E26: Deal
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

March 17th, 2014 (2:01 pm)

“So, how was your day, huh?” Lionel said while opened the gate of the cell. The cell made a crackling sound as Lionel pushed it sideways and entered the cell. “I hope it was a good one for you.”

At the right corner of the cell, emerged a hand from the darkness. The hands advanced further by dragging the body behind. After the hand came an arm, which was soaked with red patches of blood. And, suddenly came out the face, with only the black hair visible. The man turned his head upwards, and asked, “W-Why are you—”

“’Cuz you killed James!” Lionel angrily said. He had an exaggerated frown and his eyes were wide and red due to anger. “You’re the killer of James, ZACK WILL!”

“I-I’m trying to tell you, Lionel. I didn’t kill him; it was a suicide,” Zack dejectedly replied. “How should I put this up? I’ve even told you the theft and all was just a test and—”

“I’M TIRED OF YOUR SHIT TALKS!” Lionel said angrily as he crouched down in front of him. “See, I know what’s the difference between what’s true and what’s not!” Zack shook his head in pain a he continued, “Even Mr. Johnson has declined your claim, Zack. How much are a gonna rely on this shit, huh? The date is coming next week, be prepared.”

Lionel stood up, turned back and started walking away when Zack commented, “See, the date reminds me that it’s my right not to be beaten here.”

With an evil smile, he turned his head back and said, “Ya wanna die? You’ve already spoken too much of untruth here, it won’t matter if you say it once more, for us, right?” Zack exhaled a deep breath and Lionel knew it was his ‘yes’. “Okay, then. It’s decided.” He turned his head back towards the gate and walked away. The guard, while humming a song, took out a key after Lionel exited and pulled the gate towards himself calmly. Suddenly, he looked inside the cell and saw a punch flying towards himself. Next, he fainted. Zack opened the cell with a bang and walked outside. He turned left towards Lionel, who turned back and saw the red angry face of Zack. His eyes were thinner and more slender than before. “See, what y’are doin’ is against the fucking Constitution! You can make Zack stay silent and fucking bear for your torture, but I ain’t Zack, Lionel! I’M JAKE, JAKE WILLSON! I’m the real ZACK!”

“What?” Lionel was confused. “D’ya have some split-personality thingey?”

Zack held his hand tight and scratched his hair. “AAH!” Zack screamed in pain. “It’s not the right time, Jake! PLEASEEEEEE!!”

“W-What the hell is on with—” Lionel walked towards him while raising  his hand in his front.

“AAAAH!!” Zack screamed again, in a lot louder and heavier tone this time. “Someone, please help MEEEEEEEE!!”

“Rob, go call an ambulance!” Lionel commanded the guard. The guard, Rob, saluted and walked away. “HURRY, ROB!” He screamed at him. Rob started running towards the exit rather than walking. Then, he again turned towards Zack and worriedly asked, “Wanna get a glass of water?”

“Well,” Zack turned his head upwards towards him and watched him in a heinous and evil way. “Y’are gonna need a fucking glass of water, you motherfucker!”

Lionel started walking back while glaring at Zack walking towards him. He was scared to the core and his eyes were wide. “See, Zack—”

“ENOUGH WITH YOUR CHIT-CHAT, LIONEL!” Zack screamed in anger. Zack started closing his fist slowly, and the cracks of fingers echoed as he closed his fist dominantly. “YOU TORTURED ME A LOT, NOW Y’ARE GONNA PAY FOR YOUR SINS, LIONEL!”

“See, Zack—” Lionel stopped his sentence in between as he looked behind the monster Jake. Seven policemen were aiming their pistols on Zack. Zack noticed the horror in Lionel’s eyes and turned behind.

“Surrender, Zack Will. Or, Imma shoot you right here,” One of them said. He got a stronger hold on the handle of the pistol and gulped.

“Well, this is getting complicated,” Zack commented. “I think Imma take care of this.” He pointed towards a camera which was hung on the wall just on top of the policemen and said, “Well, it’s recording that I was beaten to the pulp here, and that’s why I’m aggressive. So, not just me or Lionel, the whole shit police-station is gonna be fired.” All the policemen were now afraid of being fired. They were hesitating to shoot him. Their arms were also trembling. So, most of them took their pistols down. Their leader looked at both the sides and said shockingly, “What? He can’t do that! The recording’s with us, and we can literally destroy it anytime!”

