E12: The Secrets Unravel
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 12th, 2014 (12:04 pm)

“So, yet another match has ended with a win of Zack’s team,” Mr. Willey said on mike. “No doubt why this teams is on the first place at the tournament chart.”

“Yep, they’ve given quite good performances in the tournament and continue to do so with yet another win in today’s swimming game. Maybe the team is gonna win the tournament.”

“Yeah, but Daniel’s team is very successful in giving them a tough fight and making things harder for them. Especially Roan, the heart of the team and mastermind behind many wins.”

“Still, we needa admit that they are the second-placers and runner-ups,” Mr. Fredrick said. “Although they can emerge at any time, isn’t it?”

“Yes we can’t expect anything just yet. Two weeks are still there for the competition to end and till the end of the month, we can very well get our selected cadets.”

“Yeah, absolutely correct Mr. Willey.”

 

Zack took on his costume after the match and was inside the dugout, watching towards Olivia and Miley in the stands. Harry was still in the rest-room changing his clothes. Olivia was cheering gleefully and clapping for the team’s win. She had a wide grin on her face. Zack also smiled watching her enthusiastically cheering and waved at her. But suddenly, he noticed Miley giving some hand expressions to someone on the dugout. He turned his head right and saw Adam, standing at some ten to fifteen meters away from him outside the dugout, replying to the hand gestures through some hand gestures of his own. He was a kinda shocked by the incident. “They were fighting with each other till yesterday, isn’t it?” Zack thought. He turned towards Miley again with a sense of shock. His eyes had turned wider. He looked at Adam again whose hand gestures confirmed his eyes. He thought, “Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ve a great feeling that they’re tryna hide something.” He suddenly looked again at Olivia, who gave a hand gesture of “What?” He shook his hand to say “Nothing” and turned his head away backwards.

Olivia was confused. “Why’s he acting so strange?” She thought.

Zack opened the door of the dugout, which was in his front, and walked towards Adam thinking, “It’s gonna get confirmed.”

Harry came out of the restroom and was walking towards the dugout.

Adam heard the steps of someone coming from the left and turned towards him. Zack, to whom those footsteps belonged, stood in front of him with hands in his pants’ pockets. Adam asked Zack, “Hey, you go forward, Imma join y’all later.”

“Uh… okay,” Zack hesitantly replied. Adam advanced towards the left, on the direction from where Zack came, and advanced forward. He saw Miley also walking towards the same direction. He saw Harry coming from the front. He suddenly stopped him and whispered in his ears, “Hey, Harry, please follow Adam for me.”

“But why?” Harry asked. He was confused as to why his team leader would ask him for such a strange favor.

“Just do it for now, Harry. Imma tell you the reason later, ‘kay?” Zack replied.

“But—”

“See, I got no time,” Zack angrily said. “Ads is running away, and it’s the only way to confirm it!” Zack angrily whispered.

“Confirm wha—”

“Please, Harry!” Zack angrily replied and pushed him behind himself towards Adam. Without much questions, Harry started to follow Adam. In the meantime, he ran towards the stands. The stands were covered with the wire-mesh at all the directions, so Zack thought of climbing it to get over. He ran towards the wire mesh and jump upwards. It was ten-fifteen feet tall so he caught hold of the wire between the inter-locks of the mesh. The guards, who were standing in a distance, heard the mesh’s sound and ran towards the spot where a team-leader was climbing. They tried to get hold of Zack but he was already out of their reach. On top of the mesh, Zack first transferred his legs on the other side and then jumped in the stands. Then, he started to climb the staircase at the center. Olivia, who suddenly saw him coming from behind, asked him, “W-What happen—”

“Sorry, got no time to explain!” Zack cut her in between and continued to run. He turned left and saw Miley speedily moving towards the exit at the end, and dashed towards it. She was some hundred meters away from him. She turned left inside the ‘exit’ area and disappeared from Zack’s view. She was going downwards. Zack, after some ten to twenty meters away, also entered the ‘exit’ area which was not painted and barren mortar was seen covering the brown bricks. He turned left and saw that the stairs were going both upwards and downwards. He turned and took the upwards one, where majority of the people were going. “It’s lunch break and that’s why so many people are there, or I must’ve caught Miley by now!” Zack thought.

 

Harry, on the other hand, was not giving a single chance to Adam to run away from his sight. Adam didn’t even know that Harry was following him. “Mr. Zack has a hunch that something is goin’ on with Ads, and indeed from the past weeks he was behaving differently. Maybe something’s on, but I never expected Ads to change like this. But, is Zack really correct or both of us are having a bad intuition?” Harry thought while following Adam. Adam was acting a kinda serious than usual while walking. He tilted his head towards the stands and looked at the people advancing towards the exit. After some seconds, he also entered the section and turned right upwards. Harry continued following him by stealthily keeping his feet on the ground while walking. Adam saw more people entering the staircase on the first floor and continued walking upwards. He stopped on the second floor and met Miley. “What’s Miley doin’ over here?” Harry thought and stopped at a distance. He saw them talking for a few seconds and then turning leftwards. Harry saw their movements and continued following them. He saw that there was a completely empty room which was painted white like the staircase. The duo entered the room and stood facing each other beside the door-frame and started whispering very slowly. Harry, who was beside the door-frame on the other side to that of Adam and Miley, secretly started hearing their talks.

