Haunting Screams 10
183 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In his right hand was a cross and in his left a bible. This either made him look like a priest or  maybe just some sort of weird cosplay.

"So I was right after all. This dungeon is different and this cross is the proof of it. This mission item,. this silver cross....

Going by the description does that mean that this cross is needed to complete my mission?"

*Clank*

'This sound... it's getting closer.'

The sound of clanging metal and wood attracted the attention of Jack bringing him out of his thoughts. He knew that the time for rest was over he was about to face something again. He put on his helmet , turned his back towards to the wall and started spinning the kusari-fundo.

"It seems that I have company....and more than one it seems."

The sound of metal hitting metal came from the right and the sound of metal against wood came from outside the broken windows.

'The enemies seem to be two or maybe even more than that, but it doesn't matter. The room may not be small, but it clearly doesn't have that much space for multiple opponent to gang up on me so at most I'll face two of them. Well this also reduces the usability of my kusari-fundo, but you can't have everything.'

*Click clack....

The sound of metal hitting metal suddenly stopped and at the same time the other sound stopped also. This ment that the quiet erie atmosphere of the mansion was restored , but the pressure that was on Jack didn't lessen and instead kept getting bigger and bigger.

' Why did they stop? Are they planning something? What is it?'

Jack's nerves were on edge in this situation and he didn't like it. The waiting seemed more taxing to him than the fight.The sound of the kusari-fundo was the only thing that brought some normalcy to the place, but it couldn't continue like this forever. Jack had to make a move and fast.

' I can't stay here forever waiting for them to make the first move, so I'll do it for them.'

Jack was ready to go into the offense, but he didn't want to go outside again. The thing that attacked him may be the one that was ,so his only option was to go to the right.

" Huuu huuu..

I got this!"

'Physicial Enhancement'

As soon as Jack activated his 'Physicial Enhancement' skill he imediately rushed to the right and into the unknown. He had made up his mind to strike while the iron was hot.

"Roaaaar...

*Bang*

Jack managed to reach the entrance of the corridor when a roar and then a banging sound was heard.

'Shit...

The enemy had foiled his plan to have the first attack and now he was in deep shit. 

'I can't stop right now. I need to get to the enemy in front as soon as possible and defeat him  before taking care of the one behind. I can't waste even one second because if I'm attacked from the front and the back at the same time it'll be hard to defend let alone attack.'

With death right behind him he pushed himself even more , vanquishing any thought of retreating .

' I'll complete this damned mission and I'll get stronger and stronger, until no one can threten me anymore.'

In this tense situation Jack had made the right decision. Before with his back behind the wall he was able to handle two attackers, but if he was attacked from his blind spot then nothing could save him.

"Aaaaaa....

Jack gave a shout as finally after crossing four more meters the figure of his opponent came to view and a stray thought crossed Jack's mind.

'What...is that?'

Even in that tense moment Jack still was surprised by the weirdness of this place.  The opponent in front of him this time was not a strong looking butcher , but a skinny looking human wearing a butlers uniform and holding in front of him a silver plate with a silver dome on top of it, but that was not the most important part.The butler that was in front of Jack didn't seem to have a head.

' A headless butler? '

"Roaaaar....

The angry roar was heard again from the back and Jack could even feel the cold breath of his opponent on his neck. Jack didn't waste even as second as he was finally in range so  he attacked, or rather he tried to.

"Dieee...

The weighted end of the kusari-fundo flew towards the chest of the butler like a unstoppable missile as he had expected, but in the next moment it just stopped like it had lost all it's power.

'What happened!? Why did it stop?'

Everything was as it's supposed to be, but reality was often disappointing. Jack was about to get rid of one his enemies so he could have some room to breathe, but it seemed that that though was just a dream. In the last moment before the weighted end was about to make contact the silver dome covering the place flew and the figure of a decapitated head was seen. 

The head that was in the plate seemed to have lost all it's moisture as it was like the head of a mumy, but it's eyes were a different story. They were pitch black with a red pupil and from them shined a demonic crimson light.

'I can't move! Why can't I move!?'

"Roaaaar...

Jack's body had gone completely still as he couldn't move a muscle and as much as he struggled he couldn't get free from whatever what's binding him, but that wasn't all. His chain that was headed towards the chest of the butler had aslo stoped in mid air .

' Is it the heads doing? As soon as the head was revealed...

I miscalculated.'

*Bang*

As much as Jack wanted to know what was happening to him at the moment it didn't matter anymore. An axe came swinging towards his head with blinding speed and with pinpoint accuracy it hit Jack's helmet in the middle producing a loud sound as metal clashed against metal.

 

3