Epilogue 2. A dauntless little kitsune
167 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I swiftly tapped on the aircraft carrier, and then the light faded.

I found myself somewhere in the crazy cartoon world of hers.

The feelings of fox ears and tails I grew used to returned. As well as the awkwardness of handling the naginata.

Akagi-sama was 10 meters away from me. The loli had nothing in her hands, aside from her flute.

I took a stance, and prepared.

“As foolish, as ever. You are yet to deserve fighting this indomitable Akagi-sama. Yuri!” She called out to her side, and through suddenly appeared torii gates walked Yuri.

Onee-sama?” The fox girl looked questioningly at Akagi-sama.

“Fight this idiot. At least it should appear to be fun.” She turned around, and headed to a pedestal with a bunch of pillows there. However, Akagi-sama suddenly looked back.

Coming to think of it, it would be a shame if you were to get hurt.” The loli kitsune took a bamboo sword out of nowhere. Then she threw it to me.

“That is much better.” With a sense of accomplishment, she returned to walking.

W-wait a moment?! Why am I the only one getting a bamboo sword?!” I saw how Yuri prepared the naginata, and was clearly about to chop me for a stew.

Akagi-sama dived into a pile of pillows, and when she finally settled in a pose, she answered.

“It would be bad if my cute little sister was to be hurt. You, on the other hand…” She gave a signal to Yuri, and when the girl nodded, the goddess started playing a melody.

Phew

With the first notes, Yuri charged at me, and almost cut me in half.

The fox girl’s attack couldn’t connect, for now. Hence, the legal loli didn’t even open her eyes to look at us.

HA! HA!” I tried hitting Yuri with the bamboo sword but… Well, at least I was not tripping.

[Wait a moment? I’ve got armor, don’t I?]

PING

I stopped the naginata’s blade with my arm, and when Yuri’s pace was screwed, I counterattacked.

Ugh!” I hit the girl in her belly, and finally earned a squint of Akagi-sama’s eye.

HA!” Yuri became agitated, and started relentlessly attacking.

The thrusts of her naginata were becoming faster and faster. My evasion, on the other hand, was a problem.

I barely managed to increase the distance between us, before Yuri’s thrusts turned into a jackhammer attacks. I could clearly tell that I lost some HP, despite my armor.

How about we talk this through?

PING

Talk less!” (Y)

Yuri was not letting me approach her. She kept me at distance, so that I would have no chances of approaching too close, where the naginata couldn’t hit me.

Seriously?! This isn’t fair, you know?!

Is there anything fair in fighting?” The loli kitsune only nodded.

Come on, the rules are…!

PING-PING-PING

LET ME FINISH AT LEAST!

SMASH

The blade pierced my shoulder.

DAMN IT!” I leaped back as far, as I could. I was losing any advantage I could have.

Rested? Let’s continue!” Yuri charged at me, and with every attack she was pushing me further into an imaginary corner.

The entire battlefield was a huge stone plate, in the middle of a flattened mountain peak. The only corner it would have is the end of the ground.

Still, I had no plans of falling down. Not when my life is at stake.

Sorry, my turn!

When Yuri somehow slowed down because of the naginata’s pole interfering with her moves, I managed to evade her attack, and push forward. I scored a hit on the girl’s shoulder.

And we have a winner!” I exclaimed, as the bamboo sword landed on top of Yuri’s head.

Kya?!” The fox girl looked at me with contempt, and patted the bump on her head.

After I landed a good hit, Akagi-sama stopped playing her melody, and started playing something else.

With the first notes of the melody, I saw something obnoxious.

A warrior climbed out through a rift in the stone’s surface.

The warrior was wearing a golden samurai armor, and his face was covered by a menpo [facial armor].

He immediately drew a katana, and charged at me.

Should the MC change ship? (Each can only be chosen once!)
  • IJN Kuronami - good melee stats and speed. Votes: 1 20.0%
  • IJN Fuji - the luck is yet to run out. (Current ship) Votes: 1 20.0%
  • HMS Delight - bad at melee but is sturdy. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HMS Princess Patricia - best at melee but slow as lying brick. Votes: 3 60.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Dec 4, 2021 01:29 PM.
2