“It’s not with you anymore, whatever-your-name-is,” Zack angrily told him. “Your whole… and I mean whole… system is hacked!” The policemen were shocked.

“H-Hey, Robert, it-it ain’t true, brother!” Lionel shockingly told Robert, the one who was leading the six other policemen.

“B-But what if what he’s saying’ is true?” One of the policemen beside Robert said. “I-I remember, he also hacked the computers last time and deleted the footage of his escape and all.”

“Oh, yes,” Robert replied. His eyes widened as he asked, “So, whaddya want from us?”

“I… um… want my freedom,” Zack childishly replied. “Lemme go and I’ll delete the footage again!”

“Deal?” Robert asked.

“What?!” Lionel shockingly asked. “Ya really believe this guy?”

“Well, I know I’ve got some mood-swing’s problems, but that won’t be a problem,” Zack replied. “The footage will be deleted, but will be later used for some bargaining and stuff, I suppose.” Robert looked at him shockingly as Zack continued, “But, I personally don’t wanna stretch it further. And as for the footage where Scott committed suicide, you’ll get it by tomorrow.”

“Wha—”

“Don’t worry, I will obtain your email myself.” Zack turned towards Robert and replied, “Yeah, it’s a deal.”

“But what’s the guarantee that you won’t break the deal?” Lionel asked.

Zack turned towards him and shrugged. “No guarantee, brother. You just need to believe, that’s it.”

“Really, you think—” Lionel tried to argue that, but he was cut in between by Robert.

“Let it be, Lionel, let it be.”

“Robert, do you really—”

“We’re in no situation to handle the spies of Secret Agency of Investigation. Plus, I wanna end it here, so that no one meets Scott so soon,” Robert explained.

“Oof! Okay!” Lionel agreed at last. Zack gave an evil smile as he walked towards the exit behind Lionel. He went past Lionel, with his eyes covered by shadow of his hairs, and whispered in Lionel’s ears, “I can’t be so sure, ‘cuz I ain’t Zack Will. His name is more menacing, but I’m more menacing as a character, bro.” Lionel’s eyes widened in shock as he turned back and saw Zack dominantly leaving the jail.

“I just hope everything’s all right,” Robert thought.

“I just hope I could have avenged Scott’s death,” Louis thought. “Mr. Robert is my senior, and I can’t disobey his orders. If he’s afraid of Zack, there must be something about him that Robert has noticed.”

“Zack’s very, very weak. He needa learn more for the time being,” Zack thought. “Plus, I needa find Xavier and Jean. I’m yet to avenge my mom’s death. And it’s still not a good time to tell Zack about him.”

Zack opened the door at the end of the corridor and walked out. He was again in the same emergency stairs. He walked towards the stairs on the left and descended down. “Can’t digest they didn’t even give up a fight. But, if y’are surrounded by cams which are against you, you can do nothing but surrender. I played a perfect trick yet again.” While descending, he took out his phone from the pocket and dialed a number. Then, he kept his phone under his ear and waited for someone to pick it up.

“Yo! Out of the cell?”

“Yep, Ads. Our Plan-B was perfect!” Zack happily replied.

“Hey, your voice is a kinda heavier. Are ya okay?” Adam worriedly asked. “Did they torture you?”

“Yeah, my shirt’s all red due to the torture, but it’s not a problem. By the way, have you reinterpreted the footages and obtained them?”

“Yeah, I got ‘em, especially the one where Scott is seen shooting himself,” Adam replied while looking at his laptop. He was on his sofa with laptop on his lap.

“Great, then just send the video clipping to Lionel. You would have seen why. Plus, make sure that Lionel gets that footage. Or else, he’s not gonna spare me. We needa end all this up now. We’re gonna use Plan-C if this doesn’t work out and police still follows up, ‘kay?”

“I’d actually like it better if we move to Plan-C. I wanna see how those bombs look like when they explode!”

“Yeah, blasting the whole police station would be fun, but I don’t think it’d actually solve our problem. Robert, Lionel, Louis— we just needa kill ‘em off. Why destroy the whole station anyways?”

