The Right Path 4
175 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack looked at himself and couldn't help but be a little worried. 

"I really have gotten stronger , a lot stronger in fact ,but where is the limit to my growth? Will I continue to  grow stronger without limit until I become a god like figure?

This kind of power is to addictive."

Thoughts of the far future crossed his mind as they had many times since the Initiation. What would become of him and the other 'Gamers' like him? What was their purpose for existing, the reason they gained this power? 

' Was it to fight someone/something humans can't? Was is just a coincidence or just a really sick game from a omnipotent being who just wanted to know what would happen? An experiment with the whole human race as the test subjects?

Or was is just a coincidence, a cosmic occurrence that would be never understood?'

"Everytime I think about it I only have more questions to ask, but who is able to answer them?"

*Sigh*

'I have no answers ,only questions. My path is filled with fog on all sides which I can't see past and the only way to lessen this fog is to play the game, get stronger and finally find out its purpose.'

Jack threw these questions to the back of his mind and decided to concentrate.

"A dungeon will not be completed by itself so I better get to work.

DUNGEONS."

He opened his dungeons tab and in it beside  'Slimy Tunnel' there were two more new dungeons available.

            Haunted Mansion
The mansion of a wealthy noble has been plagued by a unrelenting curse.
The previous pristine mansion has now turned into the playground of unholy creatures that wait in the shadows for whoever is unfortunate enough to come across them.

            Dirty Sewers
A place where the filth of the city is collected and one of the worse places for a human to live , but not others.
 This place has become the gathering and breeding place of many creatures who now call it home.

"These two are the two new dungeons that appeared in my dungeons tab recently, but why? What were their conditions for appearing? Is it related to my strength or level?

Maybe something entirely different?"

Jack had been thinking about his next move for the last week. As 'Slimy Tunnel' had become a walk in the park for him except the Boss he needed a new leveling ground and fortunately he now had two options before him.

As he thought of leveling he remembered the title 'Pioneer' he had gained not long ago which gave him an XP gain rate of +50%. That was good and all , but the problem was the dungeon itself.

'No way in hell I'm going inside that death trap until I'm 99.999% certain that I will be able to survive. Getting surrounded by those wendigo's is certain to get me killed right now.'

"So, what shall I choose? Both these new dungeons are completely new to me and I don't know what I can expect from them but...

The ' Haunted Mansion' seems to also be a undead type dungeon like the ' Forest of Death ' , but I'm not sure of it's difficulty. On the other hand ' Dirty Sewers ' description is to vague for my liking."

......

The next day at seven in the morning the usual clear skies and unhindered sunshine were seen. Jack had woken up early again and was ready to level up.

" Jack are you going out early again today?"

"Yeah, I'm going to be late again today. Okay then, I'm going."

"Jack honey, can I ask you something and you have to be completely straight with me, okay?

No lying!"

Jack turned around and looked him grandmother in the eyes. He was somewhat tense at the situation.

'Does she know something about the app?'

He was worried , but didn't show it on his face.

"What is it, I'm going to get late."

"I know I'm being a little anoying , but I have to ask you something. What do you do everyday that you go out this early ? Where do you go because I'm sure you're not going to town.

So, tell me the truth right now. Are you doing something illegal? Are taking drugs?"

*Babum Babum*

Jack's heart was beating fast from the first two questions , but after his grandmother finished he left out a sigh of relief inside his head.

' Damn, I thought that she had discovered that I was a gamer and was confronting me. Glad to know that grandpa  is not someone to blabber his mouth , even to someone who he had been married for more than fifty years.

"What are you talking about?

Me doing something illegal...taking drugs? Hahahaha.....haha....

You know me and know that I would never do something like that."

"I know that and I'm sorry for questioning you , but I had to hear it with my own ears. I don't want you to end up as...

"......

Can I go now?"

Jack seemed to be upset by what his grandmother was implying.

"Yes, but before I forget....

Your mother is going to visit Ben in the hospital today, so...

"What is it?"

Jack said with an annoyed look on his face .

"She wants to see you and I think you would want to see her. I think you should go."

"Is my hearing alright? She just wants to see me? What for? What it is so important that she couldn't tell me over the phone?"

"No it's....

It's Grace!"

".....did you just say Grace?"

"Please don't be mad? She asked me the other day if she could come to see him and....

"Stop! 

If she wants to go to see him she can do as she pleases. It's not my business what she does anyway."

"Jack don't say that! She is your mother."

"Hah...

I'm getting tiered of this so I'm heading out right now. We'll talk about this when I come back."

"Jack...

Jack was almost running as he went out of the house and out of that stifling conversation.

' Why do I have to hear such news right now? Now my morning is ruined.

Shit!'

After he was far enough from the house Jack speed up and in just  three minutes arrived at his training spot.

.....

"I really need to find another place to train my skills."

He looked around and saw the mangled trees, ground, rocks and frowned at the sight. This place was now a dump.

"Anyway, moving on."

He took his phone and prepared for his dungeon dive. Today he had decided to try a new dungeon.

"DUNGEONS....

Enter ' Haunted Mansion '."

*Flash*

5