushed the seagulls’ feeding on me.

Why me?! Aren’t they your children?!

“If you love somebody, one day you have to be prepared to let them go… Like a mother letting go of her children, when they establish their own families, I…” (Y)

"Bulls* me…?

That too…” Yuriko glanced away.

Ping

Oh…” A devilish smile appeared on my face.

Ping

We are turning, girls~.” They gripped to the railings, as I did a sharp turn.

As the ship passed over the signal, I released the depth charges on the stern.

Splash

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

The signal did not disappear, so I did another pass.

Splash

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

One of the charges exploded near the target, and soon something emerged from the sea.

Wood…?

Did we really…?” (P)

Oh, those guys…” I facepalmed.

My hopes for a good dinner ended up being a submarine…

3