Haunting Screams 12
103 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Flash*

As soon as Jack said those words two lines of yellow golden light formed before him and took the shape of a cross. The cross was not big, only a little bigger than the silver cross Jack had found making it not that impressive , but from that golden cross you could clearly feel great power.

"Youaaaaaaa.....

The golden cross reflected on the horrified head's red eyes , and the the horrified face of the mumyfied head was reflected back on Jack's eyes.

' Die!'

The golden cross flew straight towards the mumyfied head and without any resistance it sliced through it like a hot knife through butter. The cross was like a sharp blade slicing the head into four equal pieces.

"Iaaaaaa....

The head didn't even have time to respond, as with a pained scream it cought fire.

"Roaaaar.....

*Bam*

"Ughh....

The muscle monsters huge foot slammed hard on Jack's back taking his breath away. It seemed like it was concerned about what just happened. On the other hand Jack was writhing in pain. Since he had become a gamer he had been injured more than a couple of times , but this was the most painful attack he had ever received.

"Hiiii....hiiiii...*cough**cough*..

'It hurts.'

He struggled to fill his lungs with air as much as he could, but even breathing hurt. The blood he had just coughed stained the ground red.

'Shit!'

*Bam*

Another stomp from the muscle monster came , but Jack managed to wiggle out of the way enough to doge it. 

"Kiiiilll yaaaa.....

Clearly, the muscle monster didn't like that the little human that wounded him so much had evaded his attack, so he raised his leg for the third and last time.

"*Cough* Go to hell....

Before the hammer like leg was about to hit him again a blood arrow pierced a hole right through the muscle monster eye. 

"Ki....yaa...kill....

The monster fell hard on the ground , dead. Even he wouldn't  be able to survive with a hole through his head.

"Aaaaaa.... shit....

'I really got f*cked up real good. That damn monster definitely had broken some of my ribs. Ugh...why does it hurt so much!?'

Jack who was still on the ground tried to hold his pained screams , but it was hard.  His chest hurt, his lungs burned and he felt like he was about to throw up. He was in such a miserable state right now that even a slime could kill him.

*Ping*

"Hah hah...shut the f*ck up! Shit...

The piercing pain that cursed through his body was to much for Jack, but he still tried to move. He tried to straighten his body enough to see what had happened to the headless butler and released a sigh of relief.

'Phew, so he really is dead, but where is the head?'

He managed to see the headless body of the butler sprawled on the ground and not moving , but he didn't see the mumyfied head anywhere. It seemed like it had disappeared into thin air.

'No way! Did it really manage to survive even after that attack?

Shit shit....

I have to recover as soon as possible before it attacks me again.'

"Inventory!"

He took his phone while waves of piercing pain made him want to really give up, but he didn't. 

' I donn't want to be the stupid victim of a B rate horror movie.'

He took four potions, two of red and blue color and immediately gulped them down.

"Ahh...the Mana one tastes like blueberry. Sss...."

After that he opponed his INVENTORY again and gulped down some painkillers trying to alleviate the pain he was on and waited and waited. He waited with his back against the wall for 2 minutes , but nothing happened.

' What is going on? Did the head really retreat? Maybe that's it ,because why wouldn't it attack me when I was in such a weak condition. If so , does that mean it's afraid of me or is it too wounded to fight anymore.

I better check my battle log. '

[ Initiating.....

Encountered enemy: Cursed Blood Puppet

.....

Encountered enemy: Soul Eater

You:

Activated skill 'Rocky': All physicial damage nullified for one second....

......

Cursed Blood Puppet:

HP -30

Critical

HP -40

Critical

HP -47

You:

HP - 10

MP -10

HP - 10

MP -10

HP - 10

MP -10

Received debuff 'Vitality Drain' : -1 HP every second for 5 seconds

Received debuff 'Mana Burn': -1 MP every second for 5 seconds

HP -25

Soul Eater:

Critical

HP - 150

......

You

Defeated enemy: Soul Eater

Gained :

100 XP

100 Gold

'Soul Stone' x3....

You:

Critical

HP -38

Received debuff ' Bleeding': -1 HP every second...

Cursed Blood Puppet:

Critical

- 53 HP

You:

Defeated enemy : Cursed Blood Puppet

Gained:

100 XP

100 Gold

' Soul Stone'

Loot 'Cursed Bloody Puppet'

'Yes' 'No'....]

Jack looked at his battle log in relief.

' Shit! I was worried for nothing. The mumyfied head didn't attack me because it was already dead. But where is it's body?'

The more he thought about the battle the more he  understood.

' The more I look at it the more I understand how lucky I was to have survived and the more I look at the less I understand what really happened.

Why are there two monsters in  my battle log and not three. I clearly was against the muscle monster who should be the ' Cursed Blood Puppet' , the mumyfied head who should be the 'Soul Eater' but where is the headless butler.'

"Hmmm.... maybe...

There was no third monster. The headless body and the decapitated head ....

Maybe they were one monster all along?I don't know if this is true, but at least that head is definitely dead."

3