Power Up 1
311 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.



In the branches of a tree not far away was a little bird who looked constantly around for his next meal. His small head moved all around and his beady eyes caught everything, but surprisingly he decided to land his sights on part of the forest that had nothing in peculiar.


In the forest a white flash of light could be seen, but not by any human or animal eyes, but the sudden flash of light seemed to have scared the little bird and he flew away , flapping his wings as fast as he could. Even though the bird didn't see the light with his eyes  his senses had warned him of danger.


*Chirp chirp chirp*

........


"I'm back again!"

In the spot where the bird had been previously staring at, a teenager appeared out nowhere. He was tighly holding a phone in his hand while looking at his surroundings with caution , but relaxed after he saw nothing of concern.


'This time it was a successful expedition. I gained some good stuff. I managed to get a good amount of Gold and XP, though the amount of mana  shards I gained seems to have  decreased. Although I managed to kill 11 slimes in total the number of mana shards I managed to gain was only three. I wonder if that's got something to do with the tutorial?

Also, the time in the dungeon seems to be in line with the time on the outside."

The teenager that just appeared started to talk out loud with himself as no one was near him. It was weird to see someone talking to himself.

" INVENTORY."


A black hole appeared in front of his face and he pulled out a shotgun from it. He looked at the shotgun closely for a while and nodded his head in satisfaction.

"I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to retrieve the shotgun anymore , but seems I was worried for nothing.
 Hehe, I really don't know what I would have said to grandpa if really couldn't retrieve it.

Anyway, it's time to put those attribute points I gained to good use."

After saying that he turned back and continued through the forest slowly while humming a little song.

.....

After 10 minutes he arrived at his new dwelling and lightly knocked on the front door.

*Tak Tak*

"Grandma it's me Jack. I came back earlier than expected."

Jack entered an old, wooden , but well maintained house. This house was his paternal grandparents house that his grandpa had built himself from the ground up.The house was not that big , but for the two old-timers who were living the rest of their years here,  it was a relaxing  and quiet place.

"Little Jack , you've come early. I didn't hear you coming in."

As he entered the house he saw his grandma who was sitting on the living rooms sofa watching some random telenovela . 

"I knocked, but you didn't answer."

"Hmmm, what did you say?"

"Nevermind, I just said that it seems that things are getting interesting."

Jack ended the conversation short and took a good look at his grandmother.She had silver curly hair, brow eyes and a sweet calming smile. Her face was filled with little wrinkles and a little  chubbier In contrast with her body, but that only made look more like the model old lady who cooked the best cookies you ever had and when you asked her how she made them taste so good she would answer with: Lots and lots of love. 

"Is your little exploration over?"

"Yeah , finished my business ahead of time, so I'm just going to relax for now."

"Business, what business would you have here of all places? Around here there is nothing to do except if you went into town and I doubt that you walked that far as the car was taken by your grandfather.

Did you meet with a girl in the woods? Did you do it yet?"

"Grandma....

"Oh don't be shy, you young people today are doing it everywhere now days."

"That's not true! Well, there is some.... nevermind!

Anyway, what made you believe such thing.  Did you watch it in one of your telenovelas?"

"No, the others at the hair salon were all talking about it and  sometimes they we also talk the stories of our  youthful amorous adventures."

Jack's whole body shook. The last sentence horrified him and he tried to convince himself he heard wrong, but as much as he tried to make himself forget the more the image of his grandmother....

"Do.. don't tell me you also...

The old woman turned towards him with a knowing smile.

"Also what ? Did I tell them about my adventures with your grandfather?

Yes, I did."

".....

Jack opened his mouth to say something, but the words were stuck on his throat. He knew that no matter what he said it was useless. 

'Why me! Why?!'

*Sigh*

He looked defeated. It was like a shadow had been cast uppon him and he seemed to have aged rapidly, or so it seemed on the outside.

"Oh honey, there is nothing to be ashamed of. It's just the natural course of things."

"Okay okay, I get it, so stop explaining it to me! I'm going to rest for a while so don't disturb me ."

"Aren't you going to eat lunch with us? "

"I don't know , I'm not feeling that hungry right now. "

"Okay, but your grandfather is going to be disappointed if you don't join us. He was so excited that you came here to visit us during your summer break .You know, after...

"I know...

None of them spoke and  the only sound was the conversation  on the TV. It seemed that the male lead had cheated on his wife with her younger sister .

"Anyway...I'm going now.Just save some leftovers for me if possible."

.....

"Huaaa...

' I'm never going to get the thought of grandma doing it with grandpa.  Just the thought of it tired me more than fighting slimes.'

" To get those thoughts out of my mind I'll just have to focus on my stat distribution. If that doesn't cheer me up then nothing will."

"STATUS"

Name Jack Hunter
Age 17
Hp 100/100%
Mp 18/100%
Strength 6
Dexterity 5
Constitution 5
Intelligence 6
Wisdom 7
Charisma 4
Level 3 34/100 %
Stat Points 12

'As expected, my stat points have increased by four more after the level up and my level progress is at 34%. Now then what stat should I raise? Should I put all my points into strength and disregard the other stats for now?

Well that's not a bad idea as I'm already faster than the slimes so I don't have to raise my dexterity. Wisdom and charisma are out of the question as I'm not that keen on mana regeneration speed and charisma is useless against slimes.Maybe if it was used against other people then..

Were getting out of track here. I need to be able to kill the slimes in the fastest way possible and not charm them which I doubt they can.What about intelligence and constitution then?'

9