“Yeah I know, but it’d end our problem in a simpler way. And since y’are also out, I don’t see many reasons why I can’t do that.”

Zack was just about to reply when the phone suddenly slipped off his hands. Then, he held his head tight again. It was like he was hearing a loud and painful noise. He was unable to hear anything and his brain and ears were gone numb. He crouched because he was unable to stand up due to the pain. He suddenly tripped left and rolled down the stairs. He was already badly hurt due to the torture, and now the whole body was in pain again. But, he didn’t get the time to pay much attention, because his head was already in intense pain. “AAARGH!” He screamed. All of his hairs were out of shape because how hard he held his hairs and scratched them.

Adam was watching it all from his laptop. He was confused and shocked. “W-What the hell is… Wait, was-was the one I just talked to… was it the other Zack?”

Suddenly, Zack felt no more pain, no more numbness. He opened his eyes, turned his eyes here and there, and lifted himself up though his hands. While half lying, he thought, “Jake… He-He helped me. Maybe he’s not that heartless.” Suddenly, he heard his phone ringing. He took his phone out of his pocket again and replied, “Yes, Ads.”

“W-What was that? A-Are you alright?”

Zack noticed the worry in his tone. “Maybe he’s worried about me,” He thought. Then, he replied, “I-I’m alright, Ads. I’m coming back, and in the meantime, do what I said.”

“Um, okay,” Adam hung up the call and went back to clicking buttons on his laptop.

 

“I still can’t believe that you just let him go!” Lionel angrily told Robert. “Sir, you-you’re so brave! How can you—”

“See, I can understand your anger. But, you’re young. I’m fifty, and experienced. I’ve seen SAI’s men before. They’re not the typical thieves or assassins you see everywhere in London. They’re very experienced. SAI itself is like a militia, and this militia is far more dangerous than the official military of a usual country. Mr. Johnson is a great man, and the way the trainees are taught there is far more different than here. The training is more relaxing, but far more difficult and tense. The test they give are just beyond our imagination, and as I expect, this is one of their test, and they can do anything to complete it. I hope you understand, son.”

“Sir, I don’t care if it’s their test or not, all I care for now is that they came out stronger than us. And, it’s a shame for the whole nation, ain’t it?”

“Is it? No, absolutely not.  Can never beat the military, right? It’s because we were never trained to do so,” Robert calmly explained Lionel. “That man, who just walked by your side, was like a part of the intelligence of the military, got it? The play was never ours, so why regret losing it?”

Lionel sighed and turned his head down. Robert patted his shoulder as he moved past him. He whispered, “I hope you understand it, Lionel. We lost, ‘cause we were destined to lose.”

“Could not have we changed this destiny?” Lionel asked in a low but heavy tone. He was crying inside, and it was visible in his tone. “C-Could not have we changed the destiny? The destiny is what we make it, so could not have we made our destiny ourselves?”

“They were the ones to write it, right from the start,” Robert turned back towards him and replied. “We tried snatching the pen, but we couldn’t. Enjoy, ‘cause it’s literally the best fight in the London Police Department’s history that we’ve given to SAI’s men.”

“Enjoy your loss, right?”

“It’s not a loss, Lionel. It’s a draw. They had a deal with us. A deal means that both had their share of benefits, and no one lost.”

“Well, then I’d rather say it was a shameful draw, and a headless deal.”

Robert patted his shoulder again and replied, “See, I understand—”

Lionel turned back, throwing off his hand, and while directly looking in his eyes, yelled, “What’re ya gonna do if they break the deal and we still lose our jobs?! Ever thought about that?”

Robert saw the tears in his eyes, and exhaled a deep breath. Then he replied, “No, they won’t, ‘cause they forgot that we always back-up our footage. So, even we can use it against ‘em.”

“Wha—”

“Now end this up, ‘kay?” Robert rudely cut his sentence, turned back towards the door, and left away. Lionel saw him with his tearful eyes, and then started following him. Suddenly, his phone started to ring as he took it out. The phone was hung the second he took it out. Then, he looked at a message from a ‘Secret Number’. He clicked on it, and saw that a video was sent through the number. He clicked on the video, and saw Scott aiming the pistol towards his head, while speaking something, and pulling the trigger. Shocked and shattered, Lionel stood there silently in the dark eerie place.

 

0