Chapter 5
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a short walk, Kytes and Corlin arrived at the palace. Faced with that beautiful place that was once "glorious", Kytes seemed much more excited than usual.

- Can you stand guard here? Kytes asked, although that question was more like an order.

- Ok… - Corlin was afraid thanks to the sudden change in the mood of Kytes, which started to change as soon as they entered the city.

Kytes walked alone to the palace entrance, a huge gate about ten meters high, made arrogantly of gold. Inside, he could hear voices humming and the sound of music playing. A harp and a violin playing together was mesmerizing, and in the midst of all that, it could only imply that they were having a party.

Behind that gate, they were drinking and celebrating great soldiers and nobles, who were certainly the best in the kingdom. Not a word better describes the aura they emanated than ... arrogance.

The air around Kytes contained a dark hatred, something stirred him, as if he had become a demon. After watching the gate for a few seconds, which no soldier guarded, he reached out and touched that entrance.

It was in a simple touch that the gate gave way. He fell to the inside of the palace with a loud bang, drawing everyone's attention.

Kytes entered the place walking over the door, his face was not like that of a human, he was more like a hungry beast behind his prey. His eyes became glowing blue, his presence was like that of an army of a thousand men and his breath was dense like that of a dragon.

With his back slightly curved forward, he watched the limelight. A young man in his early twenties, seated on a throne, was wearing a crown plated with gold and diamonds, wearing a cloak made of bearskin. His previously cheerful, light-colored face quickly showed fear and pallor when he felt the overwhelming presence of Kytes.

- So ... Here ... It's the source.

Thanks to the weight of his own breathing, Kytes made frequent pauses in speech. In the middle of this, the young man rose from the throne and arrogantly pointed his finger in Kytes's direction.

- Who are you?! - He screamed.

Kytes focused his eyes even more on the young man, who dared to increase his tone in the presence of the "Governor of Universes". It only served to give more fuel to the evil ego that controlled Kytes at that moment. Little did the young man know that he was already dead.

- I ... I'm just ... The lord of the end.

As soon as Kytes closed his mouth, the exit was locked by a titanium plate and the lights that illuminated the lobby went out; it was a blink of an eye to never see the light again. The place had been filled with absolute darkness and desperate screams could be heard. However, all that could be seen was Kytes' illustrious eyes and a pair of giant crimson red eyes that hovered before the exit and faced the young king.

Amid that darkness, where you couldn't see two arms away, something illustrious started to happen. The legs of the people present there were grabbed by small children's hands that held them tight. Little faces with bizarre smiles plastered on their faces left the floor.

Amid that chaos, Kytes resumed his everyday tone of voice, only much more dark and arrogant.

- If you want to blame someone for your infamous fate, I don't recommend that you blame me, because I will listen to you and go to the end of hell just to torture you.

After those words by Kytes, people were pulled by the children's arms into the earth and an indomitable shouting dominated the entire room. In a short space of time, practically everyone had been taken away, and the darkness was dissipated there by the big crimson eyes. Kytes' eyes and body also returned to normal. At that moment, he saw something that surprised him and caught his attention.

The young man had not been pulled, in fact he was sitting on the throne with his eyes almost lifeless, his body was immobile and hard as stone, as if his life had been drained. Before him was a shadow so dark that not even the sunlight could dispel it. Kytes walked to the side of the shadow without fear, in fact, he was quite calm.

- So you're the former king.

-… - The shadow just stared at him without answering, in fact, she couldn't even, since it was just a shadow.

Kytes took a long breath and placed the tip of his index finger on the forehead of the young man who could not move, while with the other hand touched the shadow.

- I will return your throne, I ask you not to falter again.

In an instant, the shadow entered Kytes' body and passed to the young man from the index finger that touched his forehead, and the one who sat on the throne, passed out at the same time. Kytes soon turned and walked away from that place.

Kytes barely walked and was already faced with Corlin who was waiting bored around him. He walked quietly to her.

-Yo! - He said with a small smile.

- Hey! Don't steal my greeting so blatantly! - Corlin sighed for a second before continuing - How was it inside?

- It was safe.

- Anyway, I'm happy to be back to normal.

- Hihihi! So you were worried about me?

- Tsk!

- Anyway, let's buy some clothes, I believe there is a store in that city. - Kytes said while fiddling with her orange rags.

- I wish I did. But we have no money ... - Corlin said sadly.

- No worries, I robbed the room so perfectly that even the narrator didn't notice.

-… You are evil.

- I rid the city of a disease, it is a fair price.

Corlin blew out a long breath and then the two started walking through the city.

- Just for the record, how old are you?

- You will know, how many do you think I have?

- Hey! Do not deviate so easily from the question.

- Come on, don't do it, I want to see if you get close.

- 22?

- I understand ... so from today I am 22!

- Hey!

- Is that you? How old are you?

Corlin let out a long breath before answering:

- 23.

- Tiazona. Whispered Kytes.

- What did you say?! Corlin clenched his fist and asked irritably.

- There's only one catch in this story.

- What?

- The clothing store ... Where is it? - Asked Kytes, they stopped walking for a moment and faced each other.

They walked a lot until they found the store, in the end, it was in the prime part of the city. Kytes bought some clothes, but only wore a white blouse and black denim shorts.

Corlin bought a lot, but in the end what he liked best was a short black dress with red lines. This luxurious dress had no sleeves and ended before the knee. By the way, when Corlin asked Kytes how she looked in that dress, he replied:

"Honestly speaking, I have never seen anyone so beautiful." He was rubbing his cheek slightly, showing shame. It was clearly flattery, but it was enough for Corlin to be slightly embarrassed and run back into the provider. As soon as she left, Kytes returned with a confident tone while negotiating with the seller.

Before leaving the store, they asked the owner of the place, who was happy to have made good money, where there was an inn. After obtaining the information, they went to the place to spend the night. Corlin went straight to the room, while Kytes negotiated the price of accommodation and went to the room some time later.

The place had just a big, beautiful double bed with a red silk sheet and pillows, the clothes they bought were in a chest that Corlin placed next to the bed. She was sitting in the middle of the bed, apparently tense, so Kytes decided to ask:

- What are you doing there?

- I was just here asking me, how did you manage to break down that door so easily?

1