V3 Ch 94. Forming the dream team
119 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fox girl suddenly smiled.

Her smiled sent shivers down my spine, and possibly not only mine. It was the same smile Veronica used.

“I am the one who guided this silly girl all this time.” Yuri stopped freaking us out with the smile, and returned her apathetic expression.

This doesn’t answer my question.” (P)

I have no obligation of answering.” (Y)

While Patricia was slowly starting to boil, somebody knocked.

“Enter.” Alba signed to stop the useless argument.

The door opened, and Emmanuel stepped in.

“I am back. I would like to discuss the compensation for losing our… Who is this…? That is the first time I see this person.” The man stopped right after seeing Yuri, and immediately stared at the girl’s tails.

“It is our first time too. Perhaps not Kuronami’s, however.” Alba noticed the tails too.

Yuri possessed a trait, unusual for fox girls. She has three tails.

“No. We all met her.” Yuriko stepped forward, so did Yuri.

"Erhm...?" Everybody was surprised.

The two Lilies looked at each other calmly. Then Yuriko started walking around the girl.

She is just a child?” (Yko)

Only to you.” Yuri brushed off her words.

Does it mean anything important?” Yuriko surprised me by this question.

Hey, guys! We are lost here!” Patricia’s shout returned them to this perishable earth.

“I am Yuri. I was tasked with…” The fox girl retold the short version of the world’s story.


As one would expect, few believed her.

Don’t make me laugh! As if that monster would be a hero!” (A)

What a foolish superstitious story! We explored everything, and we know that…!” (E)

How about you ask that stupid kid?” Yuri pointed at me.

[I’ll get you one day, got it?]

I silently clenched my fists.

Everyone looked at me, except for Yuriko.

“I think she says truth. Let’s sort through the facts: we have a ridiculously powerful Veronica over there.” I pointed at the silently standing girl.

Alba, was she always strong?

Yes. Since her birth she was a demon spawn, no less.” (A)

Can either of you, mother and daughter, tell me if she was ‘crazy’ right from the start?” They both looked away, and pretended not to hear.

No…’ Patricia murmured.

She was supposed to be the good guy, right?” I looked at Yuri. She confirmed it with a nod.

“Next, we have a failure of a god.” The usually calm woman was infuriated.

I. Am. Not. A. Failure.Since she did not deny…

“Finally, we have a load of monsters all over the seas. And we’ve seen ridiculously huge things in the Abyss.” Once again, nobody denied.

“I don’t know about you but I feel like we’ve got the entire kit required to believe this story.” I nodded to Yuri.

“Believing me is up to you. Most of the subjugation would be done by the hero, since the Demon king is supposed to be defeated by her.” (Y)

And then what?!” (A)

Then everything will follow the destined route.” I felt like she missed the point.

Destined, ha? I would rather fight monsters, than have a forever resurrecting wicked being, like demons, or this thing.” Alba turned away, and returned to paperwork.

“I too find it stupid.” Patricia joined her mother.

“It sounds too dubious. Sorry but I will not be calling for help.” Emmanuel leaned on a wall.

“It looks like it will be the four of us, then.” Yuriko sighed, and approached me so close, that she kissed my ear.

Sorry for not telling about this. I did not think there would be a hero born before my death.’ Then she stood behind my back and rested on my back.

Stare

I felt murderous intent from my side.

When I glanced there, I saw Patricia drilling us with a glare. Veronica too was paying attention, even though she was passive all the time.

Alba tugged the girl closer and very quietly whispered something. With every second of whispering, Patricia’s face was becoming redder.

Then Alba patted Patricia’s shoulder, and pushed her to me.

W-well, it can’t be helped that you will require my help. I am doing it only because you are going to risk your life, and since we are already used to working together, I will do it for your sake.” (P)

“I am happy to have you aboard. I like you very much.” The girl’s face turned crimson.

STARE

Veronica emitted such a murderous intent that I wondered if we can stop her if she is unleashed.

Pom

However, Yuri stopped the girl with a single clap.

[Well, I might think about adding second girl to my harem.]

Should KN try 'seducting' Veronica?
  • Veronica is broken down, and will be a nuisance. Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Veronica already showed a lot of interest in KN, so why not? Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Better try it with Yuriko. Votes: 1 12.5%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Nov 16, 2021 07:04 AM.
1