“So?” Miley whispered first.

“Sorry but, I think I’m yet not—”

“Why the fuck do you think y’are not ready?!” Miley angrily whispered. “Then why did ya join the organization?!”

At this sentence, Harry’s eyes turned wide in shock as he was trying his best to believe his ears. “W-Which organization? I-Is she talking a-about th-that organization wh-which was responsible f-for the kidnapping?” Harry thought. He was having goosebumps as he continued hearing to them.

 

On the other hand, Zack was at the end of the stairway and there was only the ceiling upwards, with some small stairways connecting the floor to the ceiling, which had small opening covered with a wooden plank. Zack took the first one, which was empty, and found ladders to climb up. He got hold of the first one and started climbing upwards. When he was upwards enough, he started to use his feet for balancing on the ladder and climbing upwards without much efforts. Zack climbed for a few seconds and started thinking, “I may have already lost her, but what if God is with me and I’m on the correct path?” It gave him courage to advance forward. So, he continued climbing forward inside the dungeon-like area full of cobwebs. Suddenly, he saw that the ladders were over and he was inside a tunnel. He saw another ladder on a distance of twenty meters and advanced towards it. He started climbing again on the ladders. The same cobwebs followed. After some minutes, which actually seemed like an eternity due to awkward silence, he saw another wooden plank connected to hinges. He pushed the plank and saw the rays of Sun. He climbed upwards on the ground and found himself sitting on soil with small grass vegetation. He found that the size of the grass at a distance was bigger and they were a part of the forest. On the other side, he saw a road which was empty. Not even a single human, car or even bus was to be seen. “W-Where am I?” Zack thought, scratching his head. He started to stand up and said, “Oh no! What the hell man! I-I lost Miley. Now only Harry can tell me what’s goin’ on at the Adam’s side. B-But, it was my fault that I tried to unravel two secrets at once. M-Maybe both the two won’t unravel now. Shit man!”

 

“See, I know what I’m asking for is too lame, but please give me some more time. I-I needa—”

“‘I needa stop thinking of Zack as a friend anymore and try to hate him more.’ That’s the same lame excuse you made a week ago.” Then, Miley continued in a louder tone, “C’mon, Adam! It’s the right time! Just take the pistol and shoot that asshole!”

“See, I-I’m new to all this killing thingy. Can’t you do it?” Adam asked her favor.

“Oof!” Miley sighed and face-palmed. “See, Adam, listen to me clearly. This test is gonna decide if y’are eligible for being the part of Xavier Group or not. So, either y’are doin’ it before the competition ends or Imma kill ya!”

“W-Why kill me?” Adam was scared.

“’Cuz ya know about our group and the ones even knowing our group’s smallest information has to die, unless he/she ain’t part of the group. That’s what our rule-book say, ‘kay?” Miley explained him. “So either y’are gonna do it fast or end up on your life, ‘kay?”

“Um… Okay I will,” Adam hesitantly replied. Hearing that, Miley turned around and left the room. Harry lighted a cigarette and started smoking by tilting his head down. She didn’t bother seeing towards the man smoking beside the entrance.

Adam also came out of the room. But, he glared at the man smoking. His face was not visible. “I think I’ve seen it before,” He thought and continued towards the staircase.

“Phew!” Harry exhaled a sigh of relief after the two were gone. But, his subconscious mind started talking a few minutes later. “S-So that was Miley who planned the kidnapping and the chaos goin’ on!” But, he was still in complete shocked at the two.

 

March 12th, 2014 (11:45 pm)

Later that day, Harry ringed the doorbell angrily. After receiving no response on waiting for some second, he ringed the doorbell again several times to make the one inside hear. Adam opened the door and asked, “Yes?” He was in his night-suit which consisted of a black pajama and white t-shirt. His hairs were also not set, nor were his eyes opened completely, because he was sleeping soundly in his bed. He opened his eyes and focused on the man standing on the door. “Oh, y’are Harry!” He yelled. “What forced you to ring my doorbell at this point of time?”

“Well, I needa talk on an urgent matter, Ads,” Harry told him coldly.

“I don’t entertain people at this point of time, Harry. Please, lemme sleep,” Adam replied and started to close the door.

Harry stopped him from closing the door by keeping his shoe in between the door and door-frame. He coldly replied, “It’s ‘bout Miley and Xavier’s Group. Ya still don’t wanna entertain me?”

Adam sighed and tilted his head downwards. His hair covered his eyes as he coldly replied, “Oh why not? It’s a whole new atmosphere now!